Various: Mike Ashley in talks with Sheikh Khaled bin Zayed Al Nehayan

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I think people are looking for complicated answers to something that's much more simple.

The consortium became interested when we were about 6th in the league. Since then, the results have slipped and we're a far less enticing prospect. Although PCP may have started off thinking in terms of £250m - £300m, there's no way they can risk that sum now for an asset whose value might slip to £100m (if that).

At the same time, Ashley isn't going to accept a bid of around £100m for a club whose value isn't going to go below that figure and which might easily be worth far more in a few months' time.

The idea that a deal could be struck whereby Ashley would effectively pay back part of the £300m in compensation in the event of relegation is completely unrealistic. He would be bearing the risk of relegation whilst having no say about how much was invested in the transfer window to prevent that happening.

All the signs are that if we stay up, the deal will be back on.

The deal is off man, you don't get to say what Ashley has said and still sit around the table laughing and joking before coming to deal. Before today's statement it was likely that the deal would happen if and when our safety was confirmed, now today's statement has happened then it's over.

There has not been any statement to the effect that the deal will never happen. The comment on Sky Sports was that the deal is off 'for now'.

What I think has changed is that Ashley has realised that it won't happen during this transfer window, for the reasons I've stated, and that therefore the responsibility for making any investments in the squad this January will lie with him. This is what's probably behind the other news item about him giving the go-ahead for three signings.

You don't say what he's said and come to a deal man. Sky were saying it's off for now, either they are making the whole thing up and are backtracking somewhat to save face incase the deal does go ahead, or Ashley is playing poker with cards from card against humanity thinking it's going to land him the jackpot.

If PCP desperately want the club, which I doubt, then it's still on. Literally no point hoping for it though. This is fucking terrible. People say "oh this is life as a Newcastle fan, hope builds you up before you come back down to Earth" etc etc. I can't even have hope. I've only really known an Ashley owned NUFC and it's fucking shit. Someone just kill the cunt ffs. Had no idea it was possible to hate someone this much. Genuinely hope he gets a fucking terminal illness the odious bell end.

If PCP desperately want the club, which I doubt, then it's still on. Literally no point hoping for it though. This is fucking terrible. People say "oh this is life as a Newcastle fan, hope builds you up before you come back down to Earth" etc etc. I can't even have hope. I've only really known an Ashley owned NUFC and it's fucking shit. Someone just kill the cunt ffs. Had no idea it was possible to hate someone this much. Genuinely hope he gets a fucking terminal illness the odious bell end.

Fucking hell, I feel sorry for you. Why the fuck did you start.... :facepalm:

Hypothetically speaking if you had the opportunity to kill him with no consequences for yourself would you? I mean, I like to think of myself as fairly moral but I think I would like. Him treating SD workers like s*** for years and continuing to do so even after being hauled infront of MP's would give even more justification like.

I don’t see how anything has changed. PCP submitted an offer that Ashley didn’t want to accept and that’s it.

Neither is prepared to budge a great deal so they’ll either find a compromise or PCP will walk away. That was always the case.

The only problem is now Fat Mike might up his price because of the new TV deal. PCP will probably be prepared to pay more though if our PL status is assured for next season.

Same same.

You don't see how much has changed?

The language used was pretty insulting to someone who brokers big deals for a living

People like Staveley are not in business to make friends.

I don’t actually know what language you’re referring to, but if you think an investor like Staveley would walk away from a £300m deal because someone said something a little bit mean, I’d call that a bit niaive (with all due respect).

If you had the opportunity to kill him with no consequences for yourself would you? I mean, I like to think of myself as fairly moral but I think I would like. Him treating SD workers like shit for years and continuing to do so even after being hauled infront of MP's would give even more justification like.

Absolutely. Even with consequences.

Hypothetically speaking if you had the opportunity to kill him with no consequences for yourself would you? I mean, I like to think of myself as fairly moral but I think I would like. Him treating SD workers like s*** for years and continuing to do so even after being hauled infront of MP's would give even more justification like.

Of course. Daft question.

Not sure what's going on with Craig Hope tonight. But in a Twitter to-and-fro with Caulkin, he seems to be suggesting Ashley is right to ask for a deposit off any future buyers, and now suggesting tonights developments might lead to 'a flood of new interest'.  :bs:

I don’t see how anything has changed. PCP submitted an offer that Ashley didn’t want to accept and that’s it.

Neither is prepared to budge a great deal so they’ll either find a compromise or PCP will walk away. That was always the case.

The only problem is now Fat Mike might up his price because of the new TV deal. PCP will probably be prepared to pay more though if our PL status is assured for next season.

Same same.

The language used was pretty insulting to someone who brokers big deals for a living

I don’t actually know what language you’re referring to, but if you think an investor like Staveley would walk away from a £300m deal because someone said something a little bit mean, I’d call that a bit niaive (with all due respect).

Saying she is a time waster, we’ll see how it pans out but it seems pretty inflammatory to someone who brokers big deals as an occupation

Amanda Staveley never had the money to buy the club all to herself. She’s worth a 100m at best. We'll never know the truth of what was offered but if it was a straight 250m or more Mike Ashley would have snapped her hand off. Maybe her investors got cold feet. Fuck knows.

It seems like there’s bad blood now. Highly unlikely a deal will happen between them.

I think Ashley has been strung along here. He knows this won’t happen as he thought it might so he’s thrown the toys out of the pram.

In the short term this is probably a good thing as he'll now work on protecting his asset.

Of course. Daft question.

I'd stab him in the face, burn his fucking whale carcass and piss in the ashes. Nee bother. Also, I can't fucking believe what Ashley said about the prophet, like. And those cartoons he drew. Disgraceful. Yep. Mike Ashley. Frequently user of planes. Can-not BELIEVE it. Terrible.

Same same.

Saying she is a time waster, we’ll see how it pans out but it seems pretty inflammatory to someone who brokers big deals as an occupation

Just Ashley Bantz, innit?