Rafa Benítez (now unemployed)

Greg

Would you have Rafa back?   

463 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have Rafa back?

• Yes, as manager, immediately
    • Yes, as manager, but at some point in the future (eg if relegated)
    • Yes, in an advisory or DoF role
    • No, not in any meaningful capacity

This poll is closed to new votes

I was never comfortable with Rafa's strategy of trying to use his popularity with the supporters to squeeze concessions out of Ashley.

Well then everything has gone perfectly for you, enjoy polishing Ashley's hoop.

Feel sorry for you and don’t take this the wrong way, but apparently knowing full well the extent of Ashley’s cuntishness, why did you get drawn back in?

The arrival of a world class manager? a situation no one thought possible under the current owner?

I was never comfortable with Rafa's strategy of trying to use his popularity with the supporters to squeeze concessions out of Ashley. If you don't trust the people you're working with, then go. He's been here three years so he must know who he's working with.

The takeover has complicated things because we really need a caretaker, but there's no-one at the club to fulfil that role. So presumably we're looking at someone who is prepared to come in for what may only be a matter of weeks.

Shock, the man who's wallpaper is that photo of Mike Ashley dancing topless in a bar was upset that Rafa was saying mean things about the ownership

I was never comfortable with Rafa's strategy of trying to use his popularity with the supporters to squeeze concessions out of Ashley. If you don't trust the people you're working with, then go. He's been here three years so he must know who he's working with.

The takeover has complicated things because we really need a caretaker, but there's no-one at the club to fulfil that role. So presumably we're looking at someone who is prepared to come in for what may only be a matter of weeks.

you should be ashamed of yourself for this

Who is Dean Jones?

Football journalist with dubious credentials. Quite a few places going with the DoF thing though albeit as per previous I'm sure it won't be a proper one.

Who is Dean Jones?

Football journalist with dubious credentials. Quite a few places going with the DoF thing though albeit as per previous I'm sure it won't be a proper one.

I think you'll find he's more than that and certainly not dubious. Dean Jones is a Football Insider.

A FOOTBALL. INSIDER.

Back to the grateful dead. Kinnear, Carver, Pardew, McLaren etc all previous graduates.

Can't wait to see what fucking deadend we get next.

From a Ferrari to a Fiesta with three tyres and no steering wheel.

When will this end?

So for the next incoming 'person' will have loads to contend with:

1) you are not Rafa

2) you can only bring in one assistant/coach

3) we only want you to work with kids under 25/24yrs old

4) you are not Rafa

4) you wont have final say (or any say) on transfers

5) "your" transfer budget will be the lowest in the league

6) as soon as it's goes 'south' you're a dead man walking

7) press/fans will be all over you (goldfish bowl effect for want of a better word)

8) you're not Rafa!

9) a takeover *may* be in the pipeline at some point so probably best just to stay in a hotel

10) you will receive no real support from those above you

11) oh, and you're not one of the best managers in the world!

Anyone taking it either has balls of steel or more likely is a fucking pussy desperate for a fisting.

He needs to feel fear in respect of his ownership of the club.

If you recall when he first took us down, he wrote an open letter in the press (the S*n I think from memory) where he cried about his mistakes and about how his family had recieved threats etc and for us not to worry as he was getting rid of it and we'd be shot of him soon etc).

This clearly pacified the masses as he held on to us and consequently made a shitload of cash in the meantime.

My feeling is that he's not felt fear since.

If boycott's won't bother him then other, more aggressive approaches, might.