Rafa Benítez (now unemployed)

Greg

Would you have Rafa back?   

463 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have Rafa back?

• Yes, as manager, immediately
    • Yes, as manager, but at some point in the future (eg if relegated)
    • Yes, in an advisory or DoF role
    • No, not in any meaningful capacity

This poll is closed to new votes

£50m plus player sales wouldn't be that bad without the stupid transfer policies hamstringing us in the market. A £30m marquee signing along with a few in the £15-20m range paid in installments would be well within reach but there's no way FMA would sanction that.

It sounds like a decent budget, but if we got £40 million from players Benitez would only be able to spend £20 million of it because it will come in instalments and we only spend what we have. I might be stupid, but I just don't get how paying up front for transfers, but accepting instalments for player sales give us an advantage it feels like it leaves us with less money to spend.

When Rafa leaves I desperately want the club I love to go to absolutely fucking shit, that its worth absolutely nothing in a few years so that parasites like Ashley don't even see the point in staying and fucking us over and over again. This is what I think will happen in a not too distant future. At least we'd have some sort of hope for change. without Rafa we wouldn't even be in the PL now.

At least this man will walk away with much love and respect from us.

When Rafa leaves I desperately want the club I love to go to absolutely fucking shit, that its worth absolutely nothing in a few years so that parasites like Ashley don't even see the point in staying and fucking us over and over again. This is what I think will happen in a not too distant future. At least we'd have some sort of hope for change. without Rafa we wouldn't even be in the PL now.

At least this man will walk away with much love and respect from us.

Once he leaves after the Fulham game and we are reduced to some yes man like Carver/McLaren this team and squad is doomed come August we go back to the days of regularly getting spanked 4 or 5 nil and would be one of the favourties for the drop immediately

Without tactical nous this squad will get raped week in week out

Just reading the report on Sky News of him and Ritchie its so blatantly obvious from his comments hes off. These utter despicable cunts we have running our club wont even speak to him and just let him clear his office and leave imo

How the fuck did we end up with imbeciles and disrespectful cunts like this man

Rafa is now in full political beast mode. The stories about offers from France, the live chat with Carragher after the match last Friday and these leaks about not hearing back from the club are all Rafa’s doing.

Ashley would have been livid with his on pitch interview after the Leicester match.

It wouldn’t surprise me if the latest we don’t need money crap from Ritchie and Lascelles is the club’s way of fighting back.

This is how pathetic things are at NUFC :lol:

What’s Captain Fantastic said now? I saw the Ritchie one but not the Lascelles one.

We know we can get better.

"That doesn’t mean by signing players, it just means by keeping on listening and learning from the manager.

"We’re still getting to know the league really, not that many players have played that much Premier League football.

"When we gain a bit more experience, we’ll get better.

"We still need to get a bit more savvy and streetwise on the pitch."

"There have been some games we’ve lost through fine margins, and it hasn’t been because of a lack of quality or work ethic.

"If we’re winning, it’s maybe been because we haven’t got the ball in the corner or committed a little foul at a crucial moment.

"When we’ve got a bit more experience of the Premier League, I think that will be a big difference.

"Everything that goes on is through the manager, and we can only thank him for what he’s done for us.

" Since he’s been here, everything’s been positive and on the rise.

"As players, he’s been massive for us."

Urgh.

Thanks Paully :thup:

I still reckon he might stay.  :lol:

Why would he stay?

Rafa is someone who wants to "do" something . . .and by that I mean "do something better".

Ashley's mentality ("I'm the BOSS and I'm THICK") means that there is now nothing for Rafa to "do" here. "Doing" is prohibited.

He will leave, he has to leave. 

They clearly won't give Rafa any guarantees which he's looking for to avoid the farce that's gone before, before he commits to a new contract. You get the impression they think he'll sign eventually no matter what. I think they'll get a shock this time.

Rafa has been waiting for a month for feedback. These delayed accounts are all part of the spin to backup their claims that they were willing to support Rafa after he has gone. If the teaboy thinks this has been a good season then he is even more stupid than we all think. Sadly, Rafa will not accept this and will go. And I will have to seriously ask myself if I want to continue my 35 year season ticket stretch.

Rafa has been waiting for a month for feedback. These delayed accounts are all part of the spin to backup their claims that they were willing to support Rafa after he has gone. If the teaboy thinks this has been a good season then he is even more stupid than we all think. Sadly, Rafa will not accept this and will go. And I will have to seriously ask myself if I want to continue my 35 year season ticket stretch.

Stop giving Ashley money in any form and encourage everyone you know to do the same. He's a parasite who's bleeding the club dry.

I really really hope that Rafa tells us before his last home game(s) in charge that he won't sign a new contract, so that we can thank him off in the best way possible.

Man! Has he delivered for us on and off the pitch. He has kept this wreck together miraculously somehow, and had everyone united and fighting as well as hoping for

better times in the future. Unfortunately the tiny bit of hope that he gave us will soon be gone. He hasn't been a Yes Man and hasn't played down the clubs potential and

told us repeatedly what we can't be or become. He knows where this football club can and should be. He's been one of our best managers, and one that would have

been willing to commit his future to us for many years to come and build something special.

I will always be thinking "i wonder what could have been"..

New poll needed, stay or go?

He's staying btw

In light of recent statements. What makes you contend this? I’m fascinated.

Gut feeling, like when he signed and when he stayed.

He'll get enough to make it worth his while, but not everything.

He's staying btw

I’m leaning that way too. £50m plus whatever he brings in for Shelvey, Ritchie, Gayle (whether it be cash or as bait for Rondon) & Murphy would give him £80-90m? He could do quite a bit with that.

He's staying btw

I’m leaning that way too. £50m plus whatever he brings in for Shelvey, Ritchie, Gayle (whether it be cash or as bait for Rondon) & Murphy would give him £80-90m? He could do quite a bit with that.

:thup:

Don't get me wrong, he's serious about walking away, but I think the board will wain enough to give him enough to start a rebuild while the club stays up for sale.

Guest chopey

Rafa has never had a budget to spend he only gets what he generates himself, this supposed budget is pure waffle so Keys and Co have an excuse to back Ashley up.

See lots of talk about 50m + player sales and blah blah. It could be 'decent' enough for Rafa, but I think the main issue will be that even IF he was to get that money he wouldn't be able to spend it how/when he sees fit. The people in charge of getting the deals over the line will haggle and haggle and refuse to pay the going rate, meaning that we'll miss out on targets as well as getting our new signings in way way too late. Rafa wants a mix of experience and youth, and get them deals done early. He won't get that.

Why the hell would Rafa get the pennies this time? Or get deals in early and so on.

Got to remember that if we were to make £50m from selling players, that money would more than likely come in installments meaning we wouldn't have it all to spend.

I mean it doesn't seem to effect other clubs when it comes to spending, but who are we to question Ashley and co.