Rafa Benítez (now unemployed)

Greg

Would you have Rafa back?   

463 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have Rafa back?

• Yes, as manager, immediately
    • Yes, as manager, but at some point in the future (eg if relegated)
    • Yes, in an advisory or DoF role
    • No, not in any meaningful capacity

This poll is closed to new votes

Ash knows the importance of Rafa to the club & wants to keep him otherwise he wouldn't have offered him a contract. The deal on offer is a good one & a realistic one. If Rafa's contact expires as much as I'd like to we can't blame Ashley forcing him out.

Stockholm syndrome in full effect here

Just because someone is prepared to look at things objectively means they are a shill,KBA, pro Ashley ect.

There is a contract offer on the table fact.

But

"If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through"

Just because someone is prepared to look at things objectively means they are a shill,KBA, pro Ashley ect.

But

"If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through"

what the fuck do you know about the details of the offer like?

it may even be true he's been offered the wage and £50m on paper but what hasn't he been offered that he's asked for?

the man has made the fat fucking prick hundreds of millions on a shoestring since ashley's own cuntishness saw us relegated again...he's done a remarkable job the last 3 years, just incredible, so unless he's asking for a trip to the moon he should be getting it

i don't think there's one fan looking at it thinking either the wage or the budget is the issue for Rafa, but he's spent 3 years being lied to and treated like shit but aye he should just sign up nee bother

fuck off

But

So your argument is that because there is an offer, he should simply accept it? Why on earth should he settle for a repeat of the last 2 years? His (and the club's) ambitions should be set far higher than just getting by.

You've previously called Ashley all sorts and said he's not a fit and proper owner. Why would you give him the benefit of the doubt here? It makes no sense.

No manager gets given everything now, football has changed. Rafa plays the game exceptionally well. If Rafa wants to stay there's a contract on offer, if terms and conditions & all the crap that comes with it is not acceptable then no one will blame him.

No manager gets given everything now, football has changed. Rafa plays the game exceptionally well. If Rafa wants to stay there's a contract on offer, if terms and conditions & all the crap that comes with it is not acceptable then no one will blame him.

Look, he’ll get the worst budget and conditions in the league as he has done the last two years. It’s a shite ‘contact’

But

So your argument is that because there is an offer, he should simply accept it? Why on earth should he settle for a repeat of the last 2 years? His (and the club's) ambitions should be set far higher than just getting by.

You've previously called Ashley all sorts and said he's not a fit and proper owner. Why would you give him the benefit of the doubt here? It makes no sense.

I'm not giving Ashley the benefit of the doubt, there is no doubt a contract has been offered. In my opinion there should be rules in place to stop clubs being used by owners for their own off field gains & neglecting the true purpose of a football club. I sincerely hope there is a new owner & Rafa is here for many happy years.

The news is, Ashley is going to bend over and take a fat España sausage up his arse next week. Because the go between has no sack between his legs and can never mediate between the two. This fat cock will do anything to hang onto him with renewals due.

Sit and wait, its predictable as fuck.

Rafa will get his way I have total faith.

i would very much love to know what is preventing him from signing a 1 year, what he's asked for they're not offering

hope he comes out and says what it was when it's all over as well

They’re in a game of brinkmanship.

I think Rafa is just trying to get us the best possible contractual guarantees by making Mike sweat till the last days.

Mike will then be made to have to make last ditch promises(Rondon?) to keep a man he knows guarantees him solidarity in the Premier League and keeps fans away from going for his throat.

Rafa Benitez will just be trying to get as many last ditch guarantees out of Mike before he signs I reckon.

The news is, Ashley is going to bend over and take a fat España sausage up his arse next week. Because the go between has no sack between his legs and can never mediate between the two. This fat cock will do anything to hang onto him with renewals due.

Sit and wait, its predictable as fuck.

Rafa will get his way I have total faith.

:idiot2: ;D

Rafa is massively confident in his own abilities (rightly so) with this in mind if he stays for a year he would still keep a limited squad in the league and fatty knows that, but if Rafa leaves then fatty has got no chance of finding a manager to keep us up and will loose millions if he doesn't sell.

I think Rafa not signing is his own way of trying to help push through the takeover. Fatty is getting to tipping point with his investment and if he doesn't sell or keep Rafa he is screwed.

I wouldn't be surprised if Rafa walks then is pictured with new owners a few weeks later while in the background he is working with agents, players etc lining them up to sign once the oil money rolls in.

One indication of Rafa’s decision we have is Rondon’s whereabouts. He’s reported to have told his people he’s waiting on what Rafa/NUFC do before making a decision on his own future.

That translates as, if Rafa stays Newcastle is my preference.

He hasn’t been linked with anyone else since then. Pretty sure if Rafa had made him aware he wasn’t staying with us, the wheels would be in motion for Rondon getting a move elsewhere. A lot of clubs would pay the 16m in a heartbeat.

One indication of Rafa’s decision we have is Rondon’s whereabouts. He’s reported to have told his people he’s waiting on what Rafa/NUFC do before making a decision on his own future.

That translates as, if Rafa stays Newcastle is my preference.

He hasn’t been linked with anyone else since then. Pretty sure if Rafa had made him aware he wasn’t staying with us, the wheels would be in motion for Rondon getting a move elsewhere. A lot of clubs would pay the 16m in a heartbeat.

Don’t think that’s much of a factor at all. Rondon will be focussed on the copa America just now

I fear that Caulkin's article is based on a conversation with Rafa. They have a good relationship and speak often.

The card you show in a game of brinkmanship.

I reckon Rafa is just trying get them to make one last offer of added assurances for us and will take it to the last few days to get it out of Mike.

I wouldn’t be surprised if that story of his “Interest” in a £12million a year China offer was told to the media by him.

Definitely seems a game of brinkmanship is going on.

Be frustrating if the only major disagreements were facilities and the 28+ policy. The former may as well wait another year, whilst there are many good strikers out there, not just Rondon.

Compromise can easily be made.

Be frustrating if the only major disagreements were facilities and the 28+ policy. The former may as well wait another year, whilst there are many good strikers out there, not just Rondon.

Compromise can easily be made.

This (unpopular opinion?) but yeah this.

Thanks for sticking around when you couldn’t save from the shit McClaren put us in. Thanks for performing miracles and keeping us up. Thanks for trying to get thru to Ashley and essentially wasting 3 years of your career. The fans appreciate it even if the ‘club’ doesn’t

I wish Rafa the best in the rest of his career coz let’s face it he’s gone now.