Rafa Benítez (now unemployed)

Greg

Would you have Rafa back?   

463 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have Rafa back?

• Yes, as manager, immediately
    • Yes, as manager, but at some point in the future (eg if relegated)
    • Yes, in an advisory or DoF role
    • No, not in any meaningful capacity

This poll is closed to new votes

Love Rafa, but I've lost a bit of respect for him, I must admit. Not that I blame him for leaving, but China ffs.

Oh well.

Why exactly, China isnt the best league in the world by any stretch of the imagination but he has a Project to take a side languishing near the bottom of the league to potential league champions.

Pretty sure the exact opposite will have went on in negotiations over there to the bullshit he has had to endure here, they probably have heaps of ambition.

Guest poor

Aye, he's gone to China for the 'project'  :lol: howay

this makes 3. do they hand out dunce caps round here ?

Is every fucker on this board ITK or "in contact" with someone who is?  :lol: :lol:

Utterly bizarre state of affairs sometimes when everyone seems to have some kind of opinion based on their own "mate who told me x,y,z"

Is every f***er on this board ITK or "in contact" with someone who is?  :lol: :lol:

Utterly bizarre state of affairs sometimes when everyone seems to have some kind of opinion based on their own "mate who told me x,y,z"

I legitimately know someone who works at St James' Park. He knows fuck all.

Who are all these new members. It can’t be coincidence they rattle off similar shite.

Mackems?

That or people who want to try to influence opinion of fans against Rafa for some reason or another. Wonder how much they get paid?

He used to prioritise a English job because he said that him working on the continent had been very hard on his family in the Wirral. Seems odd therefore to decide to get a one bedroom flat in some random Chinese city.

I'm disappointed in any notable European football figure going to China, doesn't take long for most of them to realise that it's pretty unfulfilling, football in a half empty stadium that nobody's interested in. Yeah yeah, I get it, they get paid a lot of money, because the mugs who settle for Juventus are going short.

That's sod all to do with him leaving NUFC btw. He's 100% right to tell those c***s to f*** off and it amazes me he didn't do it earlier.

Sums it up for me.

Guest Yerdas El Savon

this makes 3. do they hand out dunce caps round here ?

Top post.

Guest firetotheworks

Couldn't give a shit if he's going to China, it's completely irrelevant and changes nothing about my opinion of him at all considering he's been focused on staying here and what he wanted to do here. It's the obvious move - go for the high paying job that's been offered and move onto another job later in a year or whatever. He'll get plenty of offers. 

Money aside, stay here and endure scrapping for safety every season for Mike Ashley or go to China for an owner who is ambitious and wants to win the league?

Pretty sure I'd be off to China and adding another league title to my CV.

Guest Yerdas El Savon

Money aside, stay here and endure scrapping for safety every season for Mike Ashley or go to China for an owner who is ambitious and wants to win the league?

Or take a few months off and wait for a decent gig in a decent league...

China's a bizarre decision if there's truth in it, goes against almost everything I thought I knew about Benitez. He cares a lot about football and nobody out there gives the slightest stuff. I think he'll regret it within weeks and be back in Europe within months.

3x the money to further set his family up for life whilst getting a break from a draining PL run with MA and his cronies giving him the run around. Maybe sitting out a 1-2 years whilst dust settles in the PL so he can return?

Exactly man, I'd up and move to just about anywhere in the world for a year with the promise of £12m after tax. :lol: It'll be nothing more than a stop gap job and his kids are set for life.

Have you learnt nothing about Benítez? The guy lives and breathes football, he won’t want to sit around at home doing the shopping and watching Wimbledon.

There was nowt else around. May as well go to China and work while he waits for an opening back here.

Wait and what if nothing comes along, he's a workaholic and wants to work, football is his oxygen. And he'll put as much work in for his new club as he has for his previous ones.

You doubting him is pathetic, that opinion not you personally like.

Why wouldn't he go to China? Has he had any other offers?

I was told by someone who worked under Rafa (not inner circle but on the football side) that he’d turned Juve down. Caulkin is suggesting that Rafa knew he would be leaving for a while. I have to admit that on the face of things it’s all very strange. I can understand some of the players and fans may feel let down, Mackems will be loving it. I guess Rafa has simply had enough, good luck to him, can’t say I’m too happy that he’s going to China though. Dress it up like you want but money seems to have talked in that decision.

So, what's your point ?

Rafa made a big thing about a project and money not being a problem. I’d much preferred he’d gone to a competitive league, improved them, won trophies and shown Ashley what football is really about. I can’t believe that Rafa has gone there for the challenge or the football and that’s disappointing.

This really does put an end to hope of him coming back under a takeover,

This is really worrying,

Think we are fucked forever

Depends if there’s a release clause

Have you learnt nothing about Benítez? The guy lives and breathes football, he won’t want to sit around at home doing the shopping and watching Wimbledon.

There was nowt else around. May as well go to China and work while he waits for an opening back here.

This,  last time he was out of Management for a time he was coaching the local school team.

This really isn't good news for the takeover happening. If Benitez had any inkling that it was happening soon he would have stuck around so it really does sound like it's miles off/not happening.

And even if it's true that he has gone to China because he knows that BZG don't want him then we will be getting new owners who know fuck all about football. Great stuff.