Rafa Benítez (unemployed)

Greg

Would you have Rafa back?   

463 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have Rafa back?

• Yes, as manager, immediately
    • Yes, as manager, but at some point in the future (eg if relegated)
    • Yes, in an advisory or DoF role
    • No, not in any meaningful capacity

This poll is closed to new votes

"Keegan was so right to walk away from this kind of treatment. Why should he let the snakes above him in the boardroom use his name, leadership, talents, etc, to maintain the status quo whilst they screw over an entire city in their quest for greed? "

That's the best post I have seen on it. Rafa needs to go for the good of the cloob and himself. There is nothing left to fight for

Rafa is also a calculated and far less reactionary human being than the likes of Keegan. Rafa may be seething inside but he’s not going to let that impact his team’s mentality. He’s not stupid.

Guest firetotheworks

Stockholm syndrome at its finest.

Not a chance, he knows how to play the political side of things.

Sounds like he is quite content with been shafted. If mclaren or pardew said them quotes they would be crucified. Have some dignity and go Rafa. What happened to all the " Rafa won't let them take the piss" etc.

He's gave up 2 summers for nowt he's been messed around more than anyone before him

You, my friend, come across as such a reactionary moron. Can you not see the difference between Pardew and Rafa is that Pardew would be complicit in the summer we've just had, Rafa has been fighting for us. He's been energising the fan base to try to make a difference. He doesn't want to leave. He loves the club, that much is clear.

I think, deep down, he is holding on in blind hope that we will be sold. In the meantime he's just getting on with the job.

Yep. Very dissapointed in him. Been shafted and just takes it. Keep mike on the gravy train. I reckon he will sign a new deal as well and be here for another 2/3 years of this. Just been happy working miracles to finish mid table

Send him £6m to help him walk then mate.

Yep. Very dissapointed in him. Been shafted and just takes it. Keep mike on the gravy train. I reckon he will sign a new deal as well and be here for another 2/3 years of this. Just been happy working miracles to finish mid table

How is he ‘taking it’? Exactly?

Everyone expects him to walk at the end of his contract, nothing has changed.

Sounds like he is quite content with been shafted. If mclaren or pardew said them quotes they would be crucified. Have some dignity and go Rafa. What happened to all the " Rafa won't let them take the piss" etc.

He's gave up 2 summers for nowt he's been messed around more than anyone before him

You, my friend, come across as such a reactionary moron. Can you not see the difference between Pardew and Rafa is that Pardew would be complicit in the summer we've just had, Rafa has been fighting for us. He's been energising the fan base to try to make a difference. He doesn't want to leave. He loves the club, that much is clear.

I think, deep down, he is holding on in blind hope that we will be sold. In the meantime he's just getting on with the job.

The only job in hand though is to keep the man who shafted him on the gravy train for another year. That's it. Yes pardew would be complicit and Rafa gave up his summer holiday again but maybe more fool him as he hasn't learnt off last year.

He just sounds too content with what has happened. Total disgrace and he seems ok with it. There just feels nothing to get behind anymore club feels dead. I think he knows Ashley is going nowhere and I can see him signing a new deal and having a few more summer windows like we have just had. Rafa gets adored and a huge salary and uncle mike stays on the gravy train. Everyone wins but us again

Because he is still here? Sounds fairly content going off them quotes. Will he though? If he was that annoyed he would have gone by now

Because he is still here? Sounds fairly content going off them quotes. Will he though? If he was that annoyed he would have gone by now

No he wouldn’t ?

Not one person that I know of expecting him to walk before his contract ends. You’re imagining things and trying to create drama. He will leave at the end of the season, as literally eveyone expected.

Send him £6m to help him walk then mate.

Silly man who signs up to work under Ashley and agrees to have to pay 6m to quit

Shut up, He’s a smart guy, we have a game in less than 24hours and the majority of the fans get it already. He’s concentrating on the game and that’s it

No he wouldn’t ?

Not one person that I know of expecting him to walk before his contract ends. You’re imagining things and trying to create drama. He will leave at the end of the season, as literally eveyone expected.

Complete dead season then. Season starts tomorrow and there is nothing to get behind

Shut up, He’s a smart guy, we have a game in less than 24hours and the majority of the fans get it already. He’s concentrating on the game and that’s it

The game means fuck all though whilst Ashley is here why won't people grasp that

No he wouldn’t ?

Complete dead season then. Season starts tomorrow and there is nothing to get behind

Well... yes pretty much, no one is arguing with that.

The only job in hand though is to keep the man who shafted him on the gravy train for another year. That's it. Yes pardew would be complicit and Rafa gave up his summer holiday again but maybe more fool him as he hasn't learnt off last year.

He just sounds too content with what has happened. Total disgrace and he seems ok with it. There just feels nothing to get behind anymore club feels dead. I think he knows Ashley is going nowhere and I can see him signing a new deal and having a few more summer windows like we have just had. Rafa gets adored and a huge salary and uncle mike stays on the gravy train. Everyone wins but us again

That has to be the most skewed view on the situation that I've read so far. Congratulations.

Why should Rafa walk? He loves the club, loves his job. It is those above him who are accountable. Maybe he feels that the longer he is here, with the fans on his side, the more we can collectively ramp the pressure up on Ashley. Rafa knows that if he walks, the hopes of a city go with him. Some will protest, yes, but most will be thrown straight back into the apathetic mindset that came before.

Rafa is the only manager we've had in my living memory to have come out swinging for the owners whilst still working here. He's trying to change the club from the inside. He knows it's potential. But it's potential is gone if he goes.