Rafa Benítez (now unemployed)

Greg

Would you have Rafa back?   

463 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have Rafa back?

• Yes, as manager, immediately
    • Yes, as manager, but at some point in the future (eg if relegated)
    • Yes, in an advisory or DoF role
    • No, not in any meaningful capacity

This poll is closed to new votes

Guest Howaythetoon

If anyone has been to our trainig ground it looks like a tarted up old small school or youth club, Excellsior Academy has better fucking facilities. No offence to anyone whose kids go there...

It's not an easy way out and there is thousands of our fans who still don't realise what is going on. Rafa has the power to change that. The one thing that would cause United all out war on him is Rafa going now or early

In the season. I still maintain unfortunately that is the best way to cause him grief as instead of having 35% of the fanbase against him and up for causing grief and protesting it would be 80%

I'd hate to lose Rafa for the sake of hoping people joined in the protests. I'd much prefer to explore as many avenues as possible to put pressure on Ashley as a fanbase without losing the only good thing about the club in the process.

Yup, wanting Rafa gone early to ratchet up pressure is a lunatic desire. He has twelve months to play his games with Mike Ashley; why would you want to lose that opportunity for the *possibility* of his departure galvanising the support (who have thus far proved virtually immune to galvanisation)?

Rafa leaving now = Allardyce in next week, relegation in May and free-fall from there.

Rafa pressuring Ashley until May = at least some chance of positive change in Ashley's attitude.

It’s clear Rafa wants to be here long term and he only see’s that being possible if Ashley is gone. Credit to him, not many managers would identify a club as his ideal job and then force the owners out.

He brought Staveley to us, and now I think he’s doing his best to give her a fighting chance of taking over.

This really is the beginning of the end of Ashley, the big question is will Rafa run out of time to get him to sell? It’s up to us to push Ashley further out of the door in order to give us the best chance of keeping Rafa, and of course to just generally get rid of Ashley.

Imagine if Rafa turned up to the protest :lol:

An hour and a half before KO? Aye right.

What, if it was a couple of hours earlier do you think he would like?

99% sure Rafa is head of the AshleyOut group

Guest chopey

Yup

Ashley we know is a cunt and I would expect nothing less but Charnley needs run out of town for allowing this.

Yup

Ashley we know is a cunt and I would expect nothing less but Charnley needs run out of town for allowing this.

Charnley is just a puppet yes man with no self respect or levels of pride simply because the incompetent cunt knows if he was to lose his job he'd never ever get a similar position again unlike decent chairmen. The weasel is absolutely terrified of losing his job as he'd end up flipping burgers in McDonald's if he did

Guest firetotheworks

I'm not sure I believe that Rafa would be getting money if he had signed.

There's no situation in which he'd have gotten any money.

Not signed? Fine, fuck you, we're spending nothing on players.

Signed? Mug, now you're tied in, we're spending nothing on players.

If they really wanted him to sign they could just have bought the players he asked for and his signature would be on the contract by now. It's obvious bullshit.

Guest firetotheworks

A combined loss of £9.08m. Despite him making a profit of around £50m over 4 transfer windows. Ashley's stupidity really knows no bounds, he's going to lose far, far, far more once Rafa leaves.

£1.08m on Murphy, a player who massively helped us gain promotion.

Gamez was free.

£3m on Lazaar.

£5m on Sels

If they really wanted him to sign they could just have bought the players he asked for and his signature would be on the contract by now. It's obvious bullshit.

Of course they don't want him long-term - him staying necessarily means we become competitive and expectations are raised accordingly, which runs contrary to our purpose as a club that serves as one massive Sports Direct advert to a global audience.

The managerial strategy will be to continue to gamble on whichever name is available to keep us afloat, and only spend serious money if we go down. That Rafa fell into their lap was just a helpful bonus that ensured some semblance of continued (comparative) success and therefore more exposure for Sports Direct.

I would wager good money that Ashley's view is that some vaguely capable manager will always be available, with more money released the less capable they are.

Gamez was a free transfer!!!!! Transfermarkt says Lazaar was 2.57 million pounds.

Is this shite being put out there for pricks like Dennis Wise to defend the club with?

Thought Lazaar was 4/6m

There's no situation in which he'd have gotten any money.

Not signed? Fine, fuck you, we're spending nothing on players.

Signed? Mug, now you're tied in, we're spending nothing on players.

This. We all know how it would have played out if he'd signed.

And blaming Rafa for 3 "failures"... Every single team signs players that don't work out. Just such a rubbish excuse. Plus, it's not even like they cost much. We've lost money on players who cost next to nothing and were, for the most part, squad fillers.

They’re just desperately trying to find reasons for treating Benitez like absolute shit. They’re utter scum and if it wasn’t Gamez, Murphy and Lazaar they’d just find something else instead. They’re under pressure and hoping some folk swallow it. The sad thing is that a few will focus on his “mistakes” and agree, you can hear them now, ‘wey if he’s not going to sign another deal then why give him the money? Keep it for the new bloke’