Rafa Benítez (unemployed)

Greg

Would you have Rafa back?   

463 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have Rafa back?

• Yes, as manager, immediately
    • Yes, as manager, but at some point in the future (eg if relegated)
    • Yes, in an advisory or DoF role
    • No, not in any meaningful capacity

This poll is closed to new votes

44 minutes ago, LV said:

He really isn’t 

He is unfortunately. I don't think fans of any PL club would want him (which is mental when you think back to his reputation was like six years ago when we appointed him). 

Edited by buzz

If he went to Forest, I’d give him a reasonable chance of keeping them up. They’ve signed some decent enough players. Would obviously take him a while to get his methods working, and might well be too late by then, but he could definitely make them hard to beat, and they’ve got some reasonable attacking players, so you never know.

Having said that, sacking Cooper already would be fairly shite given what he’s done for them, but that’s the way it seems to go now.

I think he could keep Forest up if he took over now.

It might take him 6-8 to figure it out but he'll get there.

He'll weed out bad apples and have them training with the kids. 

I hope he takes it and succeeds. He's done in the PL at this point anyway imo. Too much negativity in the media around him.

I can see him taking the Forest Job, because it's all he's likely to get offerered.

He was a legend here and did a great job, but since he walked away, his performance and reputation has gone off a cliff edge. And clubs know it.

Unfortunately, that Forest squad is toxic and thoroughly wank. If Benitez does take the job, it'd be a sad car crash and would likely finish him as a manager.

Absolute trap of a job for him IMO.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
3 minutes ago, Danh1 said:

Buzzing! Hope he wants us to win and not them bastards!

I'll forgive him tbh, he's a legend there, and he's a decent enough man not to disrespect us either. Unlike the grinning goofball who is currently their manager.

Love him to bits like. Obviously I think Howe is brilliant but there's still a part of me that wishes it was Rafa waiting in the wings when the takeover happened. At least it all worked out. We'd be pining for him by now had we appointed Gerrard. 

1 hour ago, Yorkie said:

Love him to bits like. Obviously I think Howe is brilliant but there's still a part of me that wishes it was Rafa waiting in the wings when the takeover happened. At least it all worked out. We'd be pining for him by now had we appointed Gerrard. 

Gerrard would have been sack by now too!