Rafa Benítez (now unemployed)

Greg

Would you have Rafa back?   

463 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have Rafa back?

• Yes, as manager, immediately
    • Yes, as manager, but at some point in the future (eg if relegated)
    • Yes, in an advisory or DoF role
    • No, not in any meaningful capacity

This poll is closed to new votes

Got to remember that if we were to make £50m from selling players, that money would more than likely come in installments meaning we wouldn't have it all to spend.

I mean it doesn't seem to effect other clubs when it comes to spending, but who are we to question Ashley and co.

Money from Sissoko and Wijnaldum would surely be added to this summer's pot then as both were paid for over 5 years! Mitrovic I'd assume  as well.

Bet we're all just meant to forget about those deals though.

Got to remember that if we were to make £50m from selling players, that money would more than likely come in installments meaning we wouldn't have it all to spend.

I mean it doesn't seem to effect other clubs when it comes to spending, but who are we to question Ashley and co.

Money from Sissoko and Wijnaldum would surely be added to this summer's pot then as both were paid for over 5 years! Mitrovic I'd assume  as well.

Bet we're all just meant to forget about those deals though.

exactly the kind of questions those lapdog journalist that got invited to LC's press briefing should have been asking.

the chronicle is fucking woeful these days.

Guest chopey

I don't think Ashley has any desire for Rafa to stay, he costs to much money and his ambition for the club does not match Ashley's, Premier league survival is all he wants, and someone like big Sam can give him that

Guest Howaythetoon

Rafa’s not wanting to compromise again, they either agree to his plans or he walks. They are hoping he’ll just sign a new deal anyway and if he doesn’t, they lose the antagonist so it’s win win...

Guest Howaythetoon

relegation :lol:

In his eyes, any monkey could keep us up. Mind in his eyes spending 100m can relegate you ala Fulham. They are completely fucking clueless and malicious to boot.

If they wanted Rafa, he’d have signed up by now, they want him, but for free basically. They don’t want to have to give him some real money to spend, sign proper players, improve facilities. Rafa son, what do you want all that for, you’re doing a great job keeping the club up, be happy with the great season we are having. You’re being unreasonable man!

*53,000 fans cheer staying up*

Rafa has been waiting for a month for feedback. These delayed accounts are all part of the spin to backup their claims that they were willing to support Rafa after he has gone. If the teaboy thinks this has been a good season then he is even more stupid than we all think. Sadly, Rafa will not accept this and will go. And I will have to seriously ask myself if I want to continue my 35 year season ticket stretch.

I don't understand. I thought the answer to "should I give Mike Ashley more of my money?" would be an easy one to answer.

basicly rafa will be expected to perform on a shoe string budget..even 50mil hard cash dont get alot,but it wont be hard cash as we all know,the squad will end up being weaker as  a result

Hysterical? Behave man - you know who and what we’re dealing with

Just that most days we're getting no real developments, yet acting like there has been.

Lack of developments is the issue if anything - the words are the same every year reconconfirmed. My hysteria has long passed.

Guest reefatoon

The report said £100m over two seasons. That’s four transfer windows. £25m a window is gonna get you nowhere.

I don't even think its the amount thats the issue though. I think Rafa may be basicaly willing to work within a model where he has to raise the money for players from sales, but the problem is we could sell Lascelles for £30m and Rafa could identify an excellent replacement for £20m and £10m for a prospect and the club would veto the £20m player cos of lack of resale value or whatever, or just plain mess up negotiations. I think the club balking at targets is as much an issue as the amount. It seems rafa can give them a list of targets at teh start of the window, the club will make the sales to raise money but then wait all window to even try, veto half the targets as too old or too expensive, and then end up spending only a third of the apparent budget on the third choice players they could get over the line.

I don't think Ashley has any desire for Rafa to stay, he costs to much money and his ambition for the club does not match Ashley's, Premier league survival is all he wants, and someone like big Sam can give him that

Ashley's not that thick, he knows Rafa will build the foundations of the club far stronger than Fat Sam ever could. Allardyce is a short term fix, if anything he relies on buying old farts far more than Rafa. and that is the real problem for Ashley, he doesn't want to spend money on shrinking assets. That said, his own spendthrift attitude is far more important to him than Rafa, and by now he will be fed up of Rafa's demands, so he's probably prepared to lose Rafa if it will give him a manager who'll do what he's told.

As one of the posts above says, a lot of Rafa's issues aren't financial.

Get deals done early in the window.

Don't mess about with targets who could go elsewhere.

If you know player x is leaving, sell him ASAP, so that resources can be reinvested.

If you know player x is likely to leave but hasn't yet gone, don't use it as an excuse not to replace him.

Don't haggle over small amounts on key targets. Its a bigger risk NOT signing them.

Scrap the "never pay decent wedge for players over 28" rule.