Various: Mike Ashley in talks with Sheikh Khaled bin Zayed Al Nehayan

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

What did he fall out with Mort about? Can't remember.

Mort left after a year as was agreed, Ashley owed him money and never paid up.

I think Mort got his money in the end (who the fucks decides not to pay a lawyer for work and expects to get away with it?), but their relationship was soured. I heard that Mort refused to represent Ashley again.

Didn't realise he had worked with Middle Eastern companies. Seems a great fit from their side

https://www.freshfields.com/en-gb/contacts/find-a-lawyer/m/mort-christopher/

Chris advises on mergers, acquisitions, stock exchange listings and generally on the issues faced by public companies.

He has worked in a wide range of sectors across numerous jurisdictions, from Middle East oil and gas companies to Palo Alto tech companies. Chris has had three client secondments during his time at Freshfields – two to investment banks and one to be Executive Chairman of Newcastle United Football Club.

Chris has been recognised as a leading lawyer by Legal 500, Chambers, Legal Experts UK and Privatisation International.

While Chairman of Newcastle United, Chris established the Newcastle United Foundation and the club received both the regional and national awards of the Prince’s Trust for its work in supporting the Trust.

In addition to his time as Chairman of Newcastle United, Chris leads our sports practice and has advised on numerous matters in the sports sector, such as the enforced changes of ownership at both Liverpool and West Ham United, CVC on its acquisition of Formula One Administration, on aspects of the London 2012 Olympic Games and numerous stakeholders (such as clubs, owners, sponsors, retailers, gaming companies and broadcasters) on their interests in the sports sector.

I liked Chris Mort. He sort of just jumped into the scene with the fans. Bought several people pints iirc.. and sang the Blaydon Races pissed :)

And then the whole thing of him walking into the boardroom in Sunderland doing the conga after we’d beaten them

I liked Chris Mort. He sort of just jumped into the scene with the fans. Bought several people pints iirc.. and sang the Blaydon Races pissed :)

And then the whole thing of him walking into the boardroom in Sunderland doing the conga after we’d beaten them

As far as Ashley 'cronies' go I didn't mind him at all, although if he had of stayed on longer we'd be hating him just as much as we did Llambias.

Page after page of sheer conjecture. There is nothing in the public domain that gives us any indication of what the asking price is, what Ashley would accept, what PCP have offered, what they might offer, and anything to do with clauses. I expect that idiot journalists, imbecilic twatters on Twitter and morons with nothing better to do might prattle on about what they think might be going on, I thought most posters on here were above this shit. Apparently not.

Page after page of sheer conjecture. There is nothing in the public domain that gives us any indication of what the asking price is, what Ashley would accept, what PCP have offered, what they might offer, and anything to do with clauses. I expect that idiot journalists, imbecilic twatters on Twitter and morons with nothing better to do might prattle on about what they think might be going on, I thought most posters on here were above this s***. Apparently not.

Technically I don't think NUFC have issued anything to the press to say they have received/knocked back any bids, so we should just treat it all as just rubbish as the press are crap ?

Don't think there's been anything official frpm PCP either so bugger! Nothing from either party so absolutely nothing is happening ?

Page after page of sheer conjecture. There is nothing in the public domain that gives us any indication of what the asking price is, what Ashley would accept, what PCP have offered, what they might offer, and anything to do with clauses. I expect that idiot journalists, imbecilic twatters on Twitter and morons with nothing better to do might prattle on about what they think might be going on, I thought most posters on here were above this shit. Apparently not.

:lol:

That Pritt stick must be getting a battering right now.

I went to work, came on here and there is another 20 pages of nothing. I hope it happens and it happens quickly, but all we really know is that Ashley is prepared to sell at the right price and PCP have made an offer. That's it. Hopefully after work tomorrow something definitive will have happened, not another thousand articles by journalists who haven't a clue what is happening.

I liked Chris Mort. He sort of just jumped into the scene with the fans. Bought several people pints iirc.. and sang the Blaydon Races p*ssed :)

Is that true?

I'd have him back to be honest. Seemed like a decent stand-up bloke.

I'm sure it was Ashley and Lambshite that did that

I went to work, came on here and there is another 20 pages of nothing. I hope it happens and it happens quickly, but all we really know is that Ashley is prepared to sell at the right price and PCP have made an offer. That's it. Hopefully after work tomorrow something definitive will have happened, not another thousand articles by journalists who haven't a clue what is happening.

This isn't a news site though, it's a public forum for open debate.

I'd suggest you stick to whatever work you do until the fat lady is singing if you have an issue with people speculating.

I liked Chris Mort. He sort of just jumped into the scene with the fans. Bought several people pints iirc.. and sang the Blaydon Races p*ssed :)

Is that true?

I'd have him back to be honest. Seemed like a decent stand-up bloke.

I remember going to the Ipswich away game the first season we got relegated and was sat next to Chris Mort in the away end.  He had already left NUFC at that point.

Guest reefatoon

I'd suggest you stick to whatever work you do until the fat lady is singing if you have an issue with people speculating.

I feel like we have all let him down really. He came back from a hard day at work, only to find us horrible chaps having a discussion. Bunch of thoughtless bastards that we are.

I feel like we have all let him down really. He came back from a hard day at work, only to find us horrible chaps having a discussion. Bunch of thoughtless bastards that we are.

No no, even worse, he checked the thread AT work. We literally ruined his working day.