Various: Mike Ashley in talks with Sheikh Khaled bin Zayed Al Nehayan

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

It's time to make Ashley's position at NUFC untenable. And the only way to peacefully do that is to not show up to matches, not buy shirts, not watch on TV, not go to Sports Direct. Which is simultaneously the exact opposite to what I want for NUFC under Rafa. But that's the only peaceful option we have. He's spat in the face of everyone of us with this takeover masquerade and led us all on like we're simpletons. The man has taken absolute liberties with an entire region of this country and he cannot be allowed to continue. May his remaining path through this life be laden with gross misfortune, the detestable toad.

Exactly what I have said. But if fans really can’t bare it to not go to games then hit SD. We all know SD means more to him than NUFC. We need to take peaceful actions that will affect SD’s sales and affect the share price, that’s the only way the cunt is leaving.

Am I the only one thinking that this is just a "tactic", and that the Takeover will still happen?

Hmm, probably only me . . .

That's exactly what it looks like to me. They pressured him with the leak of an improved bid, he reacts to pressure like a toddler. To me it reads like 'pay what I want or fuck off'.

Come to think of it, the alleged motivation for the tweet was to inform the fans. A, if they cared, why wouldn't they do that officially? And B, since when did they f***ing care about the fans?

There's still life in this I reckon.

Given the language used I'd be very surprised.

I guess it’s somewhat interesting he’s said this now rather than at the end of the transfer window so he won’t have a ready made excuse as to why we haven’t bought any players. Maybe he will have to invest with no takeover looming? Financially he won’t want to be relegated for a 3rd time.... surely?

Come to think of it, the alleged motivation for the tweet was to inform the fans. A, if they cared, why wouldn't they do that officially? And B, since when did they f***ing care about the fans?

What tweet?

In December, Staveley was in the media again in connection with the mooted takeover of Newcastle, photographed with the tycoon Richard Desmond, meeting Ashley at an Indian restaurant in Hampstead. Sources close to Ashley let it be known with some indignation that that was not a scheduled business meeting with Staveley.

In fact, they said, Ashley is known to go to that restaurant with his wife regularly, and he was not expecting to have a business meeting with Staveley there. Staveley’s camp have not explained why she went to the restaurant to meet him, given that she was said by then to have made a formal offer for the club to Ashley’s appointed legal representative, Andrew Henderson of Dentons.

That's just fucking weird tbh.

It’s bullshit man. Ashley is telling these lies and everyone is fucking falling then. Why does that story come out a month later instead of the next day? Why has Ashley taken since the Liverpool game to say nothing’s been going on with PCP. Of course they have been in discussions with PCP, but that cunt either doesn’t want to seek or wants more money. Can’t believe people are honestly believing the side of the story coming from him and his media partners.

I’m not sure people believe it but it’s quite clear that the takeover won’t happen now.

Yeah it’s not happening but people are going on as though PCP are the ones in the wrong. We all know who is, the cunt just keeps crying wolf and everyone believes him until the fat cunt has lead us all the way up to the hill to find no wolf and him pushing us back down.

Oh dear  :lol:

Nothing much changes really, it's still all about staying up whether we were to be sold or not. It was too late now anyway for the incoming party to act. He now has to do all he can to help Rafa achieve safety, whatever sum that happens to be - not even for footballing reasons but for his own financial interest. A bit of respite for our great fan base from this takeover debacle is probably not a bad thing either, the players and the manager need us. :thup:

I guess it’s somewhat interesting he’s said this now rather than at the end of the transfer window so he won’t have a ready made excuse as to why we haven’t bought any players. Maybe he will have to invest with no takeover looming? Financially he won’t want to be relegated for a 3rd time.... surely?

He doesn’t give a shit man and we’re in this position for exactly that reason

Having become an expert in brinkmanship over the past eleven or so minutes, I'm convinced that this is definitely what this is. If they had the fans interests at heart (lol), they'd have announced something properly. That tweet is for Staveley, not us.

The pantilimons failed, that's perhaps the saddest part :( Have to find a new avatar now.

Don't tell anyone, afar, but we're shape-shifters and even if our avatars become dead magpies (kenedys?), we'll still be pine martins (that corrected to martinis, might not be a bad idea...) underneath. Our day will come.

Be very interesting to see if Staveley takes this lying down mind. Ashley has just humiliated her publicly really.

Yep. Pretty much said that she's a time waster which, in the business world, doesn't look good.

SUE HIS ARSE, AMANDA!

Not much she can sue him for, no official statements and even the unofficial one doesn't go into personal insults. It's pretty strong language though to say it was a "complete waste of time".

What tweet?

The Downie one, quoting a 'source close to Ashley'

Be very interesting to see if Staveley takes this lying down mind. Ashley has just humiliated her publicly really.

And accused her company of being tyre kickers. Can't see that going down too well.

Hope we get a response.