Who's going to be relegated from the Premier League? 2017/2018 edition

joeyt
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest firetotheworks

The way they've been written off this early with the players they have and having just changed their manager is really bizarre like. Even if it was February time and they were 6 points from safety I still wouldn't write them off.

Players they have :lol: they are trash man. Zaha is probably the most overrated player in the league and Townsend doesn't make them a good team.

The rest are utter garbage, the best player is probably Loftus Cheek but seeing as Hodgson won't play him that's irrelevant. I'm not sure how many games they need to lose without scoring a damn goal before people are going to realize they are s***.

We had this discussion yesterday and I made my position canny clear like. :lol:

For a start, I don't agree that they're utter trash. Zaha, Loftus-Cheek, Townsend, Benteke, Sakho are all good players. If you don't rate them, fair enough, but I rate them well above being certs for relegation. So that's that bit sorted.

You're judging them pre-Hodgson. 7 games and no goals under De Boer doesn't mean the players are trash, as you put it. Everyone knows he was attempting to get them to play a brand of football that just wasn't working out for them. Since Hodgson has come in they've beaten Chelsea and should have got a point away to us. Trash indeed.

I honestly can't be arsed beyond that tbh. :lol:

Meh they are all names to me, Sakho has been rubbish for ages, as has Benteke, already touched on Zaha and Townsend is well documented.

Their standing is way beyond their actual performances in their careers. Trash, gonna be funny when they go down with less than 25 points considering this hype tbh.

Quoted for posterity, just in case. They've comfortably got enough to stay up at the expense of the likes of Bournemouth, Swansea, Huddersfield, or Brighton. Because that's the comparison here, not whether players are overrated in the grand scheme of things or not.

While Rafa is in charge and barring calamatous sales in the winter window very little chance we go down now. He has us too organised even when playing badly. I do think there's enough quality in crystal palaces team to do much better than they are but it is a very odd mixture of players. Good manager would keep them safe but the problem is when you have such a bad start you have to do better than what you may expect to achieve. Hodgson will prolly get them organised and how he set up against us will do better against a few clubs than us. Doubt they'll escape the gravity well of the relegation zone though. All the other teams in trouble have the same or better potential to improve.

The way they've been written off this early with the players they have and having just changed their manager is really bizarre like. Even if it was February time and they were 6 points from safety I still wouldn't write them off.

Players they have [emoji38] they are trash man. Zaha is probably the most overrated player in the league and Townsend doesn't make them a good team.

The rest are utter garbage, the best player is probably Loftus Cheek but seeing as Hodgson won't play him that's irrelevant. I'm not sure how many games they need to lose without scoring a damn goal before people are going to realize they are s***.

How can you say Loftus Cheek is better than Zaha?

Quite comfortably so, Zaha as i said is one of the most overrated players around. He gets hype because he completes a few dribbles now and then but ultimately does f*** all.

Don't think i have seen such a nothing player get so much praise, on the other hand Loftus Cheek is fantastic and someone i'd love us to have.

How many wingers for poor teams got 7 goals and 9 assists last season I wonder? And this season he was injured for nearly all their bad run and first game back he scores against Chelsea

Loftus Cheek on the other hand has got zero goals and zero assists in more games. It's almost like you're talking s*** again

Aye because stats mean someone is a better player :anguish:

Loftus Cheek isn't someone who will get goals and assists, doesn't mean he's not better. He does everything else fantastically well, Zaha is someone who goes missing for 95% of a game and does a highlight clip now and again as Saturday showed.

He was a non factor after the first 15 minutes. I have watched Palace a handful of times outside of Saturday and Loftus Cheek has been their best player every single time and it's not been close.

Players they have [emoji38] they are trash man. Zaha is probably the most overrated player in the league and Townsend doesn't make them a good team.

How can you say Loftus Cheek is better than Zaha?

Quite comfortably so, Zaha as i said is one of the most overrated players around. He gets hype because he completes a few dribbles now and then but ultimately does f*** all.

