Rafa Benítez (now unemployed)

Greg

Would you have Rafa back?   

463 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have Rafa back?

• Yes, as manager, immediately
    • Yes, as manager, but at some point in the future (eg if relegated)
    • Yes, in an advisory or DoF role
    • No, not in any meaningful capacity

This poll is closed to new votes

Leaving Ritchie on was absolutely inexcusable probably the wrong decision. We were dying for Murphy to come on, and he blatantly settled for a point whilst Ritchie just slowed down every single bit of play we had in the most painful fashion.

Shite, complete wrong approach today.

Wrong.

Agree with the bold bit tbf. Nowt else, mind :lol:

Leaving Ritchie on was absolutely inexcusable. We were dying for Murphy to come on, and he blatantly settled for a point whilst Ritchie just slowed down every single bit of play we had in the most painful fashion.

Wrong.

Feel free to tell me why.

Settled for a point?! We should have been 3 up at half time and if we didn't have two 1 goal in  3 chances strikers we would have been. Swansea deserved nowt but to be beat today and we failed to put them to the sword because in my opinion ion lack of confidence and not quality. We do shit at home because half of the fans are utter fucking Doyls who should fuck off to Warner brothers if they want to be entertained.

We clearly settled for the point once we got it back to 1-1 which is completely the wrong thing to do when playing the worst team in the league at home IMO

You'd have to be being deliberately obtuse to say that leaving Murphy on the bench in the late stages (while only using two subs) after his last league performance was anything other than baffling.

Yep.?? should have been on immediately after Joselu gets us a goal back.

Wrong today again.

What?!

We should have been like 3up at half time man...

Fucking madness H. Rafa is giving us a chance in games, the players just aren't good enough.

Some seem to think we could just flick a switch and attack teams to death blithely ignoring that we get picked off at home in the current defensive system and we don't have any good attacking players.

Crazy shit.

We had like 4 good chances in the first 30minutes. Your post is lost on me, maybe cause I'm half cut but the game today was in our hands. We didn't win because we lacked confidence and composure

Yeah I think you're giving pissed because I'm agreeing with you other than you're attributing a lack of goals to composure or something and I say the strikers are simply not good enough. As I've said Rafa has the team system functioning and creating chances but we don't have good enough players to finish them.

I agree mate. It's the lack of quality that's killing us but I for one would have that 10 times over rather than the spineless cunts that have come before. People cannot criticise Benitez for tactics today like. I get peoples frustrations vs Man City but today we had plenty of chances to score we just didn't take them.

I've tried to be diplomatic for a while. But sorry... If you think Benitez is part of the issue and we could do better without him you can fuck off and support Sunderland. I kilowatt you don't BTW. Just generalising [emoji38]

Guest Howaythetoon

Sorry but Rafa can be criticised and should be for that second half. Forget the first half chances, we go in 0-0 dominating, on top, they are there for the draw, all we have to do is keep piling the pressure on and what do we do? The fucking opposite and then go a goal behind. Had they won...

It’s nonsense and needs to stop because it’s costing us big time. We play the same way we did first half and we win comfortably because the goal was coming, only a matter of time etc.

We equalise and the whole team go onto protecting the scoring mode, happy not to lose. Sorry but it’s bollcoks at home to Swansea, one of the worst sides I’ve seen at SJP who had a corner at the end of the first half, nowt to lose, and waste fucking time. Throw it in, you might get a goal. That wasn’t their game plan though.

Once we sat back though and conceded the game to them second half, well you’re begging them to score and as shit as they are, you can’t look a gift horse in the mouth...

Wrong today again.

What?!

Fucking madness H. Rafa is giving us a chance in games, the players just aren't good enough.

Some seem to think we could just flick a switch and attack teams to death blithely ignoring that we get picked off at home in the current defensive system and we don't have any good attacking players.

Crazy shit.

We had like 4 good chances in the first 30minutes. Your post is lost on me, maybe cause I'm half cut but the game today was in our hands. We didn't win because we lacked confidence and composure

Yeah I think you're giving pissed because I'm agreeing with you other than you're attributing a lack of goals to composure or something and I say the strikers are simply not good enough. As I've said Rafa has the team system functioning and creating chances but we don't have good enough players to finish them.

I agree mate. It's the lack of quality that's killing us but I for one would have that 10 times over rather than the spineless cunts that have come before. People cannot criticise Benitez for tactics today like. I get peoples frustrations vs Man City but today we had plenty of chances to score we just didn't take them.

I've tried to be diplomatic for a while. But sorry... If you think Benitez is part of the issue and we could do better without him you can fuck off and support Sunderland. I kilowatt you don't BTW. Just generalising [emoji38]

Ah man, I'm saying Rafa is spot on with what he's doing like, just for the record.

