Various: Mike Ashley in talks with Sheikh Khaled bin Zayed Al Nehayan

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

TBH it would be better news to get a signing announced in the coming days rather than the takeover, if it’s a decent one like Luiz on loan or the Turkish striker then it’s all but confirmed the takeover anyway.

TBH it would be better news to get a signing announced in the coming days rather than the takeover, if it’s a decent one like Luiz on loan or the Turkish striker then it’s all but confirmed the takeover anyway.

No. Just no.

My main issue with January is that it looks like it'll be down to Ashley and his clan to get things sorted before being reimbursed when a takeover is complete.

I've little faith in Charnley, Barnes et al sorting things swiftly.

When £300m cash is on the line and they have no future liability for the cost of the transfers you'll see just how quickly these cunts can make deals happen.

No. Just no.

?

No. Just no.

?

I think at this point they'd go hand in hand.

My main issue with January is that it looks like it'll be down to Ashley and his clan to get things sorted before being reimbursed when a takeover is complete.

I've little faith in Charnley, Barnes et al sorting things swiftly.

When £300m cash is on the line and they have no future liability for the cost of the transfers you'll see just how quickly these c***s can make deals happen.

Nothing would surprise me with this rabble at the helm.

The only thing is, we are running out of time re the transfer window...I thinks that's where the worry is coming from and our total lack of any form.

We aren't really as Man city proved and remember Staveley  was heavily involved there. Things can be done before everything is official.

The only thing is, we are running out of time re the transfer window...I thinks that's where the worry is coming from and our total lack of any form.

We aren't really as Man city proved and remember Staveley  was heavily involved there. Things can be done before everything is official.

Wouldn't there need to be some sort of unofficial agreement in place for that to happen? I don't really see how we can offer terms to players when the deal is still not even agreed behind the scenes. Might well be we can only go forward assuming Ashley's still the owner until that happens.

Nothing would surprise me with this rabble at the helm.

Almost nothing would surprise me with them, but this would.  They'd have nothing to gain (they wouldn't save money because it wouldn't be their money) and everything to lose (they fuck up transfers and Stavely pulls out of the deal).

Wouldn't there need to be some sort of unofficial agreement in place for that to happen? I don't really see how we can offer terms to players when the deal is still not even agreed behind the scenes. Might well be we can only go forward assuming Ashley's still the owner until that happens.

There would need to be a agreement in principle, but that could happen any moment (doesn't need any time waiting for the Premier League ect) or in fact could already be in place right now.

Yes and we still have just under a fortnight till the window opens  for that sort of agreement. It's not as if we have to wait for everything to be 100% official before we can make any moves.

With the links to Luiz and Sturridge emerging these past couple of days, I'm just hoping something is near regarding the takeover being completed and these are 'leaks' of our targets. A lot of straw clutching here but we could be discussing unheard players from the French or Belgian league or a youngster from a Spanish B side on loan but instead, we're linked to big profile players. Again, might be nothing but you never know.

Yes and we still have just under a fortnight till the window opens  for that sort of agreement. It's not as if we have to wait for everything to be 100% official before we can make any moves.

I suppose it could be done under an agreed budget, let's say for argument's sake, £30m. You could spend that on big wages and no age cap for the likes of Sturridge and Luiz, whereas normally Ashley's conditions would make that impossible.

Completely unrealistic but I would absolutely love to get Luiz, one of my favourite players (not on ability or reliability but just because I think he's class). Not sure he's exactly what we need but still, what a statement of intent.

Completely unrealistic but I would absolutely love to get Luiz, one of my favourite players (not on ability or reliability but just because I think he's class). Not sure he's exactly what we need but still, what a statement of intent.

We need anything and everything, to be honest. Whilst a striker, goalkeeper, left back and creative midfielder are essential, look further and you'll see we're poor on the wings, weak at centre back and only have an average Yedlin at right back.

Could be our Robinho signing??