Rafa Benítez (now unemployed)

Greg

Would you have Rafa back?   

463 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have Rafa back?

• Yes, as manager, immediately
    • Yes, as manager, but at some point in the future (eg if relegated)
    • Yes, in an advisory or DoF role
    • No, not in any meaningful capacity

This poll is closed to new votes

If theres an ounce of truth in that-  then its the fuck heads who didnt get Rafas first choices and made him buy alternatives that waste the money

Unfortunately he is not alone in that opinion there are certainly a few who actually believe Ashley is running the club well.

Cracking!

http://www.fourfourtwoarabia.com/premier-league-fans-middle-east-deserve-better-keys-gray/

Of course the real bete noir remains Rafa Benitez, a man whose every move seems to enrage these enemies of progress.

Despite sticking with Newcastle after relegation, leading the club to promotion at the first attempt and securing a top-half finish last season, the man who won two LaLiga titles, a Champions League and two Europa Leagues can do no right in they eyes of Newcastle owner Mike Ashley’s cronies.

“Rafa has done really well there, he’s won the fans over, they love him,” Gray said, “He’s very good at that.”

“He did that at Liverpool. Rafa as a manager, he’s very single minded – he manages for himself. Never forget that.”

The disrespect for Newcastle’s supporters is hardly disguised.

One minute Keys and Gray are claiming the fans would rather lose 5-4 than win 1-0 with Benitez’s tactics, and the next, paradoxically, that those same supporters are delusional for demanding trophies at St James’ Park.

These are the moral and linguistic gymnastics they are willing to perform for their pal Ashley to be right.

If that means insulting a thoroughly decent man and his adoring fans at the expense of their own crumbling credibility, then that’s a price they seem more than happy to pay.

So Guardiola, Klopp and Benitez are fair game; and you don’t have to look too hard to spot a pattern.

Proper Football Men like Sam Allardyce, Alan Pardew and David Moyes – when in between jobs – are, on the other hand, given a welcoming platform to spout their bitter, stereotypical and borderline xenophobic drivel.

It’s perfectly understandable that a show about the Premier League will be presented by pundits and guests with experience of English football. What’s not acceptable is that barely any thought is given to the needs of the  audience.

The millions of fans watching the Premier League across this part of the world do not care one bit about the good old days when football dinosaurs roamed across English football grounds.

We deserve better, we really do.

Next two games are huge, really need to get back to picking up points. Crucial Rafa gets it right now.

It's a problem when you get such a difficult fixture list at the start, if you don't pick up the odd win, puts us under a lot of pressure when the easier games come around. That minging performance against Cardiff pissed me off a lot more than the losses to the big teams.

The squad is just shite, i'm sorry that's all there is to it. I'm struggling to find teams in the Premier who I would be confident of beating, Leicester and Palace coming up and they are better than us man for man as well.

The squad is just shite, i'm sorry that's all there is to it. I'm struggling to find teams in the Premier who I would be confident of beating, Leicester and Palace coming up and they are better than us man for man as well.

palace have zaha and that's it like, lets not go overboard

Zaha is a pretty special player though, the type who wins games single-handed. They have that other fella called Townsend as well, they are a danger to anybody.

That's a problem, we have decent individuals in Lascelles and Shelvey but we lack a Zaha in forward areas to grab us something out of nothing. It's almost as if you have to spend a bit of money to buy that good player in forward areas who can make a difference.

Cheers Mike.

Zaha is a pretty special player though, the type who wins games single-handed. They have that other fella called Townsend as well, they are a danger to anybody.

kenedy is having a rough patch but he's a better player than townsend, for example and will likely produce much more on the pitch if he pulls himself together