Don't think i have seen such a nothing player get so much praise, on the other hand Loftus Cheek is fantastic and someone i'd love us to have.

How many wingers for poor teams got 7 goals and 9 assists last season I wonder? And this season he was injured for nearly all their bad run and first game back he scores against Chelsea

Loftus Cheek on the other hand has got zero goals and zero assists in more games. It's almost like you're talking s*** again

Aye because stats mean someone is a better player :anguish:

Loftus Cheek isn't someone who will get goals and assists, doesn't mean he's not better. He does everything else fantastically well, Zaha is someone who goes missing for 95% of a game and does a highlight clip now and again as Saturday showed.

He was a non factor after the first 15 minutes. I have watched Palace a handful of times outside of Saturday and Loftus Cheek has been their best player every single time and it's not been close.

Your point was that Zaha only looks good because he dribbles but it doesn't actually result in anything. Clearly you're wrong given the stats. He was playing as a striker Saturday ffs, were you expecting him to be getting above Lascelles for headers?

Why won't Loftus Cheek get goals and assists? He's an attacking midfielder. Oh and if he's so good at everything else how come Palace haven't scored when he's been on the pitch this season?

Guest firetotheworks

You've used nothing but stats as the reason for why they're shit. ffs Mole. :lol:

No idea why this one particular thing has got such a bee in your bonnet like. It's hardly an outlandish observation to say that Palace have better quality players than the other teams who could end up in relegation trouble, and that they could well survive. You'd think they were Derby or Sunderland level bad, when they're quite obviously not, and weren't even under De Boer.

Because look at what he does well, he's not someone who is going to be on the end of attacks. Based on his skillset i don't believe he's a natural attacking midfielder, he just plays there because Palace have fuck all else.

Although in fairness to him, the only reason he didn't have an assist against us is because Van Aanholt some how didn't tap in his goal bound pass.

You've used nothing but stats as the reason for why they're s***. ffs Mole. :lol:

No idea why this one particular thing has got such a bee in your bonnet like. It's hardly an outlandish observation to say that Palace have better quality players than the other teams who could end up in relegation trouble, and that they could well survive. You'd think they were Derby or Sunderland level bad, when they're quite obviously not, and weren't even under De Boer.

Nah i watch them play, i feel like their reputation is WAY above what they actually produce. Same goes for Stoke and West Ham players tbh, all the managers in question are utter s*** but the players they have are way overhyped.

It's almost like these players are at these clubs for a reason, i'm genuinely dumbfounded why people expect a team which have been bad for so long ( this goes further back than this season) to suddenly turn it around.

I mean before Chelsea they had no only gotten zero points but zero goals ! can't think a single team in history which people would expect certain relegation under the same scenario but there seems to be a certain confidence they'll be fine for some reason.

Based on absolutely fuck all.

Because look at what he does well, he's not someone who is going to be on the end of attacks. Based on his skillset i don't believe he's a natural attacking midfielder, he just plays there because Palace have fuck all else.

Although in fairness to him, the only reason he didn't have an assist against us is because Van Aanholt some how didn't tap in his goal bound pass.

So are you giving up on the Zaha does nothing point then?

Loftus Cheek looks decent but he's played in about 4 games where his team hasn't scored a goal.

Has there ever been a season where all three promoted clubs survived?

The first time was in Season 2000-2001. Fulham Blackburn Rovers and Bolton Wanderers were promoted and all survived.

The last time this happened was Season 2010-2011. QPR Norwich City and Swansea City were promoted and all survived.

Guest firetotheworks

You've used nothing but stats as the reason for why they're s***. ffs Mole. :lol:

Nah i watch them play, i feel like their reputation is WAY above what they actually produce. Same goes for Stoke and West Ham players tbh, all the managers in question are utter s*** but the players they have are way overhyped.

