Newcastle United vs. Stoke City - 16/09/17 @ 3pm (No TV)

HaydnNUFC

My 11 if fit:

Elliot

Yedlin - Lascelles - Clark - Mbemba

Merino - Shelvey

Ritchie - Perez - Atsu

Joselu

My questions are:

1. If Mbemba isn't fit, do you play Gamez at LB knowing he's going to have to cover Shaqiri? Or do you play Clark there?

2. If Clark plays LB, then you get Lejeune partnering the Captain; 2 big units at CB can

3. Is there any reason to switch Merino/Hayden pairing now that Shelvey is back based on the last 2 performances by Merino and Hayden? Does Shelvey's lack of work on the defensive end compared to Hayden minimize the contribution overall of Merino?

Obviously ton of what-ifs because these scenarios haven't happened yet due to injuries and suspensions, but curious to get some people's takes...

Reading the Oatcake we're privileged to be sharing the same grass as them what with their Champions League players and our Championship attack. Oh and being utter utter dog shite. Stokalona City

Is that why they've returned 1000 tickets.

Seems to be a common theme, other teams really think we're a pile of pony, championship fodder, they'll definitely win by x clear goals. Keep thinking like that for all I care, it gives us a solid advantage, we've already silenced 2 teams that thought they were going to steamroller us.

Clark is our best-performing defender so shouldn't be moved. Gamez doesn't look a liability so play him until he proves otherwise/Mbemba returns.

I'd like Shelvey back in the team for a home game against difficult-to-beat opposition. You can make a reasonable case for that being at either Hayden's or Perez's expense.

If we'd just got a good draw against a title contender I dare say I'd have increased optimism for the next game regardless of opposition. Those Stokie scoundrels.

On a more important note I'd lose my shit if after #handshakegatevol5 Rafa went for the Fr Ted fake hands approach with Hughes.

They're definitely better at 'keeper and CB but they've been playing Diouf and Pieters at wing back, neither of which would strike me with confidence. They've got Fletcher and Allen central, I honestly think our options there are a lot better. Attacking, Shaqiri is very talented but it'll be whether he's in the mood on the day. Jese and Moting are a bit 'meh'.

They're better overall but I really don't think by much of a margin.

I don't think we'll lose but I don't think we'll win. 1-1.

:lol: I'm not saying we're great or anything, but they're f***ing Stoke.

Man for man though, they're so much better. Keeper, full-backs, centre-backs (I know we're strong there but I'd say they're better)...all over really.

They're better yes, but we're at home and they've clearly been better at "bet365 Stadium" so far. You'd expect them to be a bit more humble.

Their team is far better than ours like, we just have a far, far better manager.

They are another West Ham IMO, their team is nowhere near as good as people think and most of their players are massively overhyped because they have been failed young talents at some point.

Which is why they underperform every year, sure the managers are shit but it's not the full story IMO. Even if Benitez was their manager i doubt they'd do that much better tbh.

He'd ballance their squad but with a couple of additions I think he'd far rather have their squad than ours like. Other than Merino and Shelvey there isn't really much in our squad that I could see making a genuine attempt at walking into more than a couple of other sides in the league. We've probably got to go down to Yedlin after that, Ritchie at a push.