Rafa Benítez (now unemployed)

Greg

Would you have Rafa back?   

463 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have Rafa back?

• Yes, as manager, immediately
    • Yes, as manager, but at some point in the future (eg if relegated)
    • Yes, in an advisory or DoF role
    • No, not in any meaningful capacity

This poll is closed to new votes

It will be ironic when Rafa leaves and they throw 70m at some knobhead manager and give the old, "see what Rafa could have had, he abandoned you really."

That is exactly what will happen. The main reason for it being they know the shitehawk who replaces him will actually need to spend to survive whereas they know Rafa can do it with little spend.

The funniest thing is there will still be 50k+ in August when Mick McCarthy takes over

He’d have to pay compensation for McCarthy so that’s instantly ruled out.

When Rafa leaves it will be a shortlist of gobshites either out of a job or about to be sacked.

I’ve asked his before but who would take over should Rafa leave? I assume his back room staff all have deals ending too. Would have no confidence we’d appoint anyone, however shit they’d be, quickly as they might want paying or players.

I’ve asked his before but who would take over should Rafa leave? I assume his back room staff all have deals ending too. Would have no confidence we’d appoint anyone, however shit they’d be, quickly as they might want paying or players.

I'd like Galtier from Lille but given that they will be playing CL football next season we probably couldn't lure him.

Edit: Just realised you're probably asking who would imminently take over as caretaker manager? Fuck knas, Jamaal Lascelles.

It will be ironic when Rafa leaves and they throw 70m at some knobhead manager and give the old, "see what Rafa could have had, he abandoned you really."

That is exactly what will happen. The main reason for it being they know the shitehawk who replaces him will actually need to spend to survive whereas they know Rafa can do it with little spend.

They’ll try it for long enough without then have to waste it in January when we’re in the bottom 3

I’ve asked his before but who would take over should Rafa leave? I assume his back room staff all have deals ending too. Would have no confidence we’d appoint anyone, however s*** they’d be, quickly as they might want paying or players.

Edit: Just realised you're probably asking who would imminently take over as caretaker manager?

:llorente?:

The fucking thick fucks in charge simply can't see if you back Rafa he'll make you much more money than if you don't. Fucking useless wastes of oxygen them cunts.

This is what I just can't comprehend however much I think about it. What does Ashley want from the club?

Is it purely exposure for Sports Direct, ( I can imagine that was a primary goal in the beginning), and another vehicle to move cash around in avoiding too much tax scrutiny?

I cannot believe he doesn't see the potential, and it therefore means it just doesn't interest him because the club is doing something else for him. Something which eludes us poor plebs.

The fucking thick fucks in charge simply can't see if you back Rafa he'll make you much more money than if you don't. Fucking useless wastes of oxygen them cunts.

This is what I just can't comprehend however much I think about it. What does Ashley want from the club?

Is it purely exposure for Sports Direct, ( I can imagine that was a primary goal in the beginning), and another vehicle to move cash around in avoiding too much tax scrutiny?

I cannot believe he doesn't see the potential, and it therefore means it just doesn't interest him because the club is doing something else for him. Something which eludes us poor plebs.

I think you're right we're just a vehicle for his tat empire, do enough to keep that in view and that's it for us as a club.

Guest Howaythetoon

They will keep Rafa on through gritted teeth after feeding him a pack of lies and the whole process will start again.

Nah, he wants signatures on his business plan in the way they want his signature to a contract.

Ashley would rather give Rafa 10m extra  to spend than agree and commit to his recruitment strategy model and academy/training/facilities improvement requests which Rafa would rather the club invested in the most even if it cut into any transfer spend budget.

Ashley’s idea of investing in the academy and training is to replace old and worn gym, training and IT equipment with newer equipment, extra ‘office’ space in the way of mobile cabins for academy coaches and technical assistant staff and outdoor and indoor pitch surface improvements.

Rafa wants structured dedicated coaching work shops for the coaches to work from, data rooms, physio and medical improvements and so much more... good luck with that :lol:

He’s leaving!

Guest chopey

To think that Manchester United the biggest club in the world who will probably spend 10 times our budget this year and still not win anything have a manager that couldn't tie Rafas laces and we are still prepared to let him go because of one man.

Guest reefatoon

I really hope the shit hits the fan when he does leave in the summer. All out war on the twats that run the club, but I just can't see it. It's going to carry on as normal isn't it. full houses.