Various: Mike Ashley in talks with Sheikh Khaled bin Zayed Al Nehayan

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Probably only marginally more reliable than a Daily Star exclusive, but Joey Barton on Talksport said during commentary tonight that he knows a few people who were in the director's box at OT for the match who would be ITK and as he understands it this takeover is going to happen.

Has he got a bet on?

i couldn't give a fuck what Joey thinks. Just wish that this loss today would somehow make Amanda and her team realise that the takeover must be done soon to give Rafa any chance of improving the squad in January. I know what Rafa said earlier about the supposed budget he might get for January. But even the daft cunt Ashley once had to spend big in January to save a sinking ship so hoping the new owners would be willing to provide Rafa the funds he needs in January. Surely they don't want to get the takeover completed when we look like dead certainties for relegation. Needs to happen and needs to happen fast,

Probably only marginally more reliable than a Daily Star exclusive, but Joey Barton on Talksport said during commentary tonight that he knows a few people who were in the director's box at OT for the match who would be ITK and as he understands it this takeover is going to happen.

To be fair, I’d imagine that Joey still knows a few at the club.

Maybe I’m clinging onto water, but it’s more welcome positive noise.

i couldn't give a fuck what Joey thinks. Just wish that this loss today would somehow make Amanda and her team realise that the takeover must be done soon to give Rafa any chance of improving the squad in January. I know what Rafa said earlier about the supposed budget he might get for January. But even the daft cunt Ashley once had to spend big in January to save a sinking ship so hoping the new owners would be willing to provide Rafa the funds he needs in January. Surely they don't want to get the takeover completed when we look like dead certainties for relegation. Needs to happen and needs to happen fast,

I'd rather they take their time than somehow being in a shaky position to start off with due to Ashley or like how Ashley seems to get away with not doing due diligence properly and the club/us being held accountable for it.

The total silence from the fat mans side still has me convinced that this is happening, Mike Ashley must be the only owner in recent Premier league history to own a club for ten years and still make money off it.

He also says the money won't change if we get taken over

Huh? Not watching, what's he said?

We can do nothing. Stay behind the team. They can make the difference - for the good or for the bad. Normally we would be in the bottom five so we are in a good position.

If something happens it would be better for everyone. We are looking at looking at different things. Another message: it’s not that a new owner will come and spend £100million in the transfer window, no chance.

Our money will be more or less the same. The only thing that can change is if we work right now or we have to wait a little bit, but at the moment we are working on our targets and that is it.

Just to carry on this discussion from the pre-match thread, I'm not sure these comments are particularly negative as some have suggested. If we are to be sold at all, it's never been a certainty that we'd suddenly be splashing silly money on players in January.

If anything I think Rafa's comments suggest that he's just hoping someone takes over and keeps to their word. So if there's £30m available, let him spend it without fucking around pretending they know better. Or if guaranteed TV money is coming in, allow him to spend it without saying he has to wait.

The biggest problem with Ashley has always been the unnecessary interference and ludicrous decisions. We desperately need rid of that, and if that's all any new owner brings then it's happy days IMO.

Why would they choose this game to have a go at lack of money spent? Unless we’re taken over by ultra wealthy Arabs, we're never going to spend 89 million on a single player.

I reserve that criticism for when we’re beaten by teams around us who outspent us on solid forward players.

Rafa has a solid system in place.. but needs to swap out parts for better ones.. all over the team to be honest.

Why would they choose this game to have a go at lack of money spent? Unless we’re taken over by ultra wealthy Arabs, we're never going to spend 89 million on a single player.

I reserve that criticism for when we’re beaten by teams around us who outspent us on solid forward players.

Rafa has a solid system in place.. but needs to swap out parts for better ones.. all over the team to be honest.

Agreed. Rafa wouldn't even need a ridiculous amount of money to turn this side into a decent one - a few key additions here and there and we'd make a massive jump up in ability.

The foundations are in I think.. it’s a totally different situation to maybe a 5/6 years ago when we had flair and players with an eye for goal but basically no organisation at the back.

With a bit of investment in the right places we could have a sudden upturn like what Leeds did when O’Leary added flair to George Graham’s well drilled back line.

My fear is that we’re waiting for a miracle that will never happen and January will come and go with nothing happening.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/newcastles-rafa-benitez-sounds-relegation-11544371

Absolutely pointless article with absolutely nothing in it to say Ashley would still be owner in January. I can't believe they are allowed to call themselves journalists.

"seems", "could", "set to be" with no quotes or evidence to back it up. It's an article for clicks. No doubt it's getting that.

It's by John Richardson, he's relatively close to Rafa's people (as journalists go) but doubt he knows anything about the takeover.

Is he? He's been harping on since January that Rafa wasn't happy and could leave. To me it seems like someone desperate to say "I told you so" if he left.