Rafa Benítez (now unemployed)

Greg

Would you have Rafa back?   

463 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have Rafa back?

• Yes, as manager, immediately
    • Yes, as manager, but at some point in the future (eg if relegated)
    • Yes, in an advisory or DoF role
    • No, not in any meaningful capacity

This poll is closed to new votes

Why are the Chronicle obsessed with whatever drivel is spouted on TalkShite?

Hanoitoon on twitter pointed out that the Chronicle have a content partnership with TalkShite.

Talk sport for all it's shortcomings, is the only national sports radio broadcaster in this country, so there's always plenty of stories for the useless newspapers to fill up their column inches. I switch off whenever the likes of Jordan or Fat Sham come on, but they have got some decent broadcasters.

I honestly think Simon Jordan doesn’t understand football well, at-least not from a non-business point of view.

He bought place because he suddenly had loss of money to spare (thanks to his parents funding his various business adventures) and didn’t know what to do with it. By his own admission he has an ego, and that needed to be filled. I think Palace were local to him, rather than him really being a fan.

When he talks about football, he fails to get any points fans have.

If anyone listens to him regularly, they’ll know that he hates Bruce with a passion because he jumped ship to Birmingham, and he’s never passed the opportunity to knock him. Now though he’s at us, he’s gone out of his way to praise him. Our fans calling him out has really upset him, and he’s going to stop at nothing to keep having a go at us. The thing is though, if it wasn’t for him having his views on football clubs being a wallet for millionaires and backing up Ashley, he could have had some peace and it wouldn’t have provided evidence that he’s got no interest in football aside from what you can make out of it.

Has anyone known such a shit owner of a football club get so endlessly backed in the media and by the media?

He owns a big high street business in the UK, not like one of those foreign owners you see so much of nowadays. He’s one of our own. He’s also a horrific human being towards his staff. I think those are all valuable attributes in Britain 2019, at least to the PFM lads

I honestly think Simon Jordan doesn’t understand football well, at-least not from a non-business point of view.

He bought place because he suddenly had loss of money to spare (thanks to his parents funding his various business adventures) and didn’t know what to do with it. By his own admission he has an ego, and that needed to be filled. I think Palace were local to him, rather than him really being a fan.

When he talks about football, he fails to get any points fans have.

If anyone listens to him regularly, they’ll know that he hates Bruce with a passion because he jumped ship to Birmingham, and he’s never passed the opportunity to knock him. Now though he’s at us, he’s gone out of his way to praise him. Our fans calling him out has really upset him, and he’s going to stop at nothing to keep having a go at us. The thing is though, if it wasn’t for him having his views on football clubs being a wallet for millionaires and backing up Ashley, he could have had some peace and it wouldn’t have provided evidence that he’s got no interest in football aside from what you can make out of it.

Eh? He ran Palace into the ground and nearly put them out of business, it’s an absolutely fucking farce he is allowed to comment on football. He also bought their stadium under a shady company. That also went bust.

He knows even less about running a club than he does about on pitch matters. Like all on Talksport he’s an egotistical rent a gob who has many prejudices that they can’t keep a lid on.