Various: Mike Ashley in talks with Sheikh Khaled bin Zayed Al Nehayan

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Senior Director at work came in today all smug (Manure fan) saying ahh well she's not buying you! I was like sorry? he said my dentist in Milton Keynes had Amanda Staveley's husband in last week and he said not a chance she is buying the club. Yeah mate because he is going to tell the dentist all the details....ffs haha  Its like everyone hates us and hate the fact good times could be around the corner again!

Must be something about dentists.

Demtists are the middle class equivalent to taxi drivers when it comes to bullshit.

http://i.imgur.com/agq9c5H.gif

Nearly as bad as policemen

Well if we're all contributing with bits and pieces of what we've heard, I was told the following by my cousin, who is a personal friend of Murat Ulker:

While having dinner with Murat and his entourage, I asked about NUFC, and their reply was "we're going for it".

I've since asked my cousin to try to get more info.

This biscuit man? I thought he'd already ruled out any interest.

Yes it's biscuit man. I told my cousin the same which is why he said he'd ask them again.

Amanda will be there tomorrow to wrap the deal up

She may well be as Liverpool are at home to Southampton.

Just running with the theory that Staveley has used/is using NUFC to strong-arm Fenway into selling Liverpool, or to drop their pricetag from the current quoted figure of 1 billion.

Rough crunching of the numbers, minus net transfer market spend.

300m purchase, from Hicks & Gillett.

114m for the stadium expansion (As a sidepoint planning permission to further develop Anfield expires in 2019, so this is a plus for big spending investors who want to maximise commercial revenue/potential)

On top of the £414m above what is their net spend in the transfer market, during Fenway's ownership. Wonder what the projected figure/profit could be, if Staveley was able to beat them down to say 900m.

I've considered this, and the Ashley not spending in January scenario, and whilst possible I can't see it to be true. Not because of logic, as I say both things are possible, but just because of the utter dispair and heartbreak I'd feel if it is all a nasty ruse.

If he didn’t want to spend in Jan, he just wouldn’t spend. Simples. No need for the cloak & dagger, I don’t think he gives that much of a s****.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Also, if it's true that he has set Christmas deadline, as reported in some sections of the media, he can hardly use the sale or non sale as an excuse for not spending in January.

I don’t believe the Liverpool conspiracies. The owners don’t want to sell therefore they won’t give two fucks whether we get taken over or not. It’s not as though there’s even loads of noise from their fans for the current owners to go.

I think the deafening silence means something is definitely going on..... plus if it wasn’t I reckon PCP would be coming out to strongly deny it.

The only thing that’s keeping my optimism is the fact that Rafa seems clued up and is making positive noises about January ie. working on two different lists. He also seems pretty happy at the moment.

I imagine if anyone was going to be able to sniff out Ashley’s bullshit it would be Rafa.

I think the deafening silence means something is definitely going on..... plus if it wasn’t I reckon PCP would be coming out to strongly deny it.

Correct.

The silence and "no denials of the made-up leaks and rumours" from PCP, can mean only ONE thing.

A deal is in preparation.

Whether Ashley will accept it, is another matter altogether, but certainly the clear signs are that he (now) WANTS to sell.

I don’t believe the Liverpool conspiracies. The owners don’t want to sell therefore they won’t give two fucks whether we get taken over or not. It’s not as though there’s even loads of noise from their fans for the current owners to go.

The whole Liverpool conspiracy thing is just silly.  At the moment they'll be spending a five figure sum to pay a legal firm to look at our books.  That would be one hell of an elaborate ploy.

I suppose some will claim we don't really know they're doing due diligence ect, well if they weren't I'd think at least one person would say they aren't,

I don’t believe the Liverpool conspiracies. The owners don’t want to sell therefore they won’t give two f***s whether we get taken over or not. It’s not as though there’s even loads of noise from their fans for the current owners to go.

This is what I was getting at.  Doesn't make any sense yet keeps getting mentioned.

The only thing that’s keeping my optimism is the fact that Rafa seems clued up and is making positive noises about January ie. working on two different lists. He also seems pretty happy at the moment.

I imagine if anyone was going to be able to sniff out Ashley’s bullshit it would be Rafa.

Its possible this sale has been going on longer than has been made public. It certainly makes sense of Rafa staying on after the last summer transfer window.

Probably only marginally more reliable than a Daily Star exclusive, but Joey Barton on Talksport said during commentary tonight that he knows a few people who were in the director's box at OT for the match who would be ITK and as he understands it this takeover is going to happen.