Rafa Benítez (now unemployed)

Greg

Would you have Rafa back?   

463 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have Rafa back?

• Yes, as manager, immediately
    • Yes, as manager, but at some point in the future (eg if relegated)
    • Yes, in an advisory or DoF role
    • No, not in any meaningful capacity

This poll is closed to new votes

Spent a helluva lot of time berating the 4th official tonight. Even went straight up to after half time before ko to make a point about something he must have reviewed on screen at half time.

Think it was the targetting of Woodman from their corners

Guest covmag

Interesting

https://www.transfermarkt.com/rafael-benitez/spielertransfers/trainer/1522/plus/0?station_id=2386

Excluding Torres and Higuiain

Pretty crap really, tab on to us and fuck me what a load of shite. :lol:

Not only are you completely wrong about his Liverpool signings, have you even bothered to see who he signed for Napoli? Do some research ffs.

Rafa took a title winning Napoli side and got them to 5th , spending fortunes.

Did you think he did a good job there?

When did Napoli win the title?

Apologies, meant Milan, treble winning side, how did that fair?

He took Napoli to third in his first season, and the squad they have now, is basically his. So yeah I reckon he did a good job.

Won trophies under him in '14 and '15. What a fraud. :lol:

Even better when you think he did it with their title winning squad of 1990

Interesting

https://www.transfermarkt.com/rafael-benitez/spielertransfers/trainer/1522/plus/0?station_id=2386

Not only are you completely wrong about his Liverpool signings, have you even bothered to see who he signed for Napoli? Do some research ffs.

Inter, nit picking i know but the Internet.....

Interesting

Won the Super Cup and Club World Cup. What's your point out of interest?

Guest covmag

Spent a helluva lot of time berating the 4th official tonight. Even went straight up to after half time before ko to make a point about something he must have reviewed on screen at half time.

Think it was the targetting of Woodman from their corners

Can understand, he is so small in height and stature.

Guest covmag

Interesting

And in the league?

Guest neesy111

He took Napoli to third in his first season, and the squad they have now, is basically his. So yeah I reckon he did a good job.

Won trophies under him in '14 and '15. What a fraud. :lol:

What did he win in 2015?  IIRC his last trophy was italian supercup in 2014?

So many great arguments in this thread tonight. Not.

Fair enough. I get that some people might not like him or his style of play but I dont understand why you're trying to validate your opinion with some really dimwitted stuff.

Interesting

And in the league?

Are you just going to cherry pick everything to suit your 'argument'?  :lol:

Your argument that he didn't achieve stuff at Inter, despite winning stuff at Napoli, Chelsea, Liverpool and Valencia. Your argument that apart from Torres and Higuain he's bought bad players, despite him signing literally loads of fantastic players. Your argument that there were some better players that were bought for less than Murphy but not listing plenty of signings which were more expensive than Murphy who have been poor players

Inter. Half a season. Didn't do great in the league. Won cup. Didn't appear to have backing. Balotelli sold in the summer. Asked his chairman to "back or sack" him. Got his wish.

I'm curious as to the exact pattern of misfiring neurons that makes you think this is relevant to the current situation.

Guest neesy111

Like all managers he signed some duffers but he wins trophies if he's given the tools, and right now he's trying to dig a tunnel to France with his bare hands.  He is a fairly defensive manager, not sure why that's a surprise that's how he's always been, maybe defensive is the wrong word, cautious is probably better. But better player in his chosen system brings better football and better results.

Aye sometimes he gets it wrong, again what manager doesn't, yet with the money he's been given or should that be money he's been denied ? He's gone beyond what i would have thought he could with this lot. He's not faultless but only one man is to blame for the shambles that we call our club now.

:thup:

I don't have an issue with how we are setup in the league etc, but when we play so bad against a team that's struggled in the last few months in the championship then I feel he has to take a chunk of responsibility for that.

Like all managers he signed some duffers but he wins trophies if he's given the tools, and right now he's trying to dig a tunnel to France with his bare hands.  He is a fairly defensive manager, not sure why that's a surprise that's how he's always been, maybe defensive is the wrong word, cautious is probably better. But better player in his chosen system brings better football and better results.

Aye sometimes he gets it wrong, again what manager doesn't, yet with the money he's been given or should that be money he's been denied ? He's gone beyond what i would have thought he could with this lot. He's not faultless but only one man is to blame for the shambles that we call our club now.

:thup:

I don't have an issue with how we are setup in the league etc, but when we play so bad against a team that's struggled in the last few months in the championship then I feel he has to take a chunk of responsibility for that.

Yeah in that i agree, that's where his cautiousness really shows up. 

Is this the internet message board version of when the AIDS is no longer treatable? This fucking section these days. :anguish:

To think, I felt a bit bad for covmag when he was deemed the worst poster on the board in the match thread. Sums it up that ShinPad was the knight in shitey armour that jumped in to defend him.

Guest reefatoon

We all love the thought of Rafa and his pedigree, but it is all absolutely pointless with the watered down handicapped version we have. It’s not enjoyable for anyone on any sort of level. The football is as bad and dull as the shit churned out by prior twats like fat Sam and Souness but we all hang in hope that it’s Rafa and we will be ok. But what’s the point of having him when he can’t remotely do his job to the best of his ability. What it has resorted to is the dullest football we have had to witness in god knows how long. Starting to think we would be better off with some other duffer as at least then we would know we would be shit and not hoping for more. Like hoying a boxer in the ring with his arms tied behind his back. He needs to go so we can get back to being furious at the shit that is churned up.

Is this the internet message board version of when the AIDS is no longer treatable? This fucking section these days. :anguish:

To think, I felt a bit bad for covmag when he was deemed the worst poster on the board in the match thread. Sums it up that ShinPad was the knight in shitey armour that jumped in to defend him.

Kaiz would have made a killing on the forum award nominations tonight if all the negative awards were still in there

Kaiz would have made a killing on the forum award nominations tonight if all the negative awards were still in there

Probably would've been the first year I'd have felt enough conviction to go out of my way and nominate.

Guest firetotheworks

You do all realise that Rafa doesn't have the same team that Allardyce and Souness had aye? You realise that with the amount of money that those two had he won the Champions League and the FA Cup?

Is this the internet message board version of when the AIDS is no longer treatable? This f***ing section these days. :anguish:

You know those radgies I was on about who post utter dogshit...

Guest reefatoon

You do all realise that Rafa doesn't have the same team that Allardyce and Souness had aye? You realise that with the amount of money that those two had he won the Champions League and the FA Cup?

That’s exactly what I was saying. He hasn’t had anywhere near that kind of money to spend, so we have a watered down version of Rafa, which results in awful players and awful football. There is no point in having a manger with his pedigree to then handicap him. The whole thing is just depressing, including the utter shit football he resorts to having to play.

I don't understand how people can watch our current team and deem this to be Rafa's style of play.

It is not his style of play. It is the players at his disposal. In order to stay in this league we have to be a more pragmatic side due to the the players we have.

It shouldn't be so hard to understand this at all.

Is this the internet message board version of when the AIDS is no longer treatable? This f***ing section these days. :anguish:

You know those radgies I was on about who post utter dogshit...

:lol: Knowing we're not on the same page is a badge of honour for my sanity right now tbf so thanks for clarifying. O0