Various: Mike Ashley in talks with Sheikh Khaled bin Zayed Al Nehayan

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Anyway someone educate a business noob. Why would she set up another company if/when buying the club? Slash, why did Ashley set up St James' Holdings when he bought the club? What's the reason for doing that? I don't know shit.

Anyway someone educate a business noob. Why would she set up another company if/when buying the club? Slash, why did Ashley set up St James' Holdings when he bought the club? What's the reason for doing that? I don't know shit.

What's the alternative? Whatever this business is for, it's its own entity. Has its own accounts, does its own business.

Anyway someone educate a business noob. Why would she set up another company if/when buying the club? Slash, why did Ashley set up St James' Holdings when he bought the club? What's the reason for doing that? I don't know s***.

I'm as clueless as you, it's basically a business owning another business rather than an individual owning the business. Must be some tax or liability reason behind it.

Anyway someone educate a business noob. Why would she set up another company if/when buying the club? Slash, why did Ashley set up St James' Holdings when he bought the club? What's the reason for doing that? I don't know s***.

I'm as clueless as you, it's basically a business owning another business rather than an individual owning the business. Must be some tax or liability reason behind it.

So the company can be registered as a Limited company which amongst others things reduces the liability of the owner which is quite common for mid sized to large companies.

Until it’s posted by HTT on Jimbo's tele I don’t believe a word of it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FYP

Who are you?

311e21eefcb25513949ebca9e71ea5d6.jpg

[emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Inclined to believe it all tbh. Nothing to back that up with but negotiations have been going on for weeks and the recent good results may have calmed everyone down a bit. Window has just opened, few rumours here and there, new company created, not saying it’s all legit but it sort of fits.

We’ll see, fingers crossed.

Absolutely standard to incorporate a new legal entity to buy the shares in another- various reasons for doing so- to limit liability impacting any other businesses ultimately owned by the same people (this often needs a whole chain of entities), to bring together consortium members into a common vehicle or for tax structuring purposes.

From an article on the notorious Barclays deal:

In fact, the documents seen by Euromoney reveal that the nature of Mansour’s investment was much more complicated than the drafting error revealed, involving a series of shelf companies called PCP Gulf Invest 1, 2 and 3 first set up in Staveley’s name and that of her partner at PCP, Craig Eadie, that were then transferred into Abu Dhabi’s beneficial ownership.

Full article: https://www.euromoney.com/article/b12kjth9h0p0xf/revealed-the-truth-about-barclays-and-the-abu-dhabi-investment?copyrightInfo=true

I don't understand Matt, can you explain in Janet and John language for us thickos ? Are you saying that She has previous form doing this and this is a positive sign ?

Edit Yorkie's Gif sums it up for me perfectly :)

I told you it would be sorted over these few days!

It was done weeks ago but no way they’d announce something when they couldn’t put any deals in motion.

I reckon she’ll run things for the first year or so, and would expect her to put in place a proper board of experienced top level professionals.

Saudi Royal family, man

Can't wait to buy the league and CL

When the news of the second bid emerged.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/dec/13/mike-ashley-sale-newcastle-united-amanda-staveley

The identity of Staveley’s backers remains opaque but the 44-year-old is believed to have secured funding from the Middle East – quite possibly Saudi Arabia – and China. A skilled negotiator possessing peerless contacts in the Gulf, she masterminded Sheikh Mansour’s 2009 takeover of Manchester City.

Staveley’s latest ambition is to try to put Newcastle in a position where Benítez’s team can compete with City in the Premier League and the Champions League.

I told you it would be sorted over these few days!

It was done weeks ago but no way they’d announce something when they couldn’t put any deals in motion.

I reckon she’ll run things for the first year or so, and would expect her to put in place a proper board of experienced top level professionals.

You love guesswork