Various: Mike Ashley in talks with Sheikh Khaled bin Zayed Al Nehayan

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

In my opinion, if it is significant, it would mean a takeover would be imminent. But it is more than likely to be something completely meaningless. Literally as meaningless as amending the provisions about whether a board meeting can held by telephone or needs to be a physical meeting.

The articles basically govern how a company is run and so loads of it is boring admin stuff.  If you suffer from insomnia, read a set and you’ll soon find out how dull most of it is.

In my opinion, if it is significant, it would mean a takeover would be imminent. But it is more than likely to be something completely meaningless. Literally as meaningless as amending the provisions about whether a board meeting can held by telephone or needs to be a physical meeting.

The articles basically govern how a company is run and so loads of it is boring admin stuff.

Are there any other clubs that are known to have been funded by debt?

I`d take Kenyon in a heartbeat.

I still cant quite imagine the club being ran in a professional (Not necessarily altruistic) manner given the manner that it has been ran in my lifetime. For all the Hall / Shepherd achievements (In terms of stature, stadium etc) they made some shocking decisions on their watch.

Dalglish, Souness, Allardyce. Yup some stinkers there. Not to mention the treatment of SBR.

I think the club did the correct thing in being floated so I think Keegan jumped the gun the first time. He still had total control over transfers and the players were totally behind him.

If he was offered that scenario now he’d bite your hand off after what he experienced with Mike Ashley.

Haven’t actually checked the full set of articles (and in a very different time zone at the moment), but the 1998 article amendment that Chris posted on Twitter is unusual in that it allows the directors the ability to refuse a share transfer. That is a massive red flag for a bank - but no idea why the banks that lent to us at the time didn’t spot that and change it.  Unless there was a subsequent amendment or the money was lent somewhere else in the group. Weird.

I still cant quite imagine the club being ran in a professional (Not necessarily altruistic) manner given the manner that it has been ran in my lifetime. For all the Hall / Shepherd achievements (In terms of stature, stadium etc) they made some shocking decisions on their watch.

Dalglish, Souness, Allardyce. Yup some stinkers there. Not to mention the treatment of SBR.

I think the club did the correct thing in being floated so I think Keegan jumped the gun the first time. He still had total control over transfers and the players were totally behind him.

If he was offered that scenario now he’d bite your hand off after what he experienced with Mike Ashley.

Keegan didn't have full control rgouch, he was told he needed to sell Ferdinand as part of the float.

Keegan didn't have full control rgouch, he was told he needed to sell Ferdinand as part of the float.

I didn't know that (that Ferdinand sale was part of float).

I thought it was just that KK knew a PLC would be more concerned about balancing the books - which was then borne out when we sold Ferdinand (under Dalglish) for the same money we paid for him.

At least Shepherd had the kind of self-serving ego where he cared what the fans thought about him.

My overriding memory of their stewardship is that they were tolerated notwithstanding that they seen the whole operation as a cash cow with added local Kudos.

No, Ferdinand left because Dalglish told him he wasn’t in the plans. Then after Shearer did his cruciate ligament, the club were under pressure to convince him to stay but he wanted out at that point. The rest is history.

No, Ferdinand left because Dalglish told him he wasn’t in the plans. Then after Shearer did his cruciate ligament, the club were under pressure to convince him to stay but he wanted out at that point. The rest is history.

Ah the halcyon days Of Guivarch, Andersson etc.

Yep, he’s done quite a few interviews telling it that way. 100% a Dalglish decision.

Definitely recall it being Ferdinand or Asprilla that had to be sold and Dalglish chose Asprilla after having assurances he was settled. Come Jan he had gone as well.

Ferdinand not going back on agreeing to sign for Spurs was due to him being told he wasn't in Dalglish's plans, selling one or the other was a board/plc requirement