Various: Mike Ashley in talks with Sheikh Khaled bin Zayed Al Nehayan

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

We’re too eager to buy into bullshit pedlars like that Black Dildo chap on Twitter.

There’s something happening but it’s probably still at the due diligence stage while “whoever” gets the money together to purchase.

If that’s the hard part, wouldn’t hold much hope that these guys will be splashing the cash for Rafa. Not unless they have a massive loan arrangement with the banks, which in itself is worrying.

It’s not worrying at all.

Our fans are being played..again. Ashley runs this club how rulers run countries...divide and conquer, smoke and mirrors, and lots and lots of fake news and bullshit PR.

The news gets funnier every day..."further along than ever before"..."no bid yet"..."deal agreed in principle"..."Kenyon's £100 million short"...even if ALL the papers report that a deal has actually been agreed you can bet your life the next day they'll all be saying it's fell through/come unstuck or something along those lines.

If Ashley wanted to sell he would have done so last year, when everybody was telling us it's pretty much a done deal and we're gonna have an ace Christmas...that turned out well  :lol:

bullshit in the chronicle - kenyon would still be interested if january takeover didnt go through, or even if we got relegated!!!!

BAN ALL THE BOYCOTTS AND PROTESTS FOREVER AS IT MAY HINDER ANY TAKEOVERS AT ANY TIME AT ANY POINT IN THE FUTURE!!!!!

this takeover is never happening. we've all been set up by the FCB.

bullshit in the chronicle - kenyon would still be interested if january takeover didnt go through, or even if we got relegated!!!!

BAN ALL THE BOYCOTTS AND PROTESTS FOREVER AS IT MAY HINDER ANY TAKEOVERS AT ANY TIME AT ANY POINT IN THE FUTURE!!!!!

this takeover is never happening. we've all been set up by the FCB.

You know, the shock of realisation behind such a statement nearly had me fall off my chair...  :hmm:

No need to leak any bullshit stories this week with all the Man U stuff going on, Christmas next week and then 4 weeks of "this is so close just some i's to dot" before it gets cancelled and we need to pull together and save this club from relegation with Mike pledging every penny the club makes.

Everyone just needs to see what happens - there is definitely something happening with definite interest as just too many reports to suggest otherwise.

Everyone just needs to see what happens - there is definitely something happening with definite interest as just too many reports to suggest otherwise.

Which may have all originated from Bishop and Ashley. Kenyon has said nowt himself.

Which may have all originated from Bishop and Ashley. Kenyon has said nowt himself.

He hasn't came out to deny it either which for a person of his standing he would.

Again, not when it's come from respectable people like Caulkin.

Like groundhog day in here, the interest is there, unfortunately so is Ashley who will reject any offers that aren't massively in his favour, which he won't get from Kenyon or probably anyone else for that matter.

Again, not when it's come from respectable people like Caulkin.

Like groundhog day in here, the interest is there, unfortunately so is Ashley who will reject any offers that aren't massively in his favour, which he won't get from Kenyon or probably anyone else for that matter.

How do you know where Caulkin’s heard it from though? He hasn’t said. I’m just too cynical about this whole thing due to the experience of the lies and deception over the last ten years or so.

He hasn't came out to deny it either which for a person of his standing he would.

I was thinking that as well but then I thought how a little money can make people more or less loyal/apahetic once on the payroll. Perhaps MA has appointed Kenyon as an advisor and has him on a very high hourly rate. This of course a smokescreen just to buy MA time til the end of Jan. Risk and reward and all that....

I was thinking that as well but then I thought how a little money can make people more or less loyal/apahetic once on the payroll. Perhaps MA has appointed Kenyon as an advisor and has him on a very high hourly rate. This of course a smokescreen just to buy MA time til the end of Jan. Risk and reward and all that....

This bloke was chief executive at Man Utd and Chelsea do you really think he would get involved in somethink like this. We know Ashley is a cunt but think people are taking it a bit far when they actually think that a well respected person on football is playing along with Ashley to piss the fans off again and not spend in January - no not having that - yes the deal may fail due to Ashleys demands but to suggest a ploy is really just silly - nobody expected Ashley to buy anyway so why does he need a masterplan to try and justify it.

Buying time until January makes no sense, the Wolves boycott wouldn't have worked out due to the run we went on so Ashley has given The Magpie group a good out.

If the club isn't sold and the team struggles I expect the protests to resume with some gusto and even more support amongst the fans.

