Rafa Benítez (now unemployed)

Greg

Would you have Rafa back?   

463 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have Rafa back?

• Yes, as manager, immediately
    • Yes, as manager, but at some point in the future (eg if relegated)
    • Yes, in an advisory or DoF role
    • No, not in any meaningful capacity

This poll is closed to new votes

Pretty sure this is how Leicester did it in their PL winning season. Just quietly going about their business and then BOOM... champions.

Ummm, nope. Leicester looked pretty good as an attacking force from day one as I recall. (Caveat: Unless you're being funny).

Newcastle's 1-0 win over Roy Hodgson's Crystal Palace means Magpies manager Rafael Benitez has never lost a home league game in English football against a coach who has also managed England. He has won 17 and drawn four of his 21 games.

Pretty sure this is how Leicester did it in their PL winning season. Just quietly going about their business and then BOOM... champions.

Leicester looked pretty good as an attacking force from day one as I recall.

Agree. I only know this cos I work with a Lesta fan and I was telling her from January they were going to win the league, it was a perfect storm. She's a bit jumpy and couldn't watch any of their games. Feel for her, she's been staunch throughout but that's where she was at the time. Went to Wembo etc in the past. Imagine that. We win the League and you didn't watch it cos of anxiety. Fuck that. Gimme another pint, I can cope :lol:

Don't see what Crooks is saying wrong there to be honest. Benitez is a manager who is capable of winning the title with a team given the resources.

He'll definitely win a trophy if he's given the sort of funds the top clubs get. You could argue he'd do it even given half that.

Apart from Elliot, who is actually only really Championship level in our team? Manquillo is iffy but he's better than the Championship, same with Perez & Joselu.

Nobody, the squad is actually better than people think. Don't get me wrong it's still shite :lol: But i don't think we'd go down with a different manager tbh.( obviously within reason) Rafa is doing a fantastic job, goes without saying but i think people overplay it sometimes.

Guest firetotheworks

I think the exact opposite tbh. I think we'd be bottom or thereabouts without Rafa tbh. The league is very competitive this season and there isn't one team that massively stands out as a certainty for relegation.

Obviously it depends on the manager, Pardew would have us relegated without a doubt. :lol: I just think a lot of the teams from 10th downwards are very overrated talent wise, with or without Rafa i think we are better than the bottom 6 imo.

The front 2 are utter garbage but most of the team belongs in the 11th-15th range. Basically any manager who doesn't actively make the team worse would have us safe personally.

Apart from Elliot, who is actually only really Championship level in our team? Manquillo is iffy but he's better than the Championship, same with Perez & Joselu.

I don't think any of the players you mentioned are better than the championship. Perez spent a lot of last season playing poorly and I just can't imagine looking at Manquillo or Joselu in the championship and thinking they're too good to be there

That'll perpetuate the alleged delusion nicely.

I'll bet you any f***ing money that the fans will be attributed with that s**** at some stage.

tbf they have signed Icardi in the other thread :lol:

I think the exact opposite tbh. I think we'd be bottom or thereabouts without Rafa tbh. The league is very competitive this season and there isn't one team that massively stands out as a certainty for relegation.

Aye for another manager - strong performers like Lascelles, Yedlin, Clark, Shelvey and co could really struggle. Let alone Perez, Hayden, Manquillo and Joselu.

Palace.