Various: Mike Ashley in talks with Sheikh Khaled bin Zayed Al Nehayan

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I do wonder whether all this simply comes down to proof of funds. On at least two separate occasions over the years we've heard that Ashley demands proposed buyers to put up some actual cash before taking things any further. Why he would expect this to be entertained I'm not quite sure, but if it's his way of doing things then maybe it's as simple as that. AS has submitted bids, but Ashley doesn't believe they're genuine?

Surely if it was that he'd have told her - Ashley has form in messing people about.  Not remember last time he put the club up for sale, went to Dubai to meet buyers but didn't turn up for the meeting instead spent his time supposedly drinking in the bar.  He's has no intention of selling unless they offer stupid money.  Pure greed.

Sorry to be a total poindexter but....

Get a grip. Yes we're all angry about this but seriously...posting death threats or inciting criminal or violent acts really isn't smart, when they can be used in evidence against you further down the line.

:facepalm:

Because people are obviously going to carry out these crimes ffs :lol:

Because everyone's sounding so rational and level-headed right now, you mean?  :lol:

Nobody is a renowned fire starter IIRC.

What I see the bids are as follows

1: 200m + 100m relegation clause and HMRC Clause

2: 150m + 50m relegation clause + 100m instalments + 50m champions league clause

3: one off 250m.

I think the first bid is the best unless the HMRC case could cost us a few ten millions. Staveley will be responsible for the Jan funding and if she is serious about it Rafa would get the fund and we should be safe I.e. The fat cunt will likely getting 300m.

The second bid is very tricky. The 50m champions league bonus is a bit strange. I don't think the fat cunt will take it serious. So basically it's 300m with 50m relegation clauses and 100m deferred payment. It does sounds like a bit better than the first but cash flow wise it may not.

The third bid is simple, 250m upfront, no clauses. In this scenario, the fat cunt will never get his 300m asking price.

I ain't sure what people thinks but to me, the first bid is the only bid that likely meet the fat cunts asking price. The second bid isn't better because a lot of payment are deferred.  The fat cunt did say he accepts substantial deferred payment, but he didn't say the price will be adjusted accordingly, which is common in paying instalments. The third bid sounds like a "fuck off you moron we will never pay 300m take it or leave it that's it" statement to me. I am not surprised the fat cunt rejects this. Absolutely not.

I do wonder whether all this simply comes down to proof of funds. On at least two separate occasions over the years we've heard that Ashley demands proposed buyers to put up some actual cash before taking things any further. Why he would expect this to be entertained I'm not quite sure, but if it's his way of doing things then maybe it's as simple as that. AS has submitted bids, but Ashley doesn't believe they're genuine?

That's something that could be resolved surely? Far more likely for my money that he just doesn't want to sell and just doesn't even enter into negations. Reading between the lines there he's only ever told her what he disliked about her offers but never actually made a counter offer of any sort, something that her side could work with. Of course, putting a counter offer in carries the risk that the other side match it and you would then have to actually sell the asset.

Probably right, it just felt different this time. Like there was a genuine chance he might sell. We've heard from a number of sources that he just doesn't believe AS has made a serious bid, so at least one side is outright lying.

Sorry to be a total poindexter but....

Get a grip. Yes we're all angry about this but seriously...posting death threats or inciting criminal or violent acts really isn't smart, when they can be used in evidence against you further down the line.

:facepalm:

Because people are obviously going to carry out these crimes ffs :lol:

Because everyone's sounding so rational and level-headed right now, you mean?  :lol:

Nobody is a renowned fire starter IIRC.

A twisted one

As we feared at the outset. Newcastle United is just a massive billboard for Sports Direct. That Ashley never had any intention of selling.

Rafa could threaten to walk but Ashley just say bye bye. The only thing we can do is stop going to games and stop buying merchandise. But that's