Various: Mike Ashley in talks with Sheikh Khaled bin Zayed Al Nehayan

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

‘SomeoneWhoKnowsKenyonsMatesFanInPeace’ says......

Haway toons, as the biggest club in the land with the biggest and bestest fans, just wanted to say the sale is legit and yous are gonna be mega rich. Gud luck for the rest of the season, really hope you win the league.

I’m not convinced about the whole Kenyon thing. Is he just using the publicity to further his interest somewhere else?

He’s basically been heavily involved in China for the last few years, so it would make more sense if a consortium came from there rather than the US.

Whatever happens, the wind has firmly been taken out of the #BoycottWolves sails so it’s been mission accomplished by Keith Bishop.

Reckon this is a smokescreen, then?

Not necessarily a smokescreen, just similar to Staveley. She never had the money to get the deal done so why did she bother? She sort of operates in the same sphere as Kenyon in that he plays with other people’s money. Having your name in the news can be quite a positive thing in that regard. Out of sight out of mind.

How would Ashley benefit from this dominating the news?? That’s far easier to work out.

Kenyon is never gonna come out and say “I actually don’t have a pot to piss in” so he’s never going to deny the rumours. (Which Ashley/Bishop started)

Are we doing a sweepstake on when the 'talks' turn out to be bullshit?

My bet is on the 24th when no-one will take any notice because it's nearly Xmas.

Nah, this has got to go to the end of January to explain our zero net spend. No point it being busted before then.

I’m not convinced about the whole Kenyon thing. Is he just using the publicity to further his interest somewhere else?

He’s basically been heavily involved in China for the last few years, so it would make more sense if a consortium came from there rather than the US.

Whatever happens, the wind has firmly been taken out of the #BoycottWolves sails so it’s been mission accomplished by Keith Bishop.

Not necessarily a smokescreen, just similar to Staveley. She never had the money to get the deal done so why did she bother? She sort of operates in the same sphere as Kenyon in that he plays with other people’s money. Having your name in the news can be quite a positive thing in that regard. Out of sight out of mind.

How would Ashley benefit from this dominating the news?? That’s far easier to work out.

Kenyon is never gonna come out and say “I actually don’t have a pot to piss in” so he’s never going to deny the rumours. (Which Ashley/Bishop started)

The only thing that gives me a shred of hope in all this is that Kenyon is a serious football man with a high profile, excellent reputation and good standing in the game. Associating himself with an oaf like Ashley for some publicity stunt would not do him any good in any capacity. Neither would a failed bit for a football club that is apparently up for sale.  What would he realistically stand to gain from associating his name with an imaginary bid for NUFC?

I would say the opposite I think he would have more to lose than not coming out to say it was bollocks - got no doubt at all something is happening but at the same time Ashley moves the goalposts to suit.

The only thing that gives me a shred of hope in all this is that Kenyon is a serious football man with a high profile, excellent reputation and good standing in the game. Associating himself with an oaf like Ashley for some publicity stunt would not do him any good in any capacity. Neither would a failed bit for a football club that is apparently up for sale.  What would he realistically stand to gain from associating his name with an imaginary bid for NUFC?

Agreed

Could it just be as simple as every Christmas, Mike likes to get his cock out & slap on both cheeks before chuckling to himself whilst walking away in January.

A kind of annual tradition in the Ashley household

Guest firetotheworks

Kenyon's legit like, so we can move on from that being the thing to doubt. We can move on to interest and potential deals probably happening fairly regularly and Ashley's just using this one to his advantage until he deliberately sabotages it - as he did last time.

I`d take Kenyon in a heartbeat.

I still cant quite imagine the club being ran in a professional (Not necessarily altruistic) manner given the manner that it has been ran in my lifetime. For all the Hall / Shepherd achievements (In terms of stature, stadium etc) they made some shocking decisions on their watch.

I still cant quite imagine the club being ran in a professional (Not necessarily altruistic) manner given the manner that it has been ran in my lifetime. For all the Hall / Shepherd achievements (In terms of stature, stadium etc) they made some shocking decisions on their watch.

Worst of all selling to Ashley though Shepherd wasn't that keen but had no choice in the end. Hall just wanted out as soon as possible making mega bucks in the process and looking like he couldn't give a fuck who bought us, which for me spoilt all the good work he had done in the years previously.

Amending the articles could mean absolutely anything to be honest.  Not sure where the idea has come from that the changes would amend voting rights necessarily - it could do, but it could be as mundane as changing the number of directors required or as meaningful as including provisions regarding external debt.

Amending the articles could mean absolutely anything to be honest.  Not sure where the idea has come from that the changes would amend voting rights necessarily - it could do, but it could be as mundane as changing the number of directors required or as meaningful as including provisions regarding external debt.

Your right it could mean fuck all but it might be something significant also - time will tell

Agreed - it would seem odd timing to amend the articles now to be honest. But if the articles are being amended for a takeover related reason, you wouldn’t tend to do it in advance of a takeover, you’d normally do it just before or concurrent with the deal actually occurring (for the simple reason that a seller wouldn’t want to amend its articles for a buyer unless it knows the deal is definitely happening).

Agreed - it would seem odd timing to amend the articles now to be honest. But if the articles are being amended for a takeover related reason, you wouldn’t tend to do it in advance of a takeover, you’d normally do it just before or concurrent with the deal actually occurring (for the simple reason that a seller wouldn’t want to amend its articles for a buyer unless it knows the deal is definitely happening).

Bish and Ash knew it would get the fans talking. That’s all it is. Another strand in the web of lies.

Guest firetotheworks

Bear in mind that it hasn't changed since 1999, so you would think that if there was anything in there that directly linked it to any kind of takeover activity, it would have changed in 2007.

Bear in mind that it hasn't changed since 1999, so you would think that if there was anything in there that directly linked it to any kind of takeover activity, it would have changed in 2007.

This could all just be the most elaborate wind-up yet, but the timing is interesting. It's not like companies change their Articles on a whim, and we know MA isn't a huge fan of wasting money.

This could all just be the most elaborate wind-up yet, but the timing is interesting. It's not like companies change their Articles on a whim, and we know MA isn't a huge fan of wasting money.

Would take a regional law firm about 1k - if that - to amend the articles if Ashley really wanted to wind fans up. But the timing is definitely interesting.

FWIW, done a quick scan of other notable clubs taken over in the past 10-15 years and there's no precedent for the Articles being changed prior to a takeover.

Getting a bit niche here, but on a debt funded acquisition a bank will often ask for the articles to be amended to ensure that their security is enforceable (assuming the articles don’t already include the required language). But as mentioned above, this would normally happen at the same time as the acquisition and not before.

Worst of all selling to Ashley though Shepherd wasn't that keen but had no choice in the end. Hall just wanted out as soon as possible making mega bucks in the process and looking like he couldn't give a fuck who bought us, which for me spoilt all the good work he had done in the years previously.

Before Ashley, Hall wanted to sell to the "investment fund" headed by this guy (and another bloke who promptly died of a coke-induced heart attack). Shepherd blocked it: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russell_King_(fraudster)