Rafa Benítez (now unemployed)

Greg

Would you have Rafa back?   

463 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have Rafa back?

• Yes, as manager, immediately
    • Yes, as manager, but at some point in the future (eg if relegated)
    • Yes, in an advisory or DoF role
    • No, not in any meaningful capacity

This poll is closed to new votes

At this point it would be fucking tragic if Rafa stayed unless he has cast iron guarantees in writing about investment in the ground, training ground, academy and players. I cant imagine that Ashley would ever put that in writing and then it would be even less likely he would follow through with it. Rafa staying stops the supporters doing what they need to do, whether they will if he goes who knows.

At this point it would be fucking tragic if Rafa stayed unless he has cast iron guarantees in writing about investment in the ground, training ground, academy and players. I cant imagine that Ashley would ever put that in writing and then it would be even less likely he would follow through with it. Rafa staying stops the supporters doing what they need to do, whether they will if he goes who knows.

Yep.

Think it translates to 'sign Almiron and another bloke in a position we need and I'll seriously consider signing another deal'. Those things probably won't happen unfortunately.

We are surely signing another winger if reports in The Telegraph are true Murphy is close to moving on loan to West Brom. :yao:

If he had any doubts, the owner dangling potential signings in front of him before whipping them away at the last minute should finally get Ashley's message across:

Fuck off soonest Rafa, so I can hand the transfer pot to a manager who appreciates my charity.

Do people not realise yet that Benitez doesn't break contracts?

He should leave in the summer though and nobody can blame him. Even if Ashley promised £100 million to spend in the summer I think its more how the club conducts its transfer business rather the size of his budget that concerns him.