This bloke was chief executive at Man Utd and Chelsea do you really think he would get involved in somethink like this. We know Ashley is a cunt but think people are taking it a bit far when they actually think that a well respected person on football is playing along with Ashley to piss the fans off again and not spend in January - no not having that - yes the deal may fail due to Ashleys demands but to suggest a ploy is really just silly - nobody expected Ashley to buy anyway so why does he need a masterplan to try and justify it.

Kenyon would do his standing in the game no end of damage if it came out he was colluding with a crook like Ashley. Ashley's reputation is dirt, both in business and football. Take another look at the people Bishop was able to rustle up to speak in support of Ashley and against Rafa at the start of the season: Keys, Gray, Wise, Allardyce, Pardew etc (have i missed anyone?). Now take a look at the guy you are claiming is in collusion with Ashley over a fake transfer ruse.....

Kenyon is about as far removed from that set of scumbags as you're likely to find and I'm 1000% convinced he wouldn't involve himself in anything like is being suggested on here. 

Agree with this. The deal will fall through because Ashley will overprice it, not because there's no interest. Kenyon appears to have done everything by the book, hence the low profile, don't know why people seem to think he's in on some fiendish wind up with Ashley.

This bloke was chief executive at Man Utd and Chelsea do you really think he would get involved in somethink like this. We know Ashley is a c*** but think people are taking it a bit far when they actually think that a well respected person on football is playing along with Ashley to p*ss the fans off again and not spend in January - no not having that - yes the deal may fail due to Ashleys demands but to suggest a ploy is really just silly - nobody expected Ashley to buy anyway so why does he need a masterplan to try and justify it.

Kenyon would do his standing in the game no end of damage if it came out he was colluding with a crook like Ashley.

In our heads it would. The reality is that nobody else really gives a shit about this club. We’re only visible because of some of the league we play in. Otherwise, there’s nothing newsworthy about this club to the outside football fan apart from the odd player indiscretion, like Shelvey and his racism.. or Joey Barton getting locked up.

If we spent money and competed in the league then we could undo years of being out of sight/out of mind. But right now that’s not the case.

Peter Kenyon could well be reaping publicity off this full well knowing it’s all bollocks. But aside from us, there would be no repercussions for him at all.. and what are we gonna do about it? Give Opta Advisors what for on twitter?

We won't be sold and it means that Rafa is definitely gone in the summer. And because we're not gonna get taken over no quality player will want to sign for us, even IF we were willing to pay the money. Why would anyone good enough sign for us and commit their future when Rafa won't. You could argue about them signing for the €€, but the players we should aim for will have other better options with a more solid and bright future.

Having said that, Merry Christmas folks.

We won't be sold and it means that Rafa is definitely gone in the summer. And because we're not gonna get taken over no quality player will want to sign for us, even IF we were willing to pay the money. Why would anyone good enough sign for us and commit their future when Rafa won't. You could argue about them signing for the €€, but the players we should aim for will have other better options with a more solid and bright future.

Having said that, Merry Christmas folks.

If this happens as you say it’ll make walking away from nufc into exile again very easy

Media give info about takeover.

“Lies. If it was real the media wouldn’t have this info, it’s all planted by Fat Ash. The club admitted to the tribunal...”.

Media is quiet about takeover.

“Well everything has gone quiet. We’ve been done again”.

This bloke was chief executive at Man Utd and Chelsea do you really think he would get involved in somethink like this. We know Ashley is a c*** but think people are taking it a bit far when they actually think that a well respected person on football is playing along with Ashley to p*ss the fans off again and not spend in January - no not having that - yes the deal may fail due to Ashleys demands but to suggest a ploy is really just silly - nobody expected Ashley to buy anyway so why does he need a masterplan to try and justify it.

Kenyon would do his standing in the game no end of damage if it came out he was colluding with a crook like Ashley.

In our heads it would. The reality is that nobody else really gives a shit about this club. We’re only visible because of some of the league we play in. Otherwise, there’s nothing newsworthy about this club to the outside football fan apart from the odd player indiscretion, like Shelvey and his racism.. or Joey Barton getting locked up.

If we spent money and competed in the league then we could undo years of being out of sight/out of mind. But right now that’s not the case.

Peter Kenyon could well be reaping publicity off this full well knowing it’s all bollocks. But aside from us, there would be no repercussions for him at all.. and what are we gonna do about it? Give Opta Advisors what for on twitter?

I’m not talking about his standing among fans, I’m talking about his standing when it comes to football investors, CEOs, the business press, potential recruiters etc.

He just doesn’t strike me as that kind of guy at all. And if he was courting publicity wouldn’t it generate more if he came out and spoke to the media, agreed to interviews, was visible at games?

For someone supposedly courting publicity he’s doing a very good job of keeping his head down.