Various: Mike Ashley in talks with Sheikh Khaled bin Zayed Al Nehayan

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

It feels like the direction Newcastle go in now hinges on what they allow Benítez to do next month. Whether they crash and burn. If he leaves, you’d probably be talking about the biggest reduction in gates since everybody’s dad stopped going when they sold Malcolm Macdonald. Benítez is our SuperMac. Newcastle would be knackered for a long, long time.”

Honestly don't know why smart people keep saying this. Clueless.

Last home game during SuperMac ere - 24,897

First home game after SurperMac era - 35,927

It feels like the direction Newcastle go in now hinges on what they allow Benítez to do next month. Whether they crash and burn. If he leaves, you’d probably be talking about the biggest reduction in gates since everybody’s dad stopped going when they sold Malcolm Macdonald. Benítez is our SuperMac. Newcastle would be knackered for a long, long time.”

:lol:

Guest firetotheworks

Not that it would surprise me if it made no difference, but what's the average attendances for each season?

Not that it would surprise me if it made no difference, but what's the average attendances for each season?

It's just off .com on a game by game so I can't tell. Doesn't look any in that season were as low as the 24,897. So aye, weapons grade faecal matter. Finished way higher which I assume helped. Fairweather fuckers.

https://www.nufc.com/html/1975-76.html

https://www.nufc.com/html/1976-77.html

There is nothing that would wake up the general fanbase from their slumber that would see gates drop significantly or protests ramped up in huge numbers, not Rafa leaving or another relegation. Not long-term anyway.

I reckon permanent relegation would do it.

As long as the TV money keeps rolling in, he'll be happy. If he could get a Pardew or an Alardyce who could get this turboshit squad to finish 17th, he'd get them in tomorrow. As far as he's concerned, Rafa is an expensive luxury.

Is there such a manager though? It’s a monumental task to keep this squad in the PL.

As long as the TV money keeps rolling in, he'll be happy. If he could get a Pardew or an Alardyce who could get this turboshit squad to finish 17th, he'd get them in tomorrow. As far as he's concerned, Rafa is an expensive luxury.

Is there such a manager though? It’s a monumental task to keep this squad in the PL.

There are a few, but we are never going to do better than Rafa in our current state.  Which puts the FCB in a bit of a quandary.

Either keep Rafa happy and stay up, or continue to be a total cunt, Rafa goes and the club goes down and doesn't come back up.

Rafa's doing massively well keeping this squad out of the relegation zone. If he goes and we get another bell end like Pardew, we are fucked.

Maybe that's why the FCB fabricated this takeover shit to try and stall Rafa until at least the summer.

I’d argue the opposite to be honest. Rafa is paid a lot of money but whilst he’s in the dugout then the squad, regardless of how poor they are, stands a decent chance of survival. He’s simply that good. An extra £3m a year to Rafa or an extra £30m or so on better players under an inferior manager?

Rafa is worth his weight in gold to a cunt like Ashley.

Guest Howaythetoon

There is nothing that would wake up the general fanbase from their slumber that would see gates drop significantly or protests ramped up in huge numbers, not Rafa leaving or another relegation. Not long-term anyway.

It would knock 20k off the gates, but I think Ashley if he just wanted to, could sit on NUFC plodding away with gates of 30k in the Championship every year without effecting him at all really.

Thinking about it, it’s actually been quite easy for him to keep the club in the Premier League and the two times the club have went down, it’s been just as easy to come back up.

If in 10 years time the history books show a similar decade to the one just passed under Ashley, it wouldn’t surprise me. Such a decade is much more likely when 53k mugs keep turning up every other week happy just to survive of course. It makes such things much more possible in every sense...

Guest Howaythetoon

I don’t think there is any manager out there who at the start of last season with that squad and 38 games would have kept the club up and I don’t think there is a manager out there who would do the same this season either.

I do think somoene like Big Sam coming in half-way into a season could keep us up and maybe even a Pardew.

But Rafa guarantees it every season and he guarantees progress every season as well, if not in points total or league position, in other areas like team development, player development and tactics.

A Dyche has done a great job at Burnley, but he doesn’t have the skill set to sustain things in the way Rafa can and will eventually have to throw money at things just to keep their heads above water and even then it may just prolong the inevitable and just as likely to make no difference.

Rafa could get the same budget every season and he will find away. Managers like Pardew eventually get found out and no matter how big the budget, quality of players or anything else will prevent the enevitable.

The enivitable with Rafa is he will leave because he’s too good for us.

He’s proved beyond doubt he’s a great manager and what we’ve seen under him is a master class in coaching, tactics and finding a way based on his own abilities and nothing else because he’s had fuck all to spend, has no real top players and has been the under dog from day one.

Yeah I like GC but that’s a pretty basic mistake to make. You can’t compare that era at all as crowds in general over the next few years across British football were on the decline.

And yet people still call him out for tactics and subs, smh. The man is truly a genius and a gentleman to boot, no one I'd rather have in our dugout now or for the foreseeable future.

Edit: NPW

Granted he doesn't have the best squad to work with, are you seriously saying he should never be criticised if someone thinks he's made a mistake ?

And yet people still call him out for tactics and subs, smh. The man is truly a genius and a gentleman to boot, no one I'd rather have in our dugout now or for the foreseeable future.

Edit: NPW

Granted he doesn't have the best squad to work with, are you seriously saying he should never be criticised if someone thinks he's made a mistake ?

Not at all, but a sense of perspective wouldn't go amiss.

What does that mean? Banned from the league? Or do you mean permanent as in “a long time”?