Various: Mike Ashley in talks with Sheikh Khaled bin Zayed Al Nehayan

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Be careful what you wish for, eh? Honestly, I'll take my chances.

Unfortunately I doubt I can ever give NUFC up but I hate being a zombie club  :(

Sick to f*** of hearing this "careful what you wish for" s*** from every fuckin pundit. It's the new " deluded Geordies"

What evidence do we have that if we go down he will sell up ?

Aye, two relegations suggests not. If anything he makes sure he protects his money by making sure we get back up first time.

Under Hughton, we comfortably had the best squad and a very good Championship manager and last season we had Rafa and a very good squad. If we go down this year, we'd have non of these benefits going into a new Championship season.

Basically, this could be the time when we find out how Ashley reacts to more than one season in the Championship.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/mike-ashley-tells-rafa-benitez-11886877

A source close to Ashley explained: “Mike feels that Amanda Staveley, who he has no problem with as an individual, has played out the attempt to take over the club in public. Most deals he has been involved in have been struck behind closed doors with the announcement arriving after they’re concluded.

“He has seen all the promises of future investment in the club from her and he knows it makes good reading. But quite simply he hasn’t seen proof that the money is in place and has effectively pulled the plug until that situation changes.”

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/mike-ashley-tells-rafa-benitez-11886877

A source close to Ashley explained: “Mike feels that Amanda Staveley, who he has no problem with as an individual, has played out the attempt to take over the club in public. Most deals he has been involved in have been struck behind closed doors with the announcement arriving after they’re concluded.

“He has seen all the promises of future investment in the club from her and he knows it makes good reading. But quite simply he hasn’t seen proof that the money is in place and has effectively pulled the plug until that situation changes.”

nowt was in the public domain. no one new anything. wtf is ashley on about man. she didint go public till he spat his dummy out.

until that situation changes

It's still on!!!  :frantic: :frantic: :frantic:

Clubs preferred media partner right?

I despise the fat c*** as much as anyone but I'd be inclined to question why it's all been so public. Watching us at SJP, the reportedly unplanned meet at the restaurant, outlining exciting plans for the club and details of the bid. Maybe she was hoping if/when the deal did collapse, there'd end up being more pressure on Ashley because everyone knows. I mean, how many takeovers are as protracted and clearly as public as this?

Nope

Nope

Ex?

Her being at the Liverpool match (which was before anything else) is the only thing you could say was overly public. Everything that came before Ashley spoke to SSN was via 'sources' and some of that was being briefed from both sides, such the infamous 'close to a deal' thing all the media came out with. Both sides told the press the same thing.

It's quite simply bollocks, as usual.

until that situation changes

It's still on!!!  :frantic: :frantic: :frantic:

Don't think it was ever fully off. They hit an impasse over christmas/early new year which was reported. Game of who blinks first. Ashley blinked publically spitting the dummy out to try and pressure them and it's backfired. Imo.

I do wonder whether all this simply comes down to proof of funds. On at least two separate occasions over the years we've heard that Ashley demands proposed buyers to put up some actual cash before taking things any further. Why he would expect this to be entertained I'm not quite sure, but if it's his way of doing things then maybe it's as simple as that. AS has submitted bids, but Ashley doesn't believe they're genuine?

But quite simply he hasn’t seen proof that the money is in place and has effectively pulled the plug until that situation changes.

:dontknow:

Low balling bids & stupid clauses were never going to be acceptable to the fat man, no matter fair or reasonable anyone thinks they may be.

I heard that Ashley's PR machine, and his goon squad, were serving glasses of Kool-Aid and sandwiches brushed with fecal paste just the other day.

That post confirms the rumor.

Edit: and his goon squad at Sky

Low balling bids & stupid clauses were never going to be acceptable to the fat man, no matter fair or reasonable anyone thinks they may be.

So in your own words a "fair or reasonable" bid is made yet she's a time waster of Barry Moat proportions because Mike Ashley doesn't have the common decency to respond? So your business experitse is essentially throw way more money over and above the valuation of the asset. No wonder the fans can't push for change, when there's still knackers who take Ashley's side.

Ashley's goon squad (in the press) must have dished up grape flavoured Kool-Aid, to wash down the s*** sandwiches. It's the tested & proven flavour used by serial bullshit artists and brainwashers.

I think Staveley, from her past record, has a genuine interest in football, and probably isn't trying to get into it just for a fast buck.

But it would stand to reason that she has difficulty in raising the funds. PCP isn't a consortium, or even a managed fund. It acts as a broker to fix deals, and I can well believe that she'd struggle to find investors to buy a business for £250m, when the value of that business might plummet to £100m or even less, based on the results of 15 football matches.

I still think this whole episode is just a stalling tactic until Ashley finds out the true value of the next TV deal so he can bump the price up a few million