Various: Mike Ashley in talks with Sheikh Khaled bin Zayed Al Nehayan

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Why does he get to put the price of purchases on the price of the club? Surely he would just be spending the club's money to increase the value of assets at the club passing the money from one hand to the other? It'd be different if he actually stuck his hand in his pocket. I don't know why I'm trying to make sense of the smoke screen tbh :lol:

You're assuming the club is generating revenue.

:yao:

Regardless of the true value of the club, Ashley will just keep it out of reach to the point where it seems it will never happen.

A big Finance version of ZeRoE`s tit avatar if you will

You rang

As we would essentially be spending the revenue generated by the club surely it's just part and parcel of running a business? Are we also going to add the cost of painting the tunnel and all the tat which has been bought for the ongoing running of the football club. Yet another story which backs up that it's all bollocks.

Exactly this

I've got blisters on my fingers with keep checking in on this site to see if there is anything happening transfers/ sale of club just anything.  Really I should know better because like in the past, sod all will happen or certainly nothing positive.

HTT was bang on when he said that the club no longer has supporters, it has customers.

As we would essentially be spending the revenue generated by the club surely it's just part and parcel of running a business? Are we also going to add the cost of painting the tunnel and all the tat which has been bought for the ongoing running of the football club. Yet another story which backs up that it's all bollocks.

My mate made the perfect analogy the other week.

If I was buying a coffee shop, and I agreed a price with the current owner, then between agreeing the price and sale going through the coffee machine broke and we had to buy a new one, I wouldn’t expect to have to pay for the coffee machine on top of the sale price. Take the money out of the coffee shops funds or add it to the line of credit the coffee shop has, but expect me to personally pay for it? No.

Would love to be wrong, but personally thought the takeover was dead as soon as Ashley went on holiday. I know things can get done remotely, but that applies more to competent professional people, not someone like Mike Ashley on holiday. The guy gets drunk and vomits into fireplaces during normal business meetings, imagine what he's like in the Bahamas. And whilst he may be worth around £2bn, most of that isn't liquid, so this £300m sale would be genuinely big for him. I doubt he'd saunter off and let the lawyers handle things if such a massive deal was on the verge of completion, he'd want to be there for every negotiation, issue, question, etc.

He did the same thing last year with Staveley, negotiations advance and reports of Staveley completing due diligence come out, then all of a sudden he jets off on holiday for a few weeks and everything grinds to a half. We then had reports in the press that Staveley had no idea what was going on because Ashley had cut all communications and she was waiting to hear back on her offers, it later briefly came back to life with that curry night, but in hindsight him going on holiday in the first instance showed he wasn't planning to go ahead with anything.

His actions are essentially what you expect of a very stubborn and bipolar person who isn't serious about selling the club unless someone pays way over the odds. He's open to selling if he can rip someone off, he'll let people bid, lets them inspect the books, he'll hope for a really high price, but when they've finished inspecting the books and realize he wants a premium of a £100m+ or more that's when Ashley sticks his fingers in his ears and runs away. Sort of like some ebay sellers who'll list an item in the hope that it attracts more than they paid for it but when it looks like the item will go for less than they want they'll pull the plug and cancel the listing.

I also have an impression that he's a bit of an insecure coward who doesn't have the balls or decency to reject these successful/rich people who aren't minions of his face to face, like when he ignored Shearer for an entire summer after promising him the managers job full time, or how he cut off communication with Staveley and then had his media contacts release news articles about how he thought her to be a piss taker. The Jonas cancer, the Barton/Nolan/etc power group retaliation, the Keegan debacle, the Hughton sacking, the Rangers thievery, the anti-Rafa PR campaigns, all these various negative actions by Ashley were always done through his lackeys. The relevance of this is him cutting communications/going on holiday is his way of saying "no".

Has anyone ever worked out how much Ashley has actually made from the club since he bought it ?

Certainly enough to buy a very good PL squad.

And House of Fraser.

The club is worth fuck all as a football club. It's worth more to Ashley for his own purposes, than it will ever be to any prospective buyer.

Correct. Exactly why valuations are coming in at £200m. Even that is too high imo.

100% this. It’s like a secret stash of money under the bed for Ashley. If any deal goes tits up or he fancies more frivolous investments, he can ‘borrow’ from the club.