Rafa Benítez (now unemployed)

Greg

Would you have Rafa back?   

463 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have Rafa back?

• Yes, as manager, immediately
    • Yes, as manager, but at some point in the future (eg if relegated)
    • Yes, in an advisory or DoF role
    • No, not in any meaningful capacity

This poll is closed to new votes

Can someone sum up what that daft wanker Owen said? I'm in too good of a mood atm.

Blah blah Ashley blah blah money blah blah no right to be near the top blah potato blah blah Ted's blah blah wife blah blah is blah blah dead.

Did I hear right as well that he wasn't bothered about not being in control of transfers??

I heard that.

He said it wasn't a problem, i.e. he's happy with his current level of control over transfers. It's the budgets and other issues he is concerned with.

I'm surprised by that I thought he was more concerned with control over transfers rather than the amount of money he has to work with. It makes more likely he will leave if that's the case.

I think that will be key to Rafa staying. In his interview on TS he acknowledges that we can't compete for the most expensive players, and states that is why we need to be getting our signings in early. I assume Rafa knows who he wants, and we've got until Jun 30th to sign them.

It's so fucking frustrating, we have this experienced top top quality manager and man who's more than willing to stay for many years and build something special. He's already laid some good foundations and built up a great team spirit and mentality within the squad. With his quality and and experience we aren't even that far away from being able to compete for "the best of the rest". Given even just decent backing and letting him do things his way I'm pretty certain that it wouldn't take very long until we're up there. He's not asking for the world yet "we" aren't willing to agree on his demands, or probably not even prepared to meet him halfway I imagine, So little needs to be done to keep him, and we can fucking afford it easily but won't. Other clubs in a similar situation would move heaven and earth to secure him, but instead we're shooting ourselves in the foot yet again and the club will implode very fast.

With that being said, why the hell am I wasting my time posting similar stuff that me and others already have posted gazillion times :lol: :(

I can't predict with any certainty what's going to happen at this stage. It seems totally unrealistic that they're every going to meet his footballing demands, but there have been other occasions where it seems nailed-on that he'd leave - yet he stayed.

Obviously you would have expected him to perhaps move-on if we got relegated in 2016, but you felt there could be a real chance after that Spurs game. It wasn't a major surprise when he decided to stay. Later, he'd have been forgiven for walking away after both summer windows but I don't think I ever felt huge concern, in either case, that he'd actually resign.

I think the most worried I've felt was after his first January transfer window in the Championship season, where he first experienced their stubbornness to go against his better judgement. It was the first time we saw him absolutely seething (I remember the interview after we drew 2-2 at home to QPR), and you really thought he might say 'thanks but no thanks.' That was when we truly learnt the extent of his desire to stay here and build something.

Really don't know what's going to happen now but we're definitely at DEFCON-2. He wants to stay but the board don't appreciate (or care about) what they have.

With a tiny bit more player investment we could turn some of those close defeats into draws and wins. Possibly protjecting us into 8th or 7th and have good cup runs.  For Ashley it's not about that.  It's about lurking in the prem league and using the club as a advertising space. Like a leach hang onto it's host.  Ashley needs to keep our aspirations in check.  As all that costs money.

With a tiny bit more player investment we could turn some of those close defeats into draws and wins. Possibly protjecting us into 8th or 7th and have good cup runs.  For Ashley it's not about that.  It's about lurking in the prem league and using the club as a advertising space. Like a leach hang onto it's host.  Ashley needs to keep our aspirations in check.  As all that costs money.

i do think ashley must be conscious of what happens in the wider sphere if rafa walks with the club swimming in PL money personally, if the media were ever going to backlash against him it'll be over this because rafa has done everything right and succeeded against the odds

Can someone sum up what that daft wanker Owen said? I'm in too good of a mood atm.

Blah blah Ashley blah blah money blah blah no right to be near the top blah potato blah blah Ted's blah blah wife blah blah is blah blah dead.

What a sketch :lol:

What a sketch :lol:

BRILLIAAANT!

Yesterday I found very bittersweet. A very good performance and a good win which should make us safe for another year, and a good indication of where he could take us.

On the other hand it was likely his penultimate home game, possibly his last home points as well.

Yesterday was exactly why I want to support this club. A club in my city, in the sun, good football, decent people around me, and a pleasing win and something to be proud of.

To think that we are on the brink of losing that, if Rafa goes it will just turn into another Pardew type scenario where we have a yes man in charge who is out of his depth, and no desire from the club to want better. I mean back then they let us surrender to the mackems a few times, actively wanted us out of the cups, and let the manager do things like headbutt opposition players and drag our name through the dirt without even considering sacking him.

Yesterday I found very bittersweet. A very good performance and a good win which should make us safe for another year, and a good indication of where he could take us.

On the other hand it was likely his penultimate home game, possibly his last home points as well.

Yesterday was exactly why I want to support this club. A club in my city, in the sun, good football, decent people around me, and a pleasing win and something to be proud of.

To think that we are on the brink of losing that, if Rafa goes it will just turn into another Pardew type scenario where we have a yes man in charge who is out of his depth, and no desire from the club to want better. I mean back then they let us surrender to the mackems a few times, actively wanted us out of the cups, and let the manager do things like headbutt opposition players and drag our name through the dirt without even considering sacking him.

Make change, shag!