Various: Mike Ashley in talks with Sheikh Khaled bin Zayed Al Nehayan

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

If the three year advertising deal is the final nail in his coffin in his ownership of us then that's a price I'm prepared to pay.

However it's every Newcastle fans duty to cover up, graffiti, deface and basically mess with every single sports direct promotional advertising in St James park. (We could even have a competition)

Put a club legend's name over the top of each one.

If the three year advertising deal is the final nail in his coffin in his ownership of us then that's a price I'm prepared to pay.

However it's every Newcastle fans duty to cover up, graffiti, deface and basically mess with every single sports direct promotional advertising in St James park. (We could even have a competition)

Put a club legend's name over the top of each one.

Change them to Sports Redirect signs and see how long it takes him to notice

In what version of this lifetime was this cunt ever selling the club? The story about him wanting an advertising deal on top of the 300M is ridiculous enough that I don't believe it. I would believe it if he were to ask for let's say a 3 year deal providing he knock 50-60M off the asking price. Either way he's not selling what is in his eyes his most viable business at present.

It always surprises me that there are still investors who bother going through all the due diligence, which must take some time and cost. By now you would think they would have twigged that Ashley wants more than what the club is worth, at least for those looking to make a quick profit.

The way he's set the deal up is that it's going to take someone to come in and say " fuck it, you can have the extra £50m, it's pocket change to me". Basically the Man City owner types who don't care about the money, they just want a club they can sink money into and turn into a vanity project. That's not to say you can't make money as well, once you start buying up the best players, you are going to shoot up in financial potential anyway.

I totally agree with those who have said that it will be tough to disentangle the SD bullshit from NUFC.  If a potential new owner says that they want a clean break and for all the SD bullshit to be removed, Ashley will demand an unreasonable selling fee, otherwise there will be a contract to tie in that horrible branding for another 5-10 years, which would be cancerous for a new owner's reputation.

If he doesn't sell before the seasons out it can all burn to the f***ing ground as far as I'm concerned. Anyone who renews a season ticket with Rafa gone, some patsy in charge and Ashley still at the helm deserves the pound shop version of NUFC that's left, they can get to f*** an all.

agree totally

Buying a season ticket to NUFC next season with Ashley in charge is akin to buying B&H Gold because it's your favourite brand even though you've got lung cancer.

Yet people with lung cancer still smoke.  And the tobacco companies know this and happily take their money.  Same sort if mindset the FCB has.  I bet he laughs at the season ticket holders every time he checks his bank balance.

Find it odd that mike allows outside counsel to do so much of his transaction work if a deal isn’t even struck or an LOI Isnt in place - he’s paying these legal folks hourly to get a deal negotiated. Like that’s unheard of over here in the US. If business parties agree on a framework of a deal with basic terms done - then it moves to legal - this shit could take ages. Anyways, it would be nice to hear that a deal is struck. Fact he’s using outside to do this at this stage before a deal is in place with exclusivity is so dumb. So costly. so different  to the way we / American businesses do M&A Work. Would love to get more isngiht because if it’s American money doing this purchase I could prob dig into the stage it’s in and know where they are on the buy process side with some more info and estimate better.

Ho hum.

Find it odd that mike allows outside counsel to do so much of his transaction work if a deal isn’t even struck or an LOI Isnt in place - he’s paying these legal folks hourly to get a deal negotiated. Like that’s unheard of over here in the US. If business parties agree on a framework of a deal with basic terms done - then it moves to legal - this s*** could take ages. Anyways, it would be nice to hear that a deal is struck. Fact he’s using outside to do this at this stage before a deal is in place with exclusivity is so dumb. So costly. so different  to the way we / American businesses do M&A Work. Would love to get more isngiht because if it’s American money doing this purchase I could prob dig into the stage it’s in and know where they are on the buy process side with some more info and estimate better.

Ho hum.

He probably needs a legal team to make sure that any sales contract is watertight in his favour, and once he's gone, the new owners can't just have a bonfire with all of the SD advertising, and/or put SportsRedirect signs everywhere, whilst calling the old regime a 'bunch of c***s' to curry favour with the fans.

Because, lets face it, if we were all wealthy and purchased the club, it's exactly what you would do...

I'm hoping that the talk of extending the SD presence at the club is just Ashley chancing his arm trying to squeeze more out of a deal he knows he has to complete this time.

He will probably be the sort of bloke who will let the other party begin to walk away before he is satisfied that he has squeezed every last penny out of any deal. No way would he accept the first few offers he gets for the club, when they come in.

Find it odd that mike allows outside counsel to do so much of his transaction work if a deal isn’t even struck or an LOI Isnt in place - he’s paying these legal folks hourly to get a deal negotiated. Like that’s unheard of over here in the US. If business parties agree on a framework of a deal with basic terms done - then it moves to legal - this s*** could take ages. Anyways, it would be nice to hear that a deal is struck. Fact he’s using outside to do this at this stage before a deal is in place with exclusivity is so dumb. So costly. so different  to the way we / American businesses do M&A Work. Would love to get more isngiht because if it’s American money doing this purchase I could prob dig into the stage it’s in and know where they are on the buy process side with some more info and estimate better.

Ho hum.

He probably needs a legal team to make sure that any sales contract is watertight in his favour, and once he's gone, the new owners can't just have a bonfire with all of the SD advertising, and/or put SportsRedirect signs everywhere, whilst calling the old regime a 'bunch of c***s' to curry favour with the fans.

Because, lets face it, if we were all wealthy and purchased the club, it's exactly what you would do...

No I wouldn’t. It’s not in the best interests of him. That’s the problem. He hasn’t the brain to want to grow us not the humility to accept he’s made mistakes and sell the club he has no connection to. You’re quite a thick poster man. Legit don’t understand how you formulate such weird opinions and posts.