Rafa Benítez (now unemployed)

Greg

Would you have Rafa back?   

463 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have Rafa back?

• Yes, as manager, immediately
    • Yes, as manager, but at some point in the future (eg if relegated)
    • Yes, in an advisory or DoF role
    • No, not in any meaningful capacity

This poll is closed to new votes

IF Rafa stays I hope he tries to sign Mata and Hererra from Man U. Both have contracts that runs out. I think both are players that will suit us and maybe Rafa can persuade them to come here.

Get realistic man! One step at a time, not a quantum leap!! No way in a million with Ashley sanction this level of progression. Nor would they come to us unless we're at the top of the tree, in the Champions league etc....

Ok, lets settle with Colback back from loan then!

The optimism in here, man...😧

There’s absolutely no middle ground between Herrera and Colback. None.

IF Rafa stays I hope he tries to sign Mata and Hererra from Man U. Both have contracts that runs out. I think both are players that will suit us and maybe Rafa can persuade them to come here.

Get realistic man! One step at a time, not a quantum leap!! No way in a million with Ashley sanction this level of progression. Nor would they come to us unless we're at the top of the tree, in the Champions league etc....

Ok, lets settle with Colback back from loan then!

The optimism in here, man...😧

There’s absolutely no middle ground between Herrera and Colback. None.

That would be Tom Cairney then.

👀

👃

👅

Guest neesy111

We have started paying later haven’t we? Sure the Ramble said we owe £28m.

On some but not all, the club amazingly had to lend cash for the Almiron deal.

We have started paying later haven’t we? Sure the Ramble said we owe £28m.

On some but not all, the club amazingly had to lend cash for the Almiron deal.

this is what they should be doing for the entire season and deducting the interest from budget, fucking wankers, but then that would mean they'd have to spend the money

It was based on the fact that, at the first serious meeting to discuss a new deal, Benítez had made it clear he wanted to continue as manager at St James’ Park for several more years and the club had, in turn, expressed their sincere desire that they wanted to keep him.

Lol, aye ok Luke.

:thup: should be easy, should..

Offer him a one-year rolling contract or a two-year deal with break clauses. Benítez does not entirely trust the people above him and feels promises have been broken. Reassure him by providing an escape route, that he will obviously not need, because no promises are going to be broken. This does not leave them vulnerable as there can still be a compensation clause to protect the club if a rival tries to poach him while he is under contract.

for me this is key, they could solve this today by asking him to sign a 1 year with no penalty clauses...if we fuck you about you can walk

if they were acting in good faith they'd have done that already

I think letting him go will be the worst decision of the Ashley regime. Bringing in McClaren was bad but at least it had some degree of logic. Even bringing in Kinnear as DOF as a go between, kinda had some skewed logic, even though it was frankly ridiculous decision. Regardless of all the crap choices and player sales, we've genuinely got the best chance to progress now than we have had for 10 years. A calibre of manager we should be nowhere near and a squad that could be turned into the best we've had since we finished 5th. If he leaves it will signal the clubs ambition once and for all. 

:thup: should be easy, should..

Offer him a one-year rolling contract or a two-year deal with break clauses. Benítez does not entirely trust the people above him and feels promises have been broken. Reassure him by providing an escape route, that he will obviously not need, because no promises are going to be broken. This does not leave them vulnerable as there can still be a compensation clause to protect the club if a rival tries to poach him while he is under contract.

for me this is key, they could solve this today by asking him to sign a 1 year with no penalty clauses...if we fuck you about you can walk

if they were acting in good faith they'd have done that already

Absolutely. This is the issue.

They simply cannot be trusted and he knows this therefore he's trying to get the deal on terms he's prepared to work under.

If you give him £xm for fee's and wages that would be fine imho. He needs to know where he stands and also have the ability to do the deals with the budget he's got but you just know that when the deal is 99.9% done it goes to the fat lad for final sign off and he thinks he's the master deal maker and tries to fuck people over, with the other side getting the hump and then going elsewhere to do business.

I genuinely don't know why Ashley doesn't just give him the fucking budget and fuck off into the background to get it sold. Ludicrous.

I think letting him go will be the worst decision of the Ashley regime. Bringing in McClaren was bad but at least it had some degree of logic. Even bringing in Kinnear as DOF as a go between, kinda had some skewed logic, even though it was frankly ridiculous decision. Regardless of all the crap choices and player sales, we've genuinely got the best chance to progress now than we have had for 10 years. A calibre of manager we should be nowhere near and a squad that could be turned into the best we've had since we finished 5th. If he leaves it will signal the clubs ambition once and for all. 

I've only been truly conscious of NUFC matters since the late 90s but it would surely be the single most backwards and sense-defying decision in the history of the club? Aside from investing half a billion pounds on the playing squad, appointing a manager like Benitez is as close as you get to basically guaranteeing success.

Letting a world class and highly decorated manager leave, when he's performed so impeccably and has already achieved such a lot (and needs virtually no convincing to stay), would basically be a crime to sport.

I like the fact he specifically talks about wanting to compete in terms of wages with Wolves and Everton, doubt it'll stop fuckwits like Keys and Owen talking about h ow deluded Geordies expect a Man City cash injection from Mike.

I've only been truly conscious of NUFC matters since the late 90s but it would surely be the single most backwards and sense-defying decision in the history of the club? Aside from investing half a billion pounds on the playing squad, appointing a manager like Benitez is as close as you get to basically guaranteeing success.

Letting a world class and highly decorated manager leave, when he's performed so impeccably and has already achieved such a lot (and needs virtually no convincing to stay), would basically be a crime to sport.

100% Man.