Various: Mike Ashley in talks with Sheikh Khaled bin Zayed Al Nehayan

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Not worried until I hear something definite from one side or the other, the journos are just trying to get some clicks during a quiet period - everyone's still on the Chrimbo break, nothing in this at all.

Newsnow had a headline "Reliable journalist" basically debunking the Sun's report. Clicked on it...

...Lee Ryder. They're talking about Lee Ryder. A Lee Ryder Tweet :suicide:

I definitely picture Ryder, Oliver & Gibson in Thomson House 10 years ago being like Dougal, Father Ted & Father Jack.

Stalemate over £50m sounds perfectly plausible tbh what with Ashley being a massive c***.

I’ve been thinking it’s not going to happen for a couple of weeks now after initially thinking it was a cert post curry house. IMHO the price they are wanting to pay is more than fair; also the probable inclusion of the relegation clause is a no brainier bearing in mind the value of the club would be plus 100 million less if it did happen. Fat cunt is not going to change his mind and I don’t think PCP will either bearing in mind the length of due diligence they carried out. Think PCP will sit and wait to see what happens until the summer. If we are relegated they will probably revise the offer which fat cunt won’t accept and then will move onto another club. Hope I’m totally wrong but the business sense side will result in the above as they are not going to gamble on losing that much money without a justified clause. And Ashley is just a cunt which doesn’t help either.

Stalemate over £50m sounds perfectly plausible tbh what with Ashley being a massive c***.

I’ve been thinking it’s not going to happen for a couple of weeks now after initially thinking it was a cert post curry house. IMHO the price they are wanting to pay is more than fair; also the probable inclusion of the relegation clause is a no brainier bearing in mind the value of the club would be plus 100 million less if it did happen. Fat cunt is not going to change his mind and I don’t think PCP will either bearing in mind the length of due diligence they carried out. Think PCP will sit and wait to see what happens until the summer. If we are relegated they will probably revise the offer which fat cunt won’t accept and then will move onto another club. Hope I’m totally wrong but the business sense side will result in the above as they are not going to gamble on losing that much money without a justified clause. And Ashley is just a cunt which doesn’t help either.

I think it will still go through, just might need to get the relegation sorted one way or another so they can agree on a fair price.

I think we are playing a tactical game so that we don´t pay inflated transfer fees in January. I reckon it´s a done deal and as soon as Rafa signs who he wants; we will declare and everyone will live happily ever after....

I’ve been thinking it’s not going to happen for a couple of weeks now after initially thinking it was a cert post curry house. IMHO the price they are wanting to pay is more than fair; also the probable inclusion of the relegation clause is a no brainier bearing in mind the value of the club would be plus 100 million less if it did happen. Fat c*** is not going to change his mind and I don’t think PCP will either bearing in mind the length of due diligence they carried out. Think PCP will sit and wait to see what happens until the summer. If we are relegated they will probably revise the offer which fat c*** won’t accept and then will move onto another club. Hope I’m totally wrong but the business sense side will result in the above as they are not going to gamble on losing that much money without a justified clause. And Ashley is just a c*** which doesn’t help either.

I think it will still go through, just might need to get the relegation sorted one way or another so they can agree on a fair price.

I prey you’re right I’m still not convinced though as it just doesn’t make good business sense without that clause in place. Fingers crossed though :thup:

Convinced that this takeover has already happened and they’re just holding back on announcing it because there’s no way, with our current form, that Rafa remains as manager.

http://uproxx.files.wordpress.com/2017/05/stunned-jinder-fans-backlash-5.gif?w=650

To be honest, as **** as it is, I've been quite relaxed through this run of results, as the Takeover is the bigger picture. Obviously not winning games liek today is disappointing, but just got to hope takeover agreement and/or announcement is on its way soon.

Whilst there's a chance of that happening, I'll retain a bit of hope for this season.

Ashley set a 'christmas' deadline - however, the fact he hasn't pulled the plug and/or said anything about it by now, suggests that the negotiations are happening, and there is still a chance this will happen, and he will sell up.

Just got to hope that one way or another, we can bring some new players in this coming month... even just to freshen thigns up ,and maybe give soem fot he current squad something to think about.

Guest firetotheworks

As this has replaced the Ashley thread it seems most appropriate to post this here. This is just my take on things and the way in which we as fans need to stick together with a fundamental point that everyone acknowledges, but falls by the wayside when we're all once again bumping the Rafa, Joselu, Dummett etc threads - All of this, every single bit of this, is Mike Ashley's fault. That's so obvious a statement that it should be seen as patronising, but time and time again people will talk about the tactics, the signings, the team selection, the players, and now Rafa, all being partially blamed under the proviso of 'yes it's Ashley's fault but Rafa, the players etc should be doing more.' - to me that's total bollocks, you either accept that the squad is nowhere near good enough - which is down to Ashley - or you think the players are good enough and the blame lies with Rafa. I can't see how you can possibly have it both ways.

Guest Howaythetoon

As this has replaced the Ashley thread it seems most appropriate to post this here. This is just my take on things and the way in which we as fans need to stick together with a fundamental point that everyone acknowledges, but falls by the wayside when we're all once again bumping the Rafa, Joselu, Dummett etc threads - All of this, every single bit of this, is Mike Ashley's fault. That's so obvious a statement that it should be seen as patronising, but time and time again people will talk about the tactics, the signings, the team selection, the players, and now Rafa, all being partially blamed under the proviso of 'yes it's Ashley's fault but Rafa, the players etc should be doing more.' - to me that's total bollocks, you either accept that the squad is nowhere near good enough - which is down to Ashley - or you think the players are good enough and the blame lies with Rafa. I can't see how you can possibly have it both ways.

His hands are tied, but he’s doing the same with the players in many ways so what you are saying be may spot on in parts but it’s utter defeatism to lay all this on Ashley. You are in charge of your own destiny etc.

Sitting back

Surrendering possession

No urgency

Poor use of subs

Lack of movement and passing

Aimless long balls

AT HOME TO BRIGHTON!

All down to Ashley...

His hands are tied, but he’s doing the same with the players in many ways so what you are saying be may spot on in parts but it’s utter defeatism to lay all this on Ashley. You are in charge of your own destiny etc.

Sitting back

Surrendering possession

No urgency

Poor use of subs

Aimless long balls

AT HOME TO BRIGHTON!

All down to Ashley...

I would argue that those highlighted above are more down to the players than Rafa, though.

Subs, and tactics (sit deep, slow down tempo) yes, but surely he doesn't tell them to keep giving possession away, or misplace passes, or just keep hoofing it?

Guest firetotheworks

His hands are tied, but he’s doing the same with the players in many ways so what you are saying be may spot on it parts but it’s utter defeatism to lay all this on Ashley. You are in charge of your own destiny etc.

Sitting back

Surrendering possession

No urgency

Poor use of subs

Aimless long balls

All down to Ashley...

I'll give you the subs, the rest is because the players aren't good enough and we have to (in Rafa's opinion) play in a certain way to give ourselves a chance. This is a Championship squad, playing more expansive football by default with these players is complete suicide as far as I'm concerned. And again, having to play that way is down to Ashley, so although you were being facetious with that point, I actually agree that it is his fault.

Sitting back

Surrendering possession

No urgency

Poor use of subs

Aimless long balls

AT HOME TO BRIGHTON!

All down to Ashley...

Shut up your an idiot, losing at home only 1-0 to City was a masterclass. Follow the forum narrative or STFU