Various: Mike Ashley in talks with Sheikh Khaled bin Zayed Al Nehayan

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Each club should just have their own dedicated channel that you can subscribe to. Get every single game live, behind the scenes stuff, exclusive interviews, yadda yadda.

The difficulty to that is it becomes hard to evenly split the money generated from it, when Man Utd have a million Subscribers and Bournemouth have a tenth of that. But if you give people a share equal to what they generate the league will become even more inbalanced.

I'm in the mind set now that this isn't happening. At least that way I won't be disappointed when the statement comes out eventually saying that the club is no longer on the market. On the other hand, should we suddenly be sold, it'll be a nice surprise. I've given up on following anything journos or Twitter ITK's have to say.

It looks like nowt before February anyway.

He's the scum of the earth but if the value of the club is about to increase due to the PL getting yet another cash injection, I can't really blame him for wanting to see how much more he can get.

None of that excuses the frugality this month, however.

I would look at the other way. Every year he keeps the club, the more expensive it gets to stay in the Premier league due to the rocketing costs of players. We aren't in a good position any more because most of our players are worthless compared to what it would cost to upgrade them. While Ashley was no doubt creaming his pants when we got the money for players like Cabaye, Sissoko, Wijnaldum and Townsend, you would struggle to buy that calibre of player now.

Nothing before Christmas, nothing before January, nothing before February. It doesn't take the best analyst in the world to notice a pattern here. My excitement over a potential brilliant new start to a new era has gone and been replaced by complete cynicism.

If I keep the small bit of faith left in me that the PCP interest is real, they will eventually tire of ashley's bullshit and go elsewhere. He will eventually say he is selling again (around transfer window times I dont doubt) and who in their right mind will deal with this vomit licking gusset stain of an owner? He's already messed around the (now) man city owners and if he messes up with PCP then no one will come near him to buy the club for a very long time.

And as for the fans doing something about it? It won't happen. Too many are so ingrained that they will suffer through whatever with no light at the end of the tunnel, even though their staying away would be good for the long term future of the club. A few hundred may not turn up for a while but that's it. It's a thing I've noticed for a good long while now that no one at the top feels accountability anymore. At one time a politician doing something wrong would resign. A company doing something horrid in their business practices would be roundly turned on, compensation would be given to customers. A newspaper editor who had hacked a dead child's phone messages would be shunned and not given lucrative TV work constantly. Now it's a case of those in any sort of power don't care as there are no repurcussions. They just sit there and ride it out, knowing that as long as they have thick skin then there is nothing the public is able or willing to do to force them to do anything.

As for this takeover though, if the sound logic of other posters is to be believed then the price would have been more or less agreed upon in the very early stages and yet it's the price haggling that is being reported back on. That doesnt seem right to me.

I've seen comments saying that people think 50 million is not a small figure and yet it's discussed as if it's nothing at all. But then I also read comments that 25 million is nothing for a player in this day and age. I am paraphrasing of course and I don't think for a second it was the same person saying both things, but both are somewhat contradictory for either a greedy selling owner or a potentially ambitious new owner.

Anyway, I realise I'm rambling but I'm just so bored, frustrated and now highly skeptical of the entire fiasco.

He's the scum of the earth but if the value of the club is about to increase due to the PL getting yet another cash injection, I can't really blame him for wanting to see how much more he can get.

I would look at the other way. Every year he keeps the club, the more expensive it gets to stay in the Premier league due to the rocketing costs of players. We aren't in a good position any more because most of our players are worthless compared to what it would cost to upgrade them. While Ashley was no doubt creaming his pants when we got the money for players like Cabaye, Sissoko, Wijnaldum and Townsend, you would struggle to buy that calibre of player now.

I honestly don't think he sees his methods as flawed and each relegation is a temporary setback. He seems to just stubbornly persist with the methods that have been effective in his own business - bottom line, surround yourself by yes men, turn in a profit. He also doesn't care about us enough or the clubs welfare in general, business aside, and as the likes of Big Geordie subscribe to he actually gets a laugh about the whole thing with his wanker hanger on mates to boot.

I honestly don't think he sees his methods as flawed and each relegation is a temporary setback. He seems to just stubbornly persist with the methods that have been effective in his own business - bottom line, surround yourself by yes men, turn in a profit. He also doesn't care about us enough or the clubs welfare in general, business aside, and as the likes of Big Geordie subscribe to he actually gets a laugh about the whole thing with his wanker hanger on mates to boot.

Those methods only work if you can stay in the Premier though. The last relegation set us back two years, and if we go down again it will put us back further again, and that's assuming we come straight back up, which is a big thing to take for granted.

Right on cue...

As if the Chronicle know anything. If it wasn’t for Desmond owning the Express I’d put them in the same bracket, but as it is there is small chance that they do have some inside information.

Also has Chris Waugh taken Ryder’s job? Seems to have been given a lot of the NUFC stories recently and seems as pessimistic and dismissive of any positives as him.

Those methods only work if you can stay in the Premier though. The last relegation set us back two years, and if we go down again it will put us back further again, and that's assuming we come straight back up, which is a big thing to take for granted.

You don't need to tell me that. It's the ignorant twat himself.

He's not ignorant or that bothered about shoving it up the geordies IMO. He knows he can turn a profit whichever division we are in, he can just cut costs/sell players accordingly. Add that to the brand value for SD, and if the sale falls through, he won't be that bothered. Which is why I've always questioned this idea that he wants out. Of course he will leave if he gets offered a daft amount of profit on his deal, say £50m, but that's hardly the same thing.

He's not ignorant or that bothered about shoving it up the geordies IMO. He knows he can turn a profit whichever division we are in, he can just cut costs/sell players accordingly. Add that to the brand value for SD, and if the sale falls through, he won't be that bothered. Which is why I've always questioned this idea that he wants out. Of course he will leave if he gets offered a daft amount of profit on his deal, say £50m, but that's hardly the same thing.

I agree. Though none of those are mutually exclusive of one another.

https://twitter.com/CaulkinTheTimes/status/953224003904311298

Same old same old

We promised not to bother you with anything takeover-related until there was something of substance to report.

And despite fresh tabloid claims of activity, that situation hasn't changed.

What we can add is that an associate of Amanda Staveley was due to attend last Saturday's game against Swansea, but that no meetings with any Sports Direct or NUFC officials were scheduled.

PS: nowt new on signings either, if you wondered.

Each club should just have their own dedicated channel that you can subscribe to. Get every single game live, behind the scenes stuff, exclusive interviews, yadda yadda.

I'd be happy with that if the revenue was still shared.  Allowing each club to do it on an individual basis is just a recipe for the rich to get richer and leave the rest even further behind.

This isnt happening. end of.

If it doesn't, and it becomes apparent that PCP have pulled out completely, then I'm going to be very conflicted.

I'm going to want us to get relegated but then I don't want to lose games while Rafa is in charge.

This isnt happening. end of.

If it doesn't, and it becomes apparent that PCP have pulled out completely, then I'm going to be very conflicted.

I'm going to want us to get relegated but then I don't want to lose games while Rafa is in charge.

I'll back Rafa 100% for however long he's here.  After that it's open season.