Rafa Benítez (now unemployed)

Greg

Would you have Rafa back?   

463 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have Rafa back?

• Yes, as manager, immediately
    • Yes, as manager, but at some point in the future (eg if relegated)
    • Yes, in an advisory or DoF role
    • No, not in any meaningful capacity

This poll is closed to new votes

I actually  done this  in my head this morning  :lol: only difference was

1pt  arsenal , 3pts spurs, 1pt Leicester... I had us on 15 points lol

:lol: i think the Spurs/Arsenal game would have been a case of either draw/win. I'm basing my entire opinion on continuity of system, the atmosphere around the club if Rafa stayed, and the quality of opposition so far this season. I don't think we'd have gotten turned over by ANY of those squads and would have some classic NUFC bad luck versus Liverpool/Spurs/Leicester.

Imagine giving him this summers budget too. FML.

Place would have been BUZZING man, we'd be saying fucking hell, get us to January and give us a little push MA!

Totally agree.

Such a huge missed opportunity. Imagine being in a headspace where paying £4m for Steve Fucking Bruce was the preference to keeping Rafa and investing a bit in the infrastructure of the place.

Absolute aids.

Guest chopey

The crazy thing is that if Bruce rang rafa he would probably tell him how to perfectly play the system with his current crop

Cheers for the system mate.

Apparently yesterday was a more attacking version of it :laugh:

Steve Bruce put an “attacking twist on it” according to our local journalists.

Clearly not club PR.

The PR from his cronies in the press, Caulkin included sadly, has been putrid today. Absolutely putrid.

Clearly not club PR.

The PR from his cronies in the press, Caulkin included sadly, has been putrid today. Absolutely putrid.

Really? What (unexpected) crap did Caulkin come out with?

Clearly not club PR.

Really? What (unexpected) crap did Caulkin come out with?

He was bigging up the nice guy image and saying criticism levelled at him on social media was unfair and extreme. He didn't go full Edwards (you never go full Edwards) but it was enough to raise an eyebrow, lost a little respect for Caulkin today for shame.

Edwards doesn't understand. He's also not a supporter of the club, so further from it. Despite his job covering the club and it's supporters he still, again, does not grasp the problem.

1. Job entitles you to a top of the line Mercedes Benz for 3 years going, it's been successful. You love it. People around you love it. You can't be happier.

2. Board of Directors no longer wants to pay for that Mercedes Benz anymore, citing rising costs to keep it going and its been overly demanding on the company

3. Board of Directors replaces Mercedes Benz with a economy-class Van, citing its really what we and you need - you should be thankful for it. it is going to be exciting thing to drive!

4. Economy-class Van actually cost a decent wedge to acquire

5. Economy-class Van doesn't operate as reliable as the Mercedes and is prone to more issues more frequently

6. Economy-class Van gets you to the destination you set out for one day. You should be thanking the Board and the Van profusely for doing it's job and getting you to this specific place 1 time.

Horrendous analogy above but I had to see it through.

If we had Rafa this season and whatever players he decided to keep or not (for sake of it, assuming he kept Rondon, sold Perez and replaced him with someone else)....

3 pts v Arsenal

1 pt v Norwich

1 pts v Spurs

3 pts v Watford

0 pt v Liverpool

3 pts v Brighton

0 pt v Leceister

3 pts v Man United

14 pts total. Top 6 right now.

Yeah we always performed under Rafa, every single match /s

Bruce clearly gave Edwards a brown envelope man.

Edwards doesn't understand. He's also not a supporter of the club, so further from it. Despite his job covering the club and it's supporters he still, again, does not grasp the problem.

1. Job entitles you to a top of the line Mercedes Benz for 3 years going, it's been successful. You love it. People around you love it. You can't be happier.

2. Board of Directors no longer wants to pay for that Mercedes Benz anymore, citing rising costs to keep it going and its been overly demanding on the company

3. Board of Directors replaces Mercedes Benz with a economy-class Van, citing its really what we and you need - you should be thankful for it. it is going to be exciting thing to drive!

4. Economy-class Van actually cost a decent wedge to acquire

5. Economy-class Van doesn't operate as reliable as the Mercedes and is prone to more issues more frequently

6. Economy-class Van gets you to the destination you set out for one day. You should be thanking the Board and the Van profusely for doing it's job and getting you to this specific place 1 time.

Horrendous analogy above but I had to see it through.

:clap:

Rafa Benitez has commented on Matty Longstaff’s debut in his latest blog.

http://www.rafabenitez.com/web/in/blog/great-epl-day-and-work-progress/133/

”I was really pleased to see him scoring the winning goal for Newcastle; he was great when he was training with us”

"Surely it shouldn’t be difficult to see the benefits of investing in the Academy?”

That’s my Rafa :aww:

Unfollowed him ages ago. He's a wanker and a troll. He knows what he is doing with these tweets. He's cut from the same cloth as the likes of Richard Keys and he can fuck right off.

Fuck that bald headed noncey prick. Painfully obvious what he's doing, fucking peanut headed thumb.

Rafa Benitez has commented on Matty Longstaff’s debut in his latest blog.

http://www.rafabenitez.com/web/in/blog/great-epl-day-and-work-progress/133/

”I was really pleased to see him scoring the winning goal for Newcastle; he was great when he was training with us”

"Surely it shouldn’t be difficult to see the benefits of investing in the Academy?”

That’s my Rafa :aww:

That is excellent