Various: Mike Ashley in talks with Sheikh Khaled bin Zayed Al Nehayan

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The open letter is an absolute pointless exercise apart from making those who wrote it feel better about themselves in that they are doing something about all this. I'll never discourage anything anyone ever does to get rid of Ashley, though this move is a nothing move with little consequence, but what else can they do? The mass have shown their true colours, they can't be arsed to do anything and refuse to participate in anything that involves any effort from their behalf. Because of that Ashley is going nowhere.

I put it down to the type and class of people who associate with football these days. The 'working man' era have either been priced out, barred or gave up long ago. SJP is now full of the next generation of fan. The customer. No different from those who attend the cinema and in that the emotion has been diluted to near nothingness.

That's a cracking way to put it, I saw a steward last night tell a fan to stop shouting with a finger on his lips.

Absolutely, the proof is in those that say they shouldn't have to walk in late or miss a game after a hard week at work it's what they look forward to, but in the very next fucking breath excuse themselves from a game for a family dinner or are happy to walk out 11 minutes early because we're losing and that's enough for them. If you want to go because you don't miss a game, rain, wind, shine or death then I get that, you want to stay and sing songs at the top of your lungs and cheer on the players at 4-0 down then all power to you but don't disguise selfish petulance as anything other than what it is, you know you're doing more harm than good but it's what suits you. So fucking cured of it now.

Guest The Little Waster

Have I missed it, or is there any chance of anyone copy and pasting this open letter here for all to see?

Yes of course :

Dear Mike can yous pleez give Rafa sum cash for to buy sum playaz

Ta

The Fans

X

Guest Howaythetoon

The open letter is an absolute pointless exercise apart from making those who wrote it feel better about themselves in that they are doing something about all this. I'll never discourage anything anyone ever does to get rid of Ashley, though this move is a nothing move with little consequence, but what else can they do? The mass have shown their true colours, they can't be arsed to do anything and refuse to participate in anything that involves any effort from their behalf. Because of that Ashley is going nowhere.

I put it down to the type and class of people who associate with football these days. The 'working man' era have either been priced out, barred or gave up long ago. SJP is now full of the next generation of fan. The customer. No different from those who attend the cinema and in that the emotion has been diluted to near nothingness.

The bit in bold is 100% spot on and that as much as Ashley himself has done it for me.

I have nothing to add or say regarding the letter because I’m long past caring enough to be moved positively or negatively by any form of protest action to involve myself where I care. I don’t care. That’s not to say I’m against it, because I’m not. I’ve just learned what works best for me and that’s a total boycott of all things NUFC on and of the pitch, fellow fans included. I’m my own one band protest group.

By boycotting all things NUFC I am finding it easier to not care anymore which frees me from the emotional mess and stress following NUFC. It’s quite liberating and the more detached I am from Newcastle United the more I’m finding myself enjoying football more as a sport again.

I’ve watched more televised non NUFC games this season than I’ve watched NUFC games in the last 10 years on telly or in person and plan to follow the ‘Heed more an take in some other local clubs games. I’ve been to two ‘Heed games this season, away to Leyton Orient and home to Hartlepool Boxing Day.

Working away a lot I plan to go and attend more games that are on wherever I’m working if time allows, whether it’s a top-flight game or a non league game.

I had some tickets for Fulham’s home game the other day, but I didn’t get into London until 2.30 or something and was knackered after a long drive otherwise I would have went.

I’m also getting involved with my sons’ football more. I love watching him play and his team of under 7s train.

Caring about NUFC would prevent me from enjoying the sport because all I feel when I think about NUFC and watch us is hate, bitterness and absolute despair and sadness.

Those feelings ramp up so much more over and above anything Ashley does or has done when I see full houses, protestors attacked, Ashley smiling and laughing in his seat without a single reaction from the crowd. I’ve read the letter and it angers me, but only because of how tragic and desperate the fan base now is where this is considered doing something, anything.

Not as tragic as any criticism of it though...

The bit in bold is 100% spot on and that as much as Ashley himself has done it for me.

I have nothing to add or say regarding the letter because I’m long past caring enough to be moved positively or negatively by any form of protest action to involve myself where I care. I don’t care. That’s not to say I’m against it, because I’m not. I’ve just learned what works best for me and that’s a total boycott of all things NUFC on and of the pitch, fellow fans included. I’m my own one band protest group.

By boycotting all things NUFC I am finding it easier to not care anymore which frees me from the emotional mess and stress following NUFC. It’s quite liberating and the more detached I am from Newcastle United the more I’m finding myself enjoying football more as a sport again.

I’ve watched more televised non NUFC games this season than I’ve watched NUFC games in the last 10 years on telly or in person and plan to follow the ‘Heed more an take in some other local clubs games. I’ve been to two ‘Heed games this season, away to Leyton Orient and home to Hartlepool Boxing Day.

Working away a lot I plan to go and attend more games that are on wherever I’m working if time allows, whether it’s a top-flight game or a non league game.

