Rafa Benítez (now unemployed)

Greg

Would you have Rafa back?   

463 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have Rafa back?

• Yes, as manager, immediately
    • Yes, as manager, but at some point in the future (eg if relegated)
    • Yes, in an advisory or DoF role
    • No, not in any meaningful capacity

This poll is closed to new votes

Guest firetotheworks

I reckon I'd probably cry if I got a letter from Rafa for my birthday, like. As undeniably sad as that is.

It’s soul-destroying to think that we’re going to lose this man in nine months due to a complete and utter wank-stain of an owner;

What's more soul destroying is knowing he is going to slip away quietly next May, Ashley will still be here and there won't be much fuss

If he left now it could be the catalyst to end Ashley as momentum is building against him now and Rafa going now would turn even the zombies. That's the only thing that is going to unite everyone against Ashley

I'd rather no Rafa and no Ashley than a year of Rafa when we know he's leaving anyway and more years of Ashley

Rafa could bring the whole thing down now if he went. He's only staying hoping for a takeover which isn't going to happen as while he is here things are mainly calm 

There was "shock" when Kevin Keegan resigned as our manager, the first time.

There was "amazement" when Sir Bobby Robson was sacked.

The word that I think will describe most of our emotions at the end of the coming season when Rafa leaves, will simply be . . "sadness".

That is what I think (I can almost feel it now).

Do you agree?

The idea that terrifies me is him walking, going to another PL club, and them giving him money and finishing top 6 or 7.

Imagine if it were West Ham....

The West Ham that have a Pellegrini?

Rafa won't walk.

The idea that terrifies me is him walking, going to another PL club, and them giving him money and finishing top 6 or 7.

Imagine if it were West Ham....

Why would that terrify you? He's a top 6 manager, he deserves the chance to perform at his own level, to make his own kind of music, not rummage through the LPs in the Spastic Society shop.

Alan Shearer speaking to Talksport:

“I do think Rafa Benitez will stick around (for the time being).

“He will stick around in the hope that one day someone might come and buy the football club…I know for a fact he realises the potential of it.

“He knows there are fifty two thousand fans who love this football club and who are crazy about football and want to have hope.

“I think it is his wish that he can give them that one day, so he will stick around BUT if nothing changes come the end of the season, that will change I’m sure.

“Nothing changes at St James Park, does it?

“Rafa is obviously angry and upset, because the owner promised him all of the funds that were generated  to spend on the team, and that hasn’t happened.

“I think at the minute it is a profit of around about £25m on transfers (this summer)…that is very difficult to keep going, when you are making a profit on transfers year in and year out, when all your rivals around you are spending big money.

“I understand Rafa’s frustrations totally, and the fans frustrations, they want to have hope.

“They work all week in Newcastle to have a good time at the weekend, spend their money, and a good time is going to St James Park and watching their team, being loyal and supportive and being encouraged and having hope.

“They don’t feel that at the minute but they have got a top manager and that will give me hope that they will avoid relegation again this year…because of him and what he did last season.”