Various: Mike Ashley in talks with Sheikh Khaled bin Zayed Al Nehayan

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The way I read it is that she's tried every possible combination to buy the club in line with her valuation and taking into account future risks. All her offers are sensible and I am inclined to believe she has acted in good will. End of.

Binding the HMRC investigation to the clauses, therefore holding Ashley accountable beyond the completion of the season (if relegation is avoided), is entirely justified. They need to cover their arse, beyond the current campaign, depending how serious the investigation becomes. My reading, Ashley is attempting to skip town, free from any liability (as a result of the club's alleged practices, under his watch). The guy has some cheek.

I'd say the Champions League clause was the only one which remotely interested him. A $50m backslap for him if the club fulfilled it's potential, a position which Ashley has no interest in attaining. It's a nice pay-off to receive, off the back of your successor's hard work (and future investment into a rundown asset).

As far as I can tell from this link, the most severe penalty HMRC can issue is a fine of 200% of the tax due which in our case would be £10m iirc.

That's the worst case scenario from that side of things anyway, i'm not sure how you'd write a clause covering FA penalties like points deductions (which seem fairly unlikely anyway).

Wonder what would happen if she say here's £350 million that you wanted you fat, tight cockney b******. Take it and run. Would he take it? That would really reveal whether he really wanted to sell us or keep portraying his lying self.

The way I read it is that she's tried every possible combination to buy the club in line with her valuation and taking into account future risks. All her offers are sensible and I am inclined to believe she has acted in good will. End of.

Binding the HMRC investigation to the clauses, therefore holding Ashley accountable beyond the completion of the season (if relegation is avoided), is entirely justified. They need to cover their arse, beyond the current campaign, depending how serious the investigation becomes. My reading, Ashley is attempting to skip town, free from any liability (as a result of the club's alleged practices, under his watch). The guy has some cheek.

I'd say the Champions League clause was the only one which remotely interested him. A $50m backslap for him if the club fulfilled it's potential, a position which Ashley has no interest in attaining. It's a nice pay-off to receive, off the back of your successor's hard work (and future investment into a rundown asset).

I wonder what the relegation penalty clause was in that £350m second bid.  That seems pretty much everything he wanted assuming it's not too onerous.

As far as I can tell from this link, the most severe penalty HMRC can issue is a fine of 200% of the tax due which in our case would be £10m iirc.

That's the worst case scenario from that side of things anyway, i'm not sure how you'd write a clause covering FA penalties like points deductions (which seem fairly unlikely anyway).

10 Million tax @ 200% on a 100 miilion business seems cheap

10 Million tax @ 200% on a 100 miilion business seems cheap

It's just based on the tax we didn't pay, not the whole lot.  The papers said we'd avoided £5m of tax fraudulently so they could fine us 200% of £5m.

Wonder what would happen if she say here's £350 million that you wanted you fat, tight cockney b******. Take it and run. Would he take it? That would really reveal whether he really wanted to sell us or keep portraying his lying self.

300m upfront (eliminating the financial risk attributed to relegation, and any penalties associated with HRMC.... also factoring in the FA, if they wish to set a precedent) with the remaining 50m payable upon Champions League qualification would be interesting also.

Wouldn't be at all surprised if his final act was to agree to sell on transfer window closing day just to see us panic till the end of the season.

Fine by me. I just want him gone.

Hypothetical musing, based on a worse case scenario ie. points penalty (lets say 10 points).

Listed point tally, taking into account a penalty and which ever season it effects is levelled off against the actual tally based purely on results. If a ten point penalty cancels out the results based tally, dropping the club into bottom three and the next division....... then Ashley cops the full brunt of the relegation clause.

He would probably say ‘The price is now £400m’

He would probably say ‘The price is now £400m’

Daft thing is if he may be able to get around that figure  if he was prepared  to  accept a few clauses  if they did bid 350 million.

Just catching up on all last night's fun and games, no real surprises in Ashley being economonical with the truth again I see.

Does this interview with Caulkin not put her in clear breach of the NDA though, or is the thinking that he's already done that by briefing Sky Sports?

Just catching up on all last night's fun and games, no real surprises in Ashley being economonical with the truth again I see.

Does this interview with Caulkin not put her in clear breach of the NDA though, or is the thinking that he's already done that by briefing Sky Sports?

No idea . Sure both her and the times would know the legal side of that . As its Ashley who cares as he certainly  does not .

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11678/11212919/amanda-staveley-remains-keen-to-buy-newcastle-united

On Friday morning, a source close to Mike Ashley told SSN:" We are not aware of any bid that doesn't contain relegation clauses and we are not considering any further talks with PCP Capital Partners.

"Our sole focus is to support Rafa Benitez in the current transfer market with all the resources at our disposal."

Wow

This is agonising. We’re so close to getting rid of him.

I don’t think this story is over yet though.

Hopefully. Ashley is such a thin skinned cunt, he will probably pull the plug on any deal with them because she went to the papers.

I still have a flicker of hope, she would have just disappeared and said nothing  if she wasn’t still interested.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11678/11212919/amanda-staveley-remains-keen-to-buy-newcastle-united

On Friday morning, a source close to Mike Ashley told SSN:" We are not aware of any bid that doesn't contain relegation clauses and we are not considering any further talks with PCP Capital Partners.

"Our sole focus is to support Rafa Benitez in the current transfer market with all the resources at our disposal."

Wow

Ashley:

http://i.imgur.com/g4Uq2mA.gif

From the current situation we currently sit in all three bids offer very good value in 10 years this bloke has lost money on his investment with his cheap ass running of the club with the tax man waiting at the door .......just go man