Various: Mike Ashley in talks with Sheikh Khaled bin Zayed Al Nehayan

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Another advertisement to try and create a bidding war. Plus an excuse not to spend in January..... Rinse & Repeat.

So when has he acually in person been filmed on camera saying that he is hopefull a deal will be completed by January - doesn't need to say a word as previous and nobody expects him to spend. Might be a load of s*** but actually he would put more pressure on himself if it was than he would by saying f*** all.

Good point!

Afraid to get my hopes up again though.

Nether am I but it's not the same as previous and anyone who thinks it's just to avoid paying money in January is just daft - he need not have said f*** all like usual and nobody would have battered an eyelid. This actually puts him under more pressure.

Daft. :lol: It's always 'different this time' because there's always something new that makes it different. This time he's on telly lying, just like he went on telly and put himself 'under more pressure' by saying that Rafa could have 'every penny the club generates' and lied - he's a liar, he lies constantly, to managers, to players, to fans, to shareholders, to staff, to tribunals, to government committees. Him lying on telly means nothing.

When did he do that live on tv though as I said he just puts himself under pressure for no reason. May well be bullshit but for people saying it's just because of the transfer window is just daft to be honest.

It's not daft at all. He lied on TV in the summer about Rafa getting transfer funds, he lied on TV after the Staveley interview, he lied during the tribunal with Keegan, with Jonas, and in countless other situations. How many examples will it take and how many years will it take for it to not be daft to not believe a relentless, pathelogical and instinctive liar? Why would him being on telly or supposedly inviting pressure on himself when he's done it countless times before change that?

Maybe we will see but it certainly got fuck all to do with the transsfer window as he just does not give a fuck about that.

Guest firetotheworks

Another advertisement to try and create a bidding war. Plus an excuse not to spend in January..... Rinse & Repeat.

So when has he acually in person been filmed on camera saying that he is hopefull a deal will be completed by January - doesn't need to say a word as previous and nobody expects him to spend. Might be a load of s*** but actually he would put more pressure on himself if it was than he would by saying f*** all.

Good point!

Nether am I but it's not the same as previous and anyone who thinks it's just to avoid paying money in January is just daft - he need not have said f*** all like usual and nobody would have battered an eyelid. This actually puts him under more pressure.

Daft. :lol: It's always 'different this time' because there's always something new that makes it different. This time he's on telly lying, just like he went on telly and put himself 'under more pressure' by saying that Rafa could have 'every penny the club generates' and lied - he's a liar, he lies constantly, to managers, to players, to fans, to shareholders, to staff, to tribunals, to government committees. Him lying on telly means nothing.

When did he do that live on tv though as I said he just puts himself under pressure for no reason. May well be bullshit but for people saying it's just because of the transfer window is just daft to be honest.

It's not daft at all. He lied on TV in the summer about Rafa getting transfer funds, he lied on TV after the Staveley interview, he lied during the tribunal with Keegan, with Jonas, and in countless other situations. How many examples will it take and how many years will it take for it to not be daft to not believe a relentless, pathelogical and instinctive liar? Why would him being on telly or supposedly inviting pressure on himself when he's done it countless times before change that?

Maybe we will see but it certainly got f*** all to do with the transsfer window as he just does not give a f*** about that.

Yeah, he gave so little of a fuck about it that he went on SSN to specifically talk about it to KBA client David Craig (and again, lied) then KBA got his list of media goons to ramp up their defence of him when everyone started asking where the transfer funds were. Same as he had convenient excuses the summer and January before that. Howeh man, what's it going to take?

Know this is probably one for the rumour bullshit bollocks, but I was told last week that the person interested was Arthur Blank, and no not a piss take. He’s the Co-owner of Home Depot and the Atalanta Falcons.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arthur_Blank

Anyway, most likely bollocks and more lies but just thought I’d share.

We'll take some of those Atlanta United players, too.

Wonder if Matt Ryan can play the number 10 role or fullback

Good point!

Daft. [emoji38] It's always 'different this time' because there's always something new that makes it different. This time he's on telly lying, just like he went on telly and put himself 'under more pressure' by saying that Rafa could have 'every penny the club generates' and lied - he's a liar, he lies constantly, to managers, to players, to fans, to shareholders, to staff, to tribunals, to government committees. Him lying on telly means nothing.

quote]

Maybe we will see but it certainly got f*** all to do with the transsfer window as he just does not give a f*** about that.

Yeah, he gave so little of a fuck about it that he went on SSN to specifically talk about it to KBA client David Craig (and again, lied) then KBA got his list of media goons to ramp up their defence of him when everyone started asking where the transfer funds were. Same as he had convenient excuses the summer and January before that. Howeh man, what's it going to take?

For a change I'll agree to disagree with you  [emoji38] [emoji38]

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2018/12/03/mike-ashley-advanced-talks-sell-newcastle-united/

Mike Ashley has revealed he is in advanced talks to sell Newcastle United confirming rumours that have been circulating within St James’ Park for the last few days.

Telegraph Sport understands than non-disclosure agreements were signed last month and that at least one of the interested parties is wealthy enough to do the deal without complications in terms of the asking price.