I had some tickets for Fulham’s home game the other day, but I didn’t get into London until 2.30 or something and was knackered after a long drive otherwise I would have went.

I’m also getting involved with my sons’ football more. I love watching him play and his team of under 7s train.

Caring about NUFC would prevent me from enjoying the sport because all I feel when I think about NUFC and watch us is hate, bitterness and absolute despair and sadness.

Those feelings ramp up so much more over and above anything Ashley does or has done when I see full houses, protestors attacked, Ashley smiling and laughing in his seat without a single reaction from the crowd. I’ve read the letter and it angers me, but only because of how tragic and desperate the fan base now is where this is considered doing something, anything.

HTT, I have had a season ticket for 29 years and can honestly say i'm starting to feel the same. I wish i had the balls to make the break that you have done and i'm only still going in case my little lad wants to go in a few years time

Guest Howaythetoon

HTT, I have had a season ticket for 29 years and can honestly say i'm starting to feel the same. I wish i had the balls to make the break that you have done and i'm only still going in case my little lad wants to go in a few years time

Took my two boys to one or two games and it just broke me even more. My 5 year old is obsessed with footy thanks to the World Cup and in no small part Southgate and his England team. If he wants to start going when he’s older he can go, but I won’t be taking him. He idolises Ronaldo and to be fair, he would rather watch a compilation of skills on YouTube than a typical boring Premier League match. For him it’s about the players, the stars, tricks, goals, skills. Winning and losing, rules and points, rivalries and season tickets? Means nowt. I hope Juventus draw an English side in the CL so I can take him to watch his hero, of not a trip to Turin will have to do.

Don’t get me wrong, I Love NUFC and always will, but I’m past caring and don’t think I will ever care enough to go and get all messed up emotionally and stressed over our club like I used to. Better things to do in life, better things to spend my hard earned time and money on.

Mind I’m a cynical bastard and a bit of an old man these days, would rather watch a match on telly than sit on my arse at SJP in the cold. Thankfully I have the memories of KK, Sir Bobby, Shearer and the wonderful history of our club to remember and reminisce about.

Guest firetotheworks

Have I missed it, or is there any chance of anyone copy and pasting this open letter here for all to see?

Yes of course :

Ta

The Fans

X

No idea why you think you're absolutely mint like.

Guest The Little Waster

Yes of course :

Ta

The Fans

X

Oooh someone got out of the wrong side of the carry cot didnt they ?

???

Guest firetotheworks

Yes of course :

Ta

The Fans

X

???

Just a bit tired of reading about how mint you think you are by doing the absolute bare minimum. You don't like fans that go to matches because you hate Ashley, fair enough that's a popular opinion, but then you don't like fans who protest against Ashley, the man you hate, while your overall efforts amount to not going to matches. What a hero. You're not a unique trailblazer because you don't go to matches man, loads on here don't go, get over yourself.

Guest The Little Waster

Yes of course :

Ta

The Fans

X

???

Just a bit tired of reading about how mint you think you are by doing the absolute bare minimum. You don't like fans that go to matches because you hate Ashley, fair enough that's a popular opinion, but then you don't like fans who protest against Ashley, the man you hate, while your overall efforts amount to not going to matches. What a hero. You're not a unique trailblazer because you don't go to matches man, loads on here don't go, get over yourself.

Then dont read my comments ... get over yourself ...

Guest firetotheworks

Yes of course :

Ta

The Fans

X

???

You could take it on board and maybe stop thinking you're special like, but fair enough.

I just don’t get the buzz people seem to get from mocking people who are making a concerted effort to make things harder for the bloke we all hate :lol:

It’s one thing to be like “I don’t agree with this” and another entirely to be sarcy as f*** like “hahaha oooooo a letter! A little letter! That’ll show ‘em!”

I just don’t get the mindset.

You're assuming a buzz.  There's no malice intended against those in the fans groups, just against the the letter.  I don't think the opinion of a random user on an internet forum should really matter to those involved unless there is an ounce of truth in it.  In which case, maybe it'll be helpful in the long run.

It won’t be because it’s just pisstaking. You need to learn what constructive criticism is in that case.

Guest The Little Waster

Yes of course :

Ta

The Fans

X

???

You could take it on board and maybe stop thinking you're special like, but fair enough.

I’ll comment how i want to and if you dont like my comments dont read them ... seems reasonable enough

Guest firetotheworks

Yes of course :

Ta

The Fans

X

???

I’ll comment how i want to and if you dont like my comments dont read them ... seems reasonable enough

:lol: I didn't say you couldn't, I'm just telling you that you're not the special snowflake you seem to think you are because you don't go to matches and 'saw through' Ashley when Keegan resigned.

Guest The Little Waster

Yes of course :

Ta

The Fans

X

???

:lol: I didn't say you couldn't, I'm just telling you that you're not the special snowflake you seem to think you are because you don't go to matches and 'saw through' Ashley when Keegan resigned.

Blimey thats going back a bit , seems like youre a bit obsessed with my comments ? perhaps you should reflect on that and not get so upset about it ?