It's almost like these players are at these clubs for a reason, i'm genuinely dumbfounded why people expect a team which have been bad for so long ( this goes further back than this season) to suddenly turn it around.

I mean before Chelsea they had no only gotten zero points but zero goals ! can't think a single team in history which people would expect certain relegation under the same scenario but there seems to be a certain confidence they'll be fine for some reason.

What reputation? People are simply saying that they're not doomed to relegation and have enough quality to stay up, it's hardly saying they're good enough for a top 10 finish or something.

Being bad for so long to turn it around? They've been in the PL for 5 years, they didn't do that by getting relegated every season, so that point really makes no sense at all. We're talking about them surviving, not them not being a bad team. If you're in the relegation spots obviously something's wrong, but a manager can change that.

They have a new manager who is likely to get them playing the type of football that will reap more rewards. No idea why you're dumbfounded by something so simple.

I mean before Chelsea they had no only gotten zero points but zero goals!

You're using stats, I thought this was about you having watched them play? :lol:

Nah, it's based on watching them play. ;)

It's tough, because in the bottom half, there's little to chose between the teams.

I put Palace because their start is significantly worse than the others. Huddersfield and Brighton, because although they've begun well, promoted teams tend to run out of steam in the second half of their first season.

Because look at what he does well, he's not someone who is going to be on the end of attacks. Based on his skillset i don't believe he's a natural attacking midfielder, he just plays there because Palace have f*** all else.

Loftus Cheek looks decent but he's played in about 4 games where his team hasn't scored a goal.

Nah it's just obvious you don't agree so why push it? but if you want.... this goes back to that season he had in the Championship before Man Utd signed him and Tom Ince had a better season. :lol:

Stats don't really change my view point, there's a lot of players who get meaningless stats without actually impacting their general performance. I watch him play and 9/10 he does nothing. Townsend stats are not as good but he's a much better player and was a lot more impactful on Saturday and probably will be most of the season.

Because look at what he does well, he's not someone who is going to be on the end of attacks. Based on his skillset i don't believe he's a natural attacking midfielder, he just plays there because Palace have f*** all else.

Nah it's just obvious you don't agree so why push it? but if you want.... this goes back to that season he had in the Championship before Man Utd signed him and Tom Ince had a better season. [emoji38]

Stats don't really change my view point, there's a lot of players who get meaningless stats without actually impacting their general performance. I watch him play and 9/10 he does nothing. Townsend stats are not as good but he's a much better player and was a lot more impactful on Saturday and probably will be most of the season.

He was about 19 that year in the championship wasn't he? Again, Zaha was playing as a striker Saturday so you can't judge him on that. He's way better than Townsend. Townsend hasn't even been a guaranteed starter most of his time there

Guest Howaythetoon

It's hard to tell at this stage of the season, this could be a crazy old season at both ends and I think there will a few shocks, especially at the bottom end of the table. Even Palace don't look a doomed side despite their position and start to the season. I'd love to see the end of Stoke, WBA and Palace mind, nothing clubs who don't do anything every season other than just stay up or mid-table. Much prefer seeing Brighton and Huddersfield at least have a go.

Went for Huddersfield, Brighton, and Bournemouth. Palace have started terribly but they are only six points off 14th and nine points off 10th. As long as Zaha stays healthy and they get Benteke back I think they will ultimately be ok. I hope they go down though as this rot started with Pardew.

Whoever it is it will be an interesting season at the bottom involving several teams till at least March. Hope by the new year we’ve pulled away enough and don’t get dragged in to it. I do think a relatively big scalp will be claimed this season. Could see Everton, Leicester or West Ham go down with the help of media pressure wanting to revel in their misery.

Will piss myself if any of West Ham, Everton or Stoke got relegated.

I just don't see how Palace can stay up. Squad is way too unbalanced, and they've scored in only 1 game out of 9.

Going to be a very interesting season though, easily 10 or so teams that "could" get relegated. I hope we're clear and solidly 8th or 9th and can watch the chaos unfold.