Sorry like... But we should have been 3 up by half time. Lack of a quality striker cost us. Anything else is just stupid. Bored to f***ing tears of people following the mantra that if a team is doing bad it must be the managers fault. Mindless f*** spackers following the Sky Sports / Premier League mantra. Have a word with yourselves man. Tits.

Agreed. But we didn’t and as such it was 0-0 at half-time. What we did second half was allow a totally awful Swansea side to take the lead, dominate possession and basically have the second half. When you are dominant and creating chances you keep going, keep knocking on that door, eventually one will go in. We just didn’t turn up second half, a complete contras to the first half.

Again there is no excuse for that.

If we go in 2-0 up then you can relax etc. Go in 0-0 despite having the best chances and unlucky not to lead and surely you keep going. But oh no, not Rafa at home. Negative, boring, counter productive and total nonsense. This kind of ‘result’ can send you down. Swansea will draw huge confidence from this, for us it’s another game in the league at home we’ve failed to win.

It’s definately a ‘tactic’ of the manager because he was constantly instructing certain players to not get too far forward, to hold a line, to drop back and when the captain tells the keeper not to release the ball early and then bollocks him for even thinking about it, despite a break on and the crowd pushing for an early release...

It’s like the manager is happy just not to lose at home.

Me, I don’t get it or the tactics, it’s shit and costing us big time. Swansea were there for the taking and one of the worst sides I’ve seen at home, yet second half they bossed it. First half only one winner and comfortably so, but only if we kept playing in the same vein...

Second half. It was like a different team, a different game.

I'll be honest. I always appreciate your opinion because I have this sense that you come from a similar footballing background to me, and I see your point. For me, 1st half we piled pressure and should have been 2up at least. 2nd half, we tried to let them come on so it would expose them on the counter. Given the results away from home that isn't stupid, but we paid the cost. At 1-1 we should have went hell for leather and instead we cautiously pressed. It was frustrating, but we've taken 4 points from Swansea this season which is good. All being said. We didn't win today because of a lack in quality (again) and not Benitez. He isn't void of criticism but after the last ten years of Ashley this probably the first team you can say you like and are proud of for a decade (at least).

Wrong today again.

What?!

Crazy shit.

Ah man, I'm saying Rafa is spot on with what he's doing like, just for the record.

I kna pal. I kna [emoji38] :thup:

Leaving Ritchie on was absolutely inexcusable. We were dying for Murphy to come on, and he blatantly settled for a point whilst Ritchie just slowed down every single bit of play we had in the most painful fashion.

Wrong.

Settled for a point?! We should have been 3 up at half time and if we didn't have two 1 goal in  3 chances strikers we would have been. Swansea deserved nowt but to be beat today and we failed to put them to the sword because in my opinion ion lack of confidence and not quality. We do shit at home because half of the fans are utter fucking Doyls who should fuck off to Warner brothers if they want to be entertained.

We clearly settled for the point once we got it back to 1-1 which is completely the wrong thing to do when playing the worst team in the league at home IMO

Na. Certain players lacked urge cy but that wasn't tactical. I'm fairly certain. Ritchie is terrified of taking a man on any time of the game and that's what stand sour for me most...

Wrong.

Na. Certain players lacked urge cy but that wasn't tactical. I'm fairly certain. Ritchie is terrified of taking a man on any time of the game and that's what stand sour for me most...

I'm also consistently a fan of things like 'we allowed them to' and 'we settled for' and such. There are two teams in a game and unless you're top class class 'allowing' them to do something doesn't come into it. They make tactical changes and we don't have any options to respond.

I was a constant, constant critic of Pardew for crying about the players he had, Rafa isn't doing that but Stevie fucking Wonder can see what's going on surely.

Sorry like... But we should have been 3 up by half time. Lack of a quality striker cost us. Anything else is just stupid. Bored to f***ing tears of people following the mantra that if a team is doing bad it must be the managers fault. Mindless f*** spackers following the Sky Sports / Premier League mantra. Have a word with yourselves man. Tits.

Agreed. But we didn’t and as such it was 0-0 at half-time. What we did second half was allow a totally awful Swansea side to take the lead, dominate possession and basically have the second half. When you are dominant and creating chances you keep going, keep knocking on that door, eventually one will go in. We just didn’t turn up second half, a complete contras to the first half.

If we go in 2-0 up then you can relax etc. Go in 0-0 despite having the best chances and unlucky not to lead and surely you keep going. But oh no, not Rafa at home. Negative, boring, counter productive and total nonsense. This kind of ‘result’ can send you down. Swansea will draw huge confidence from this, for us it’s another game in the league at home we’ve failed to win.

It’s definately a ‘tactic’ of the manager because he was constantly instructing certain players to not get too far forward, to hold a line, to drop back and when the captain tells the keeper not to release the ball early and then bollocks him for even thinking about it, despite a break on and the crowd pushing for an early release...