However, the issue is clouded by the fact that Ashley denied he is in exclusive talks with one group. It is thought there are at least two bidders who have proven they are serious about buying the club and both are keen to maintain secrecy in order to get the deal one.

Ashley’s comments, though, have caught one of them by surprise and there is a suspicion it may be a negotiating tactic.

Former Chelsea chief executive Peyer Kenyon has been trying to attract investors in the USA in order to launch a takeover, but was believed to be struggling to raise the funds needed, while Telegraph Sport was told over the weekend that a Turkish consortium has shown a firm interest since the start of the season.

On top of that, there are claims that a “multi-billionaire” who “is not from the USA” has also made an “acceptable” bid in the last few days and is waiting to hear back from Ashley as to whether the process can continue.

Given how many times Ashley has tried to sell the club and failed, the most important thing at this stage is that those involved in the advanced talks seem to have convinced him that they have both the funds and the ambition to take the club forward after his 11-year reign has brought mainly frustrations for supporters.

Ashley, who is asking for more than £300m to sell up, confirmed after appearing in front of MPs at a parliamentary select committee looking into his retail business that he is in talks and would like to get the deal done before the January transfer window opens.

“I am hopeful – for the Newcastle fans, for the club, for everybody, that I will be able to step aside and we will be able to get an owner in that will please everybody,” Ashley told Sky News. “I'd like it to be before the January transfer window.

"[is that] Realistic? It's possible. Realistic is maybe too strong a word. Hopefully, we can carry on the good form – the just recent good form – and we can get the deal done."

When asked if he was speaking to only one party, Ashley replied: “No, but talks are at a more progressed stage than they have ever been.”

Given the timing of Ashley’s comments, supporters have inevitably reacted with scepticism, but sources have reassured Telegraph Sport that his comments on Monday night are “genuine.”

Newcastle supporters have once again organised protests this season to show their anger at the parsimonious way the club has been run by Ashley and there are plans to boycott Sunday’s game against Wolverhampton Wanderers.

However, a protest against West Ham last weekend, which saw those involved take their seats 11 minutes into the game, failed to attract the numbers needed for it to be a mass show of dissent.

The fact news of the takeover talks has been leaked just before the January transfer window has also failed to impress supporters, who feel it could turn into an excuse not to spend the money manager Rafa Benitez wants to improve his squad.

Benitez has refused to sign a new contract offered to him as he wants to see proof of the club’s ambition under Ashley.

Know this is probably one for the rumour bullshit bollocks, but I was told last week that the person interested was Arthur Blank, and no not a piss take. He’s the Co-owner of Home Depot and the Atalanta Falcons.

In talks with Newcastle United owner Mike Ashley about buying the club. Also wants to put sportsredirect signs around the ground

:spit:

Guest firetotheworks

Good point!

Daft. [emoji38] It's always 'different this time' because there's always something new that makes it different. This time he's on telly lying, just like he went on telly and put himself 'under more pressure' by saying that Rafa could have 'every penny the club generates' and lied - he's a liar, he lies constantly, to managers, to players, to fans, to shareholders, to staff, to tribunals, to government committees. Him lying on telly means nothing.

quote]

Yeah, he gave so little of a f*** about it that he went on SSN to specifically talk about it to KBA client David Craig (and again, lied) then KBA got his list of media goons to ramp up their defence of him when everyone started asking where the transfer funds were. Same as he had convenient excuses the summer and January before that. Howeh man, what's it going to take?

For a change I'll agree to disagree with you  [emoji38] [emoji38] [emoji38]

:lol: Fair enough. I'll see you on the other side with a blanket and a flask of tea.

In talks with Newcastle United owner Mike Ashley about buying the club. Also wants to put sportsredirect signs around the ground

:spit:

Looks like the guy from the Dolmio advert.  :lol: :lol:

Good point!

quote]

Yeah, he gave so little of a f*** about it that he went on SSN to specifically talk about it to KBA client David Craig (and again, lied) then KBA got his list of media goons to ramp up their defence of him when everyone started asking where the transfer funds were. Same as he had convenient excuses the summer and January before that. Howeh man, what's it going to take?

For a change I'll agree to disagree with you  [emoji38] [emoji38] [emoji38]

[emoji38] Fair enough. I'll see you on the other side with a blanket and a flask of tea.

:p :p :p

More chance of knitting fog on the Tyne, can't believe people are falling for this shit yet again. I really wouldn't put anything past Ashley in way of fucking with the fans/club for his own amusement, let alone doing it for snide business reasons. I get people 'want' to believe but c'mon, the fact he's the one going on tv breaking a non-disclosure agreement that he insisted on has to be one of the lamest ploys yet!

Arthur Blank-Cheque, they'd call him. If it wasn't bollocks.

More chance of knitting fog on the Tyne, can't believe people are falling for this shit yet again. I really wouldn't put anything past Ashley in way of fucking with the fans/club for his own amusement, let alone doing it for snide business reasons. I get people 'want' to believe but c'mon, the fact he's the one going on tv breaking a non-disclosure agreement that he insisted on has to be one of the lamest ploys yet!

I don't think an NDA means what you think it means.