Various: Mike Ashley in talks with Sheikh Khaled bin Zayed Al Nehayan

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest neesy111

Who gives a fuck about stable financial position?  We are a club that amazingly doesn't have a pot to piss in despite being in the PL.

Just after the August transfer window, the fat c*** has clearly realised another  way of not spending in January is to create a fake sale. Clear as day.

The cynic in me agrees, but there is no way MA is that clever...

Oh when it comes to not spending, he’s pretty clever.

After the first bid I’d imagine Ashley wasn’t too impressed with the other 2 bids. He wants £350M, PCP’s one bid that would reach that is too loaded. You’d like to think that a bid of around £325M with no clauses, perhaps made in say 2 instalments, might do the trick.

The new TV deal could move the goal posts altogether and PCP would be aware that this was around the corner. It is a little disappointing that they haven’t been prepared to meet Ashley nearer to his valuation. I can see why Ashley thinks they are pissing around.

The second bid is 300M with an easily avoided relegation clause (look at all the shit teams in the league and the easily upgradable positions in our team), plus a pie in the sky 50M for CL.

Had Ashley's people engaged PCP properly, you would think they could push for 25M without simply ignoring the bid. It's less than 10% extra. Ashley said he would sell to someone paying in installments, so that is not a factor.

Chuffed she did the interview, NDA yeah right, call me a time waster but I’ll just take it.      Well done AS show up the lying slug for what he really is, you would think he had form for lying 🤥

An NDA would usually only cover the clubs financial details and things like contract contents.

If it did involve the bidding process then Ashley would have broken the NDA first even though he lied.

“Mr Ashley, can you explain the discrepancy between your claim that no bids not containing relegation clauses was ever received, and Staveley’s contention that she made a £250m cash bid? Oh, and can you explain how your time was wasted when you spent so much time away on holidays?”

“Derp.”

After the first bid I’d imagine Ashley wasn’t too impressed with the other 2 bids. He wants £350M, PCP’s one bid that would reach that is too loaded. You’d like to think that a bid of around £325M with no clauses, perhaps made in say 2 instalments, might do the trick.

The new TV deal could move the goal posts altogether and PCP would be aware that this was around the corner. It is a little disappointing that they haven’t been prepared to meet Ashley nearer to his valuation. I can see why Ashley thinks they are pissing around.

The second bid is 300M with an easily avoided relegation clause (look at all the s*** teams in the league and the easily upgradable positions in our team), plus a pie in the sky 50M for CL.

Had Ashley's people engaged PCP properly, you would think they could push for 25M without simply ignoring the bid. It's less than 10% extra. Ashley said he would sell to someone paying in installments, so that is not a factor.

Exactly. Seems like from Ashley’s side there hasn’t been any movement to try and meet in the middle and complete a deal. It’s almost as if they aren’t interested in selling.

Guest reefatoon

He has no interest in selling at all, and will have been properly pissed off that some cheeky fucker turned up with a bid. Makes him look a bit of a twat and he will be seething.

Probably the only thing I’ve read about this whole sham that offers any scepticism of Staveley and PCP.

You’ve all bought wolf tickets I’m afraid.

It's never been clear where the money for a bid was coming from, and it sounds like Staveley has been hoping to get the funds together through various connections with investors from all over the world, once she'd managed to agree on a price and terms with Ashley. PCP seems to be a one-person band which puts deals together, rather than a company with funds and resources already in place.

All the complete opposite end of the spectrum from a Mansour-Abramovich type takeover.

Wonder why they want a relegation clause you fat c***.

It's a sport where 6 maybe 7 don't have to worry about this. Even a good manager with heavy investment doesn't guarantee survival.

When was the last time a good manager went down with heavy investment like?

It's a sport where 6 maybe 7 don't have to worry about this. Even a good manager with heavy investment doesn't guarantee survival.

The league has changed the last few years. Everton and West Ham were at big risk before they made a change. Palace have an expensive attack in comparison to the rest of the bottom half and had a manager who was being touted a lot on here when Pardew left, at the start of the season.

The league has changed the last few years. Everton and West Ham were at big risk before they made a change. Palace have an expensive attack in comparison to the rest of the bottom half and had a manager who was being touted a lot on here when Pardew left, at the start of the season.

None of them have gone down though. Bilic isn't a good manager and Everton would've most likely been fine. Palace fair enough in terms of investment, but de Boer was always a bit of a gamble.

I'll take Stavely's comments over Ashley's any day of the week.  We've had ten years of Ashley's flim flam, hearings in parliament, court hearings and other reports from business sectors on how unprofessional he is.  We have no idea how this will turn out with such a moronic gimp running the club for nothing more than advertising space for SD.  :rant:

This article needs to be seen by everyone of the 52,000 fans that go to the games. They need to know that Ashley clearly doesn’t have the best interests of the club at heart.

That has been clear since 2008 TBH.

Despite the war of words and crap flying round the situation seems pretty straght forward.

Ashley wants £350m (no clauses etc).  He feels justified as he invested £236m and IHO the club is in a stable financial situation now.

PCP value club at £250m.  As ITO the club needs £100m investment on top to make up for lack of investment in training ground and squad. 

We all have our opinions on who is right. 

Neither side wants to move and PCP’s funding may or may not still be in place now (Reubens family quotes)

"In a financially stable situation" -serious danger of relegation which would cripple the clubs finances.

I was watching a documentary about Robert Maxwell and how he was almost certainly a psychopath.

There is a misconception that a psychopath is someone violent or crazy etc but in actual fact a psychopath can exist in other forms and use those traits to work themselves right to the top of the business world.

The criteria applied to Robert Maxwell could well be applied to the media portrayal of Ashley.

I thought we were "financially stable" but clearly the fact we're skint suggests otherwise. Looking at the accounts 2 years ago, to the splurge he threw at McClaren then obviously the financial hit involved with relegation, I don't think there's much there. That'll change again hopefully on survival.

As a purely business point of view if someone offered to buy my business but said they would not pay in full if things went tits a year or two later I would tell them to do one. Unless I had an equal say in how they operated for those two years. I wish she just offered 300m no clauses.