Rafa Benítez (now unemployed)

Greg

Would you have Rafa back?   

463 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have Rafa back?

• Yes, as manager, immediately
    • Yes, as manager, but at some point in the future (eg if relegated)
    • Yes, in an advisory or DoF role
    • No, not in any meaningful capacity

This poll is closed to new votes

As much as I can’t understand why Rafa won’t play Mitro, sacking Rafa would be the dumbest thing in NUFC history. Rivaling sacking Sie Bobby. Absolute nonsense even discussing it. He needs to stay.

Sacking Sir Bobby wasn't the problem, it was his replacement that was.

Liverpool got rid of Houllier and appointed Rafa whereas we brought in Souness.

I wouldn't swap him for anyone, even after a takeover.

At the end of the day Rafa is a geordie! He saw the potential of the club when it was rock bottom, and if the takeover happens it's because he's convinced others of the potential.

Guest neesy111

As much as I can’t understand why Rafa won’t play Mitro, sacking Rafa would be the dumbest thing in NUFC history. Rivaling sacking Sie Bobby. Absolute nonsense even discussing it. He needs to stay.

Sacking Sir Bobby wasn't the problem, it was his replacement that was.

Liverpool got rid of Houllier and appointed Rafa whereas we brought in Souness.

:thup:

We had just went 9 games without a win.

Ancelotti is great at managing great players. I don't think he'd do much with this squad bar maybe boost their morale a bit

Great at managing great players as well, not championship players that we have. Doubt we can get much more out of them. I honestly think with a PL standard keeper we'd be nowhere near where we are now

Aye that's what I said :lol:

Ancelotti is great at managing great players. I don't think he'd do much with this squad bar maybe boost their morale a bit

Great at managing great players as well, not championship players that we have. Doubt we can get much more out of them. I honestly think with a PL standard keeper we'd be nowhere near where we are now

Which beggars the question why get rid of Krul? Not the best but a darn sight better than the two we have.

Which beggars the question why get rid of Krul? Not the best but a darn sight better than the two we have.

Club wouldn't let Rafa bring in a decent 'keeper until Krul was off the wage ball but Krul didn't leave until the end of the window and so we missed out on our targets.

Worth noting Krul can't get in the Brighton team and he clearly isn't what he once was but he must be better than these two clowns.

Club wouldn't let Rafa bring in a decent 'keeper until Krul was off the wage ball but Krul didn't leave until the end of the window and so we missed out on our targets.

Worth noting Krul can't get in the Brighton team and he clearly isn't what he once was but he must be better than these two clowns.

Krul's played like one game in the league cup and was good in that apparently. Ryan was a big signing for them and has been good so they aren't just going to drop him for no reason

Krul's played like one game in the league cup and was good in that apparently. Ryan was a big signing for them and has been good so they aren't just going to drop him for no reason

Well time will tell if it was a mistake to get rid of Krul based on whether gets game time for Brighton

Ryan has made plenty of howlers. Dropped it in his own net a few times.

Said This yesterday, and I know he knows what he signed up for...but Honestly feel bad for Rafa that he is going up against world class peers of his like Mourinho, Wenger, Conte etc and he’s got to work with players he would never buy or only play ones he can trust. He’s so much better than this yet he still has the commitment and belief that we deserve more and he can deliver us the success we should be enjoying under him if he was just properly backed.

I don't feel that sorry for him. It's not charity work he's doing after all.

Seconded. Yes lets all feel sorry for someone earning millions of pounds and living a life of luxury.

Rafa will know that even with a decent spend in January hes more than likely not going to end up with a squad as good as the one he couldn't save from Relegation 2 years ago

This is a squad that has no Townsend,Janmaat,Wijnaldum,Sissoko,Cisse or Tiote

Theres 6 players that would instantly walk into our 11. I really don't know who people are expecting or wanting us to sign next month but we are going to need at least 6 IMO and in January that just doesn't happen