Various: Mike Ashley in talks with Sheikh Khaled bin Zayed Al Nehayan

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

What do we reckon is in the books that makes bidders offer £100m under the asking price? I know it's over valued, but he's always said £300m and Staveley last year proved he wouldn't lower that. So surely anyone looking would be expecting to have to pay £300m or thereabouts or not bother.

Its got to be something a little under the radar as surely discussions from the outset would discuss Ashley's loans and sports direct advertising before bothering with a detailed due diligence.

The amount they’d have to invest in the squad & training facilities?

i'll be honest the CL qualification thing seems a right load of shite if it's true that's been part of either bid...it's fucking nonsense

can fully understand a bid of say £200 for the club then treat the debt separately and pay him back in installments or whatever for that rather than treating it as a whole package...as ON's just said there's so much more immediate investment required

What do we reckon is in the books that makes bidders offer £100m under the asking price? I know it's over valued, but he's always said £300m and Staveley last year proved he wouldn't lower that. So surely anyone looking would be expecting to have to pay £300m or thereabouts or not bother.

Its got to be something a little under the radar as surely discussions from the outset would discuss Ashley's loans and sports direct advertising before bothering with a detailed due diligence.

I'd like to think anyone wanting to buy the club would have considered those prior to due diligence, the squad itself is obviously public knowledge.

The only way we will get rid of this horrible parasite is to go down and stay down for 3 seasons or more. I honestly believe that is the only way we will get rid of him as nobody will pay what he wants currently.

Yep. We’ll be absolutely fucked over in the process but people can stop pretending this is what an elite club is.

I heard last night from a bloke that's been working in Dubai that Ashley wants his debt paid back by the end of next season and then he'll sell, he couldn't give a shit who runs the club so long as they don't spend.

We really should go down this season.  Rafa please do us a favour and quit ASAP.

I would imagine that, should we go down, Bishops pr machine will drop a gear and go all out to discredit Rafa painting a picture of a has been failure who had a squad more than capable of survival but couldn’t manage it. The next desperate sap would be wheeled out and tow the party line whilst we more than likely become a mid table Champo club crossing swords with Chicken town being the only real highlight of attritional desperate seasons in the second tier.

The only answer, as I see it, is to force him out with mass protests and aggressive action against him, his associates and his business. I just don’t think our support could ever realise the kind of cohesion required to push the thin skinned bully into a corner and force his hand.

Next year looks to be, perhaps an unprecedentedly challenging year for retail with his assets potentially taking a hit from all ends. In that context, unless he desperately needs ‘cash in the bank’ he’s not going anywhere for a long time .

Happy new year!

The protests will only start when we start losing games.

We've lost, is it 7 times at home this season, and the people trying to protest are being abused :lol:

Maybe when we reach the conference, the home crowd might grumble a little.

I'd like to think anyone wanting to buy the club would have considered those prior to due diligence, the squad itself is obviously public knowledge.

The price of players is going up every year. Of course they've considered it, that's why they don't want to pay a daft amount for the club, it will cost almost as much again to make the squad capable of competing for honours.

Ryders quote this morning

"There had been suggestions that Kenyon would still be interested in buying United if they dropped into the Championship but there is now an indication that Ashley will cut his losses and build again rather than sell at a cut-price."

This whole situation is just horrific

No one knows what’s going on, be it the Sun, Mirror, Chronicle, or even the likes of Caulkin.

Quite obvious he’s been up to his old tricks again, lock this fucking thread and burn the bastard place down, it’s fucking boring the same shit day in day out.

100% not renewing or setting foot in the place again, I will try and do a few away games and that’s it,going to because I love my footy, Ashley has lost another and I’m guessing a lot more when the inevitable happens.

11 years of waste

11 years of lies

Over and out NUFC/SJP till he goes.

Aye this is my last year as a season ticket holder if Ashley stays, I'm not even that fussed about going to the remaining games this season, I've attended every protest and walked in at 11 minutes with the other 14 fans and its all for nowt.

Ashley has won and as far as I'm concerned he can keep the club I'll go and watch Consett