Rafa Benítez (now unemployed)

Greg

Would you have Rafa back?   

463 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have Rafa back?

• Yes, as manager, immediately
    • Yes, as manager, but at some point in the future (eg if relegated)
    • Yes, in an advisory or DoF role
    • No, not in any meaningful capacity

This poll is closed to new votes

I didn't think I'd ever get this far, but I think I've probably teetered over into wanting him to go ASAP. With Ashley's takeover agendas finally confirmed as being vexatious/altogether false; Benítez's departure truly is inevitable now so there is no point in delaying it. I want to know for sure if the wider fanbase can ever be relied upon to act in the greater good because, if not, I can start the grieving process properly. Rafa leaving mid-season in a fury is the best context you could wish for as a protester, so bring it on. It's devastating, but the best thing for everyone.

That last line from the Independent is interesting. Sounds like he might be gone after Thursday (as there's no chance we'll get anyone in who is decent).

I think he's gone

Hope he goes too.  Doesn't deserve this and neither do the fans or players.  I'm actually starting to hope Cardiff or Fulham stay up rather than us.  At least they try

3 days to go no closer to a signing it's fucking pathetic.  Not like we've had since August........

“The way things are going on here, I can say yes or not to the proposals that I receive. I can give some names but I don’t do any negotiations, anything. In the end I can say yes or not so you give me this or that I can choose one or the other one. That’s it. I can say yes if we need that.”

:lol: That's fuckin disgusting man.

That last line from the Independent is interesting. Sounds like he might be gone after Thursday (as there's no chance we'll get anyone in who is decent).

I think he's gone

Does sound very ominous. What a fantastic cauldron of ‘fuck you’ to the fat cunt. No signings and Rafa gone - there’ll surely be repurcussions.

And it seems as though that cunt Justin Barnes gets a very easy ride indeed. Since he came in it seems like he’s put the blockers in spending anything.

As an inspirational figure, it'll be a shame to see Rafa go. On the pitch we'll probably cope because we've not exactly been overachieving - squad is bad but no worse than Huddersfield, Cardiff and Burnley.

The only good thing is that it might light a fire under our fanbase, instead of these half-arsed sing-song 'protests'. I see what ultras do on the continent and weep at us in comparison.

Agree with Kets there.

Also getting to the point where I just feel sorry for him to be honest. He’s a fucking decent bloke who despite being taken for a ride has continued to maintain high standards and behave with decency. Just look at that he condolence letter he sent a few pages back.

Can’t say that I’d have done the same in his position. I’d have packed it in/gone off sick a long time ago. He’s being stopped from doing his job at the end of the day.

Whoever is there tomorrow needs to sing this guy’s name for 90 minutes. Fucking legend of a man.

The only good thing is that it might light a fire under our fanbase, instead of these half-arsed sing-song 'protests'. I see what ultras do on the continent and weep at us in comparison.

:thup:

Literally just the other day in Marseille:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47007852

I don't know the story but McCourt has been there for a couple of years and overseen 5th place and 4th place finishes, and brought players like Payet into the club.

Meanwhile, at NUFC, nearly 12 years of Ashley and 35,000 of our fans are still turning up to watch us get laughed out of town in a competition we've openly admitted we don't want to be in. Pathetic.

Agree with Kets there.

Also getting to the point where I just feel sorry for him to be honest. He’s a fucking decent bloke who despite being taken for a ride has continued to maintain high standards and behave with decency. Just look at that he condolence letter he sent a few pages back.

Can’t say that I’d have done the same in his position. I’d have packed it in/gone off sick a long time ago. He’s being stopped from doing his job at the end of the day.

Whoever is there tomorrow needs to sing this guy’s name for 90 minutes. Fucking legend of a man.

:thup: Have been since the day he arrived home and away and tomorrow will be no different. Only coupled with more volatile anti Ashley stuff from many.

If he does walk on Feb 1st, expect another constructive dismissal case to go in. Rafa is a dignified and honourable man - but he is working for a regime which is purposefully malevolent.

Dark times and it’s not going to get any better. Expect the return of Alllardyce, Pardew or barrow boy - Sherwood.

16/1 next to go if anyone fancies it. Can't see it myself.

Same tbh. Just think this is Rafa's last attempt at getting his targets - his strongest quotes, out of desperation.

Starting to think the best thing for the club is if he did leave this week, rather than the slow 4-month winding down.

They've clearly just been angling to get him out of the club, once they saw that he was going to be his own person and stick to his guns over what he wanted.

Incredible really. Can you even imagine what goofball is going to be brought in over the summer. They will absolutely not want anyone that is going to be any kind of person with a backbone.

Scary situation really. Best case scenario would be Moyes, and that's not something to get excited over.

I still think it will be Pardew.

Imagine that man :doh:

And people would actually still show up for Pardew.

You can just see them convincing themselves too ... "Well he did get us to 5th place, which was better than what Rafa ever did".

It would be Allardyce I reckon. Pardew lost the plot in his last job. He’s a risk.

Ashley wants to protect his exposure to a relegation. That’s all he wanted from Benítez except the pesky Spaniard has more ambition than that.

Hippo Head will give him exactly what he wants.

Allardyce is a good shout actually. Particularly as he loves mixing with all these agents and taking on players they suggest to him.

Ashley will love that as he wants someone to take on players off those French agents that schmoozed him in Monaco I think it was.

Just sign a number of young French players with potential and high resale values. Some will hit and some will miss, but in all a worthwhile approach for MA. Rafa wasn't having it. Didn't want so much youth, and so much lack of prem experience.

I think Rafa knows we are going down he will try his hardest to prevent it but theres a part of me that actually believes the hierarchy want us to go down and have been planning on it for 12 months gambling to become a yoyo club

Why else would deliberate sabotage of chances of competing seem prevalent