Newcastle United vs. Stoke City - 16/09/17 @ 3pm (No TV)

HaydnNUFC

I'd go:

Elliott

Lascelles.  Lejeune.     

De Yedlin.                                Clark

Merino    Hayden.     

Ritchie              Shelvey          Aaron's

Joselu

Don't think Aarons will even be on the bench again, think he will probably go Atsu, but Rafa normally springs a surprise or two and that is likely to be de Yedlin and / or Shelvey !

Woulden't be disappointed if he stuck with the same team as they worked their arses off last week ! I thought Gamez could be our weakest link and the opposition certainly targeted him but he actually did really well !

Would love to see him start with that team.

Despite the fact Yedlin and Atsu are better options than Manquillo and Murphy, i'd be tempted to keep the same team that started against Swansea.  I think Murphy would respond well to getting the vote of confidence in front of the home crowd and Manquillo really grew into the game after a poor start against Swansea so he probably doesn't deserve to be dropped.  Having said that i wouldn't complain too much if either of them were as we all know Rafa loves to tinker. 

I'm not in favour of using Shelvey in an advanced midfield role like some have suggested.  He does most of his damage from a deep-lying role and simply isn't mobile enough to support the striker.  Merino doesn't look like a number 10 either and he's been brilliant in CM so why move him?  Would be a daft move IMO.  I know Perez isn't ideal at number 10 but if we're not gona try Ritchie there then he's our best option i'd say.  He might be frustrating but he does have his moments where he cleverly finds space and links the play well, he also closes down a lot which Rafa clearly wants his number 10 to do.  The rest of the team picks itself really.

A lot of people will be expecting 3 points but i've got a feeling it will be a draw for some reason, which wouldn't be the end of the world. 

The number 10 spot is our biggest problem at the moment imo.  Haven't been too impressed with Perez there but we really don't have too many options.  I don't think Shelvey would work there, he's better playing from deep and it'd be stupid to shift Merino when he's in such good form where he is.  I'm not sure Ritchie has the creativity or passing range to do well there which leaves what?  Murphy? 

We don't have anyone other than Perez to play as a 10. Nobody else in our squad is good enough in tight spaces to play that position. 

You could simply not play a 10 and have a midfield 3 of Hayden, Merino and Shelvey, but that's not Rafa's system and we'd have to defend a lot higher up the pitch for it to work.

Does anyone know a good place in Glasgow to see the game? Just moved here so any advice appreciated!

With it not being shown of tv, you wont get it anywhere other than on the internet. Welcome to the city though, where about you based?

Ahh shit didn't notice. Just moved into a flat in the west end last week, love it here already!

We don't have anyone other than Perez to play as a 10. Nobody else in our squad is good enough in tight spaces to play that position. 

You could simply not play a 10 and have a midfield 3 of Hayden, Merino and Shelvey, but that's not Rafa's system and we'd have to defend a lot higher up the pitch for it to work.

Perez is good at the closing down space but doesn't do enough with the ball. He's a tactical player for us but we could do with some creativity and goals from there