Rafa Benítez (now unemployed)

Greg

Would you have Rafa back?   

463 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have Rafa back?

• Yes, as manager, immediately
    • Yes, as manager, but at some point in the future (eg if relegated)
    • Yes, in an advisory or DoF role
    • No, not in any meaningful capacity

This poll is closed to new votes

Yep, this is why chat about his subs is pretty pointless, he knows what we need and what we don't. We're about 9th in the league in chances created, we just don't score any of them. Bringing on Murphy instead of Joselu or whatever is not going to change that.

Sadly nothing else will change it either, given that he won't be allowed to sign a quality striker. Just need enough 1-0 and 0-0 to stay up I guess.

As it stands, we're on course to stay up. Considering we've got a championship squad it's a pretty amazing achievement tbh.

How do you work that out  :rolleyes:

Well as it stands if we continue to get points per game as we are and others do likewise then we'll not get relegated.

Yep, this is why chat about his subs is pretty pointless, he knows what we need and what we don't. We're about 9th in the league in chances created, we just don't score any of them. Bringing on Murphy instead of Joselu or whatever is not going to change that.

Sadly nothing else will change it either, given that he won't be allowed to sign a quality striker. Just need enough 1-0 and 0-0 to stay up I guess.

It's quite funny/sad that we're creating all these chances with the likes of Ritchie, Atsu, Murphy, Ayoze, Shelvey, Merino etc. Not really bursting at the seams with top quality either...fucking hell, just 1 bloody PL capable striker and to Dave's point, we'd not be talking about ANY of this.

That's the thing. We are one decent striker away from a top 10 position. We have five draws, and eight games where we lost with a single goal, and there are plenty of those games where we created enough chances to score that goal we needed. Almost every extra goal for us would be a point giving goal. Compare that to under Pardew where an extra goal in most cases would just be a consolation goal.

As it stands, we're on course to stay up. Considering we've got a championship squad it's a pretty amazing achievement tbh.

How do you work that out  :rolleyes:

We've got 23 points from 23 games, we're on course to get 38 points which would likely keep us up. Now roll your eyes back into your head.

That's the thing. We are one decent striker away from a top 10 position. We have five draws, and eight games where we lost with a single goal, and there are plenty of those games where we created enough chances to score that goal we needed. Almost every extra goal for us would be a point giving goal. Compare that to under Pardew where an extra goal in most cases would just be a consolation goal.

Completely, Rafa will keep all our games competitive but we just lack that extra edge to turn them into wins. And we've made some individual defensive errors that have cost us. When I watch us, we don't look like a relegation team, we just lack that bit extra to be comfortable.

Guest firetotheworks

Aye, I was just saying to a lad at work yesterday that we're the frustrating combination of the best organised but worst quality Newcastle team I think I've seen.

Definitely feels like the beginning of the end. Bit dramatic obviously but this shite today will set off the chain of events that means he’ll inevitably walk away. I fucking despise this club at times.