Various: Mike Ashley in talks with Sheikh Khaled bin Zayed Al Nehayan

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

We agreed to sell Ferdinand to Spurs then Shearer got injured in pre season and we tried to then cancel the deal unfortunately it was too late to prevent him leaving. So we ended up with Barnes and Rush instead and Jon Dahl

and Ketsbaia

I still remember Alan Sugar claiming we had sold them a pup with Ferdinand. He never really caught on there like he did here. I also remember his goals dried up a bit in the run in to the title charge in the second half of that season. Him and Rob Lee were scoring for fun before Christmas.

always remember there being a financial element to the ferdinand sale personally

Ferdinand himself said that KD told him he was gonna be a sub for the season. I guess the board decided that he was a high value asset to just sit on the bench.

Getting a bit niche here, but on a debt funded acquisition a bank will often ask for the articles to be amended to ensure that their security is enforceable (assuming the articles don’t already include the required language). But as mentioned above, this would normally happen at the same time as the acquisition and not before.

I work in the area and this is exactly right. Any amendment would take place on completion not in advance.

Getting a bit niche here, but on a debt funded acquisition a bank will often ask for the articles to be amended to ensure that their security is enforceable (assuming the articles don’t already include the required language). But as mentioned above, this would normally happen at the same time as the acquisition and not before.

I work in the area and this is exactly right. Any amendment would take place on completion not in advance.

So basically, if I'm reading this correctly, and I'm not one to jump to conclusions, or say stuff to get a reaction on here, or put two and two together and come out with some of the entries in the Shoe Council thread. You and Hughesy are saying the deal is done and we shall now welcome our new American overlords.

Get it Tweeted Dave.

At the point now where I don't even really care who we get sold to.  It could be someone awful, but even then it's unlikely to be someone awful who sticks around for a decade even when things are spiraling wildly out of control.  if we need to have another shit owner, let's get them in as quickly as possible and get them out of the way.

It doesn't have to be someone who's insanely wealthy like the City owners, even just someone who wants us to stay within our means, but actually has a real tangible plan in place to use the TV money, and any other incoming money to improve the club as a whole, training, facilities, academy etc... even if its not overnight.

And someone who understands sometimes you can't spend just 30 million a season on a whole squad, and sometimes it's OK to spend that on one player if it's what we need.

So basically someone with no money is going to buy us and use the club as a mortgage? Great. I could do that.

Think we're about to go from bad to worse..

Let's not get to a stage where its anyone but Ashley. We did that last time with shepherd and look where it got us.

Mortgaging the club is a big no no. You have the money or you don't bother. A tight billionaire is bad enough, a tight groups of millionaires with no additional funding just servicing the debt would finish us off.

Guest neesy111

Let's not get to a stage where its anyone but Ashley. We did that last time with shepherd and look where it got us.

Mortgaging the club is a big no no. You have the money or you don't bother. A tight billionaire is bad enough, a tight groups of millionaires with no additional funding just servicing the debt would finish us off.

Yeah, I'm worried about anyone lending money to buy us but I'd take a dictator at this point over Ashley.

Seems likely to be true obviously, hence why True Faith are so wrong (IMO). It's just an extension of the general Stockholm Syndrome really, people want the takeover so much that they're desperate to believe it.

If we get taken over then I'll orgasm as hard as the next man, but until then I don't see any reason to change the approach on any protests.

Mortgaging the club is a big no no.

Well, we won't get much of a say in it in any case. We're not really in a position to raise debt given we're always staring at the trapdoor. Clubs who are relegation-proof can get away with it.

It feels like the direction Newcastle go in now hinges on what they allow Benítez to do next month. Whether they crash and burn. If he leaves, you’d probably be talking about the biggest reduction in gates since everybody’s dad stopped going when they sold Malcolm Macdonald. Benítez is our SuperMac. Newcastle would be knackered for a long, long time.”

Honestly don't know why smart people keep saying this. Clueless.

Guest Howaythetoon

There is nothing that would wake up the general fanbase from their slumber that would see gates drop significantly or protests ramped up in huge numbers, not Rafa leaving or another relegation. Not long-term anyway.

Ashley can’t lose, the only hit on him would be heightened scrutiny which he hates and some fat cockney bastard chants which gets to him all the same.

But when you’re a billionaire who can simply stay away, he can ride it out and before long, 53k mugs will line his pockets happy watching a team even in the Championship lead by another Pardew or Allardyce.

NUFC isn’t a soap opera these days, it’s a film - Groundhog Day!