Me, I don’t get it or the tactics, it’s shit and costing us big time. Swansea were there for the taking and one of the worst sides I’ve seen at home, yet second half they bossed it. First half only one winner and comfortably so, but only if we kept playing in the same vein...

I'll be honest. I always appreciate your opinion because I have this sense that you come from a similar footballing background to me, and I see your point. For me, 1st half we piled pressure and should have been 2up at least. 2nd half, we tried to let them come on so it would expose them on the counter. Given the results away from home that isn't stupid, but we paid the cost. At 1-1 we should have went hell for leather and instead we cautiously pressed. It was frustrating, but we've taken 4 points from Swansea this season which is good. All being said. We didn't win today because of a lack in quality (again) and not Benitez. He isn't void of criticism but after the last ten years of Ashley this probably the first team you can say you like and are proud of for a decade (at least).

Naa prefered our last champo side that gained promotion over this.

And our side with Demba ba Tiote Cabaye etc. Although managed by a cock end.

Are you feeling alright? :lol:

I honestly think our best chance of staying up is Rafa and his boring defensive football. We haven't got the strikers to risk playing an attacking game, and usually the weaker teams who are at least well organised, are the ones that stand a better chance of staying up. The talk about must win games is pointless at this stage of the season. We need 16 more points, we got another one today, could have been better, but at least we got one.

Wrong.

I think its clear that it was tactical at that point considering he took off Shelvey for a more defensive player and didn't even use our last sub, which would've been a great time to get Ritchie off for Murphy if we were going for it

Are you feeling alright? [emoji38]

There's a difference. I enjoyed them. They did well. But we are now something to be proud of. Imagine if Benitez had that same crop of players man...

I honestly think our best chance of staying up is Rafa and his boring defensive football. We haven't got the strikers to risk playing an attacking game, and usually the weaker teams who are at least well organised, are the ones that stand a better chance of staying up. The talk about must win games is pointless at this stage of the season. We need 16 more points, we got another one today, could have been better, but at least we got one.

:thup:

Spot fucking on. Rafa is correctly making this season a war of attrition. It's the only way.

Wrong.

I think its clear that it was tactical at that point considering he took off Shelvey for a more defensive player and didn't even use our last sub

Who came on for Shelvey? Merino. If so...then your talking shit...but I'm not certain.

Wrong.

I think its clear that it was tactical at that point considering he took off Shelvey for a more defensive player and didn't even use our last sub

Who came on for Shelvey? Merino. If so...then your talking shit...but I'm not certain.

Merino isn't more defensive than Shelvey in your opinion?

Wrong.

Merino isn't more defensive than Shelvey in your opinion?

Shelvey is basically CB for 70% of his game. So no. Definitely not.

There's a difference. I enjoyed them. They did well. But we are now something to be proud of. Imagine if Benitez had that same crop of players man...

Yes but if we are proud of them why if we are not blaming Rafa are we blaming them instead. Its constantly mentioned this is the worst side in years, only again today the worst in the league by some.

Im not really proud of this side or much of a fan of the football, its dull boring shit, but im not daft enough to not understand Benitez trophy haul speaks for itself, if we lose Benitez we will never get a decorated manager again for a good while. But all the same there has been games where collectively Rafa has been as much at fault as the players. Benitez cant really be blamed for Dwight Gayle being a poor header of a football and missing good opportunities, he could be blamed for crap and poorly timed subs though.

I hope he gets to deliver his true ambitions with us and is backed. But with the fat twat still here this will be another window where he might just not be thick skinned enough to deal with more piss taking from the hierarchy.

If we get nobody through the door that will give us what we need to stay up, I think he will fuck off.

Yes but if we are proud of them why if we are not blaming Rafa are we blaming them instead. Its constantly mentioned this is the worst side in years, only again today the worst in the league by some.

Im not really proud of this side or much of a fan of the football, its dull boring shit, but im not daft enough to not understand Benitez trophy haul speaks for itself, if we lose Benitez we will never get a decorated manager again for a good while. But all the same there has been games where collectively Rafa has been as much at fault as the players. Benitez cant really be blamed for Dwight Gayle being a poor header of a football and missing good opportunities, he could be blamed for crap and poorly timed subs though.

I hope he gets to deliver his true ambitions with us and is backed. But with the fat twat still here this will be another window where he might just not be thick skinned enough to deal with more piss taking from the hierarchy.

I think that his dull, methodical approach could be the difference between us staying up or enjoying one more game with a win that's all. 4 draws are better than 1 wins nd 3 losses. It's that sorta craic... Even though what I have said is over simplistic. FWIW I agree with the rest of your post. He isn't blameless but he is the smallest contributory factor.