Various: Mike Ashley in talks with Sheikh Khaled bin Zayed Al Nehayan

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

He's been given 3 separate offers to negotiate with and done fuck all with any of them. For those thinking all it needs is for AS to offer 50 mil more are missing the point. All Ashely needed to do was take the 350 million offer and remove the Championship clause from the final re-payment and negotiate the relegation clause (if this was done back in November we would no doubt have the players in Rafa needed by now).

Can't believe some of the reports saying that Amanda/PCP did not have the money to buy the club.  I thought you had to show that funds were in place before due diligence began.

I agree with earlier views i.e Ashley is not bothered about selling it because it supports his Sports Direct but he would accept a crazy (high) offer

Guest firetotheworks

I feel proper sorry for my best mate like. He works with this German lad who reckons that Staveley is lying, he can't believe that my mate believes her over Ashley. When my mate mentioned that Ashley has been lying for 10 years and was proven in court to have deliberately lied to the Newcastle fans and the manager, his response was 'all businessmen lie'

Can you imagine having to deal with that level of contradictory, deliberately obtuse shite? His argument is essentially

Him: Staveley the business person is a liar! Lying is bad!

My mate: Ashley lies all the time and it's been proven.

Him: Yeah, but all business people lie.

:dowiespin:

I feel proper sorry for my best mate like. He works with this German lad who reckons that Staveley is lying, he can't believe that my mate believes her over Ashley. When my mate mentioned that Ashley has been lying for 10 years and was proven in court to have deliberately lied to the Newcastle fans and the manager, his response was 'all businessmen lie'

Can you imagine having to deal with that level of contradictory, deliberately obtuse s****? His argument is essentially

:undecided:

Can you imagine having to deal with that level of contradictory, deliberately obtuse s****? His argument is essentially

It’s like you’ve never seen Ready to Groom

Have a feeling this isn't dead, just a lot more public. Would love to see a £300m no clauses bid made public and see what happens next.

I'm not sure. I'm worried that after so long, it's gone public like this. It's like a last desperate attempt to move things along. I now think Ashley has no intention to sell

Its concerning, if not surprising that theres seem sto have been no negotiation from Ashleys side... it appears to have been a case of 'if its not what he wants, he'll just ignore it'.

However, I still think/hope that if we get some more points on the board, and the threat of relegation lessens, then she may come back with another higher or revised offer, removing the relegation clauses.

However, I'm certain Ashley wont accept anything less, or with clauses in place, unless/until we go down again, and the value of his asset takes a hit again.

Have a feeling this isn't dead, just a lot more public. Would love to see a £300m no clauses bid made public and see what happens next.

I'm not sure. I'm worried that after so long, it's gone public like this. It's like a last desperate attempt to move things along. I now think Ashley has no intention to sell

If Ashley had no intention to sell then it would have been better for him to stay quiet and keep it going, especially while the window is open. He wants to sell, at his price, PCP need to up their bid.... Really nothing has changed apart from its all out in the open.

Its concerning, if not surprising that theres seem sto have been no negotiation from Ashleys side... it appears to have been a case of 'if its not what he wants, he'll just ignore it'.

I don't think it's true that there has been no negation by him.  He's just done it in his knuckle headed way:

PCP - Offer 1 Submitted

Ashley - Nope.  Don't want clauses.

PCP - Offer 2 Submitted

Ashley - Nope.  Still don't want clauses.

PCP - Offer 3 Submitted

Ashley - No direct response, maybe money is now too low.

PCP - Fine offer is still on table

Ashley - Make up story that two other bids are an table at 350m

PCP - Ok good luck, our offer is still on table when if that doesn't work out (chuckle)

Ashley - Concerned that public opinion is too far towards PCL - Publicly try to make themselves look like good guys - This at least adds doubt in peoples minds

PCP - Try to keep public opinion on their side with their side of negations by releasing their statement

If Ashley had no intention to sell then it would have been better for him to stay quiet and keep it going, especially while the window is open. He wants to sell, at his price, PCP need to up their bid.... Really nothing has changed apart from its all out in the open.

I tend to agree that he does really want to sell.  I think this weeks temper tantrum was two things. 

1.He's p*ssed off that he now needs to run the club in the transfer window.  He thought his "there are two other bids" lie would make PCP up their bid. And he'd be out of here.  It's no coincidence that the "three signings" and "PCP are time wasters" come out at same time.

2.He needs to keep some sort of public opinion on his side.  Protests will increase the chance of us losing Rafa and us going down.  He needs us to stay up if he want's anything close to £350m. 

What seems to be missing in the timelines is the December restaurant meeting. The third bid was in and it seems that the curry discussion led towards a possible compromise and chance of a deal. I think we can assume MA thought another bid was coming and when nothing arrived he's spat out his dummy. He didn't want the relegation clauses and didn't want to take the risk of relegation; now he is faced with the latter. In true MA style this may involve three loan signings and lets trust Rafa but it is a risk he is having to now take. Did PCP string him along here to force him into a January decision he didn't want to make?

Now that he is taking on the risk of relegation I don't think anything will happen until it is clear which league we are in next year. By then the new TV deal will be known and the impact of the HRMC investigation may be clearer. If we stay up he will want his £350m but that might be easier for PCP to pay knowing we have another year of TV money and a summer to spend and rebuild.

I do think he wants out and there is only one buyer in town at present so this will continue to run imo.