Rafa Benítez (now unemployed)

Greg

Would you have Rafa back?   

463 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have Rafa back?

• Yes, as manager, immediately
    • Yes, as manager, but at some point in the future (eg if relegated)
    • Yes, in an advisory or DoF role
    • No, not in any meaningful capacity

This poll is closed to new votes

Bye Rafa you deserve so much better than the thick fucking market trader and his thumb lackey

Once you go we will plummet back to where we belong and operate at and that is championship level and even then theres clubs in that division that operate far better than us

Wouldn't want to be the next manager after Rafa :lol: Talk about fighting an already lost battle. Players will be extremely unmotivated and the few decent ones will want to leave and so on.. Not that I really care, but I certainly hope it goes to shit, and I'm very certain that it will. Can't understand how Ashley and thumb cunt don't seem to understand how much money they will lose without Rafa :lol:

Its hard to see him staying if that is how he feels. I think he should just come out after the Southampton match and just say he is going to leave at the end of the season. These contract negotiations are proving to be a waste of time. The club and Benitez are miles apart in ambition and how the club should operate. That said if his desire was to win the Champions League again I don't know why he came to Newcastle in the first place even with ambitious owners its very difficult to break the top 6 consistenlty never mind competing for the Champions League. He says he is not looking £200 million to spend, but thats the sort of money you need to compete with the likes of Liverpool and Chelsea who spent £70 million on goalkeepers and that is just never going to happen at Newcastle.

It's beyond a joke now, it's fucking depressing, if when Rafa leaves the whole shit show can get to fuck, every year following this groundhog day of lies and deceit is detrimental to mental health! Why anyone would want to buy a season ticket to further induce the pain, I haven't a fucking clue. That fat fuck MA and his thumb-cuck can burn in hell.

We'll my season ticket renewal was in March, I paid for it in the hope Rafa would stay. Doesn't look like it now. The fat cunt has got my money for next season, but that'll be my last after being a season ticket holder for 28 years.

Thanks Mike you horrible fat wanker. Why the fuck did this bastard have to buy us?

Guest covmag

I wish he'd let rip and just call out the fat cunt tonight.

I've a feeling he will once we are mathematically safe, he's that sort of bloke.The time is coming.Hes off

People seem to be eating up this £50-60m plus player sales nonsense. Even Luke Edwards makes out it could be more like £100m with player sales. Nonsense on so many levels. First because when we sell players we always take them in installments, so if we sold £40m of talent we'd see about £10m of that right now at best. Then with all signings it'd inevitably include agent fees and probably wages. Our net spend on actual transfer fees will be more like £10m inevitably. I don't know how anyone could believe we're suddenly going to make a net spend of £60m on transfer fees.

People seem to be eating up this £50-60m plus player sales nonsense. Even Luke Edwards makes out it could be more like £100m with player sales. Nonsense on so many levels. First because when we sell players we always take them in installments, so if we sold £40m of talent we'd see about £10m of that right now at best. Then with all signings it'd inevitably include agent fees and probably wages. Our net spend on actual transfer fees will be more like £10m inevitably. I don't know how anyone could believe we're suddenly going to make a net spend of £60m on transfer fees.

Spot on. Benitez should have all the Mitrovic money, but this summer he will only have another £5 million from that sale to spend and it will be same if we sell Hayden and Shelvey in the summer. Selling players is kind of pointless for the club when it adds next to nothing to the managers budget.

Spot on. Benitez should have all the Mitrovic money, but this summer he will only have another £5 million from that sale to spend and it will be same if we sell Hayden and Shelvey in the summer. Selling players is kind of pointless for the club when it adds next to nothing to the managers budget.

It'd be ok if we would buy players over long installments similarly, but we don't, or very rarely do. I know the clubs idea is in the long run you'll have this ongoing income of fees, but when it inevitably leaves with a weak squad that gets relegated and then you lose £100m and wipes all of that potential profit out.

But surely if it's added every year it will make a difference. Money from Sissoko, Wijnaldum, Mitrovic, Thauvin etc, money from those players if they are being paid for over 4 or 5 years would still be going into the transfer pot for this season. Cisse and Townsend too. It could work if done properly but as we all know, we don't do anything properly. After the first year, that's the last we hear of it.

I do think this guy makes a good point that the days of managers like Benitez having complete control of how the club operates are over. That's not to say I agree with how the club is run, but hard for Benitez to find a club at the highest level where the manager have this control.

https://twitter.com/davidpick1987/status/1119501653315657728

totally misses the fucking point imo, which is that £55m and "money from player sales" is a massive con as rafa will not get who he wants when he wants them

if rafa turned round and said i'll sign tomorrow if you go and sign player x for £50m, i'll wheel and deal for the rest nothing would happen

I do think this guy makes a good point that the days of managers like Benitez having complete control of how the club operates are over. That's not to say I agree with how the club is run, but hard for Benitez to find a club at the highest level where the manager have this control.

https://twitter.com/davidpick1987/status/1119501653315657728

totally misses the f***ing point imo, which is that £55m and "money from player sales" is a massive con as rafa will not get who he wants when he wants them

if rafa turned round and said i'll sign tomorrow if you go and sign player x for £50m, i'll wheel and deal for the rest nothing would happen

I think the length of time it takes us to sign one player is what drives Benitez mad the most especially with a shorter transfer window.

it pisses me off actually, reading more posts and tweets, that people are even discussing this shit like it's legit and the club coming out and stating a figure can be treated with any degree of certainty on rafa's part

they're disgusting fucking liars, it's been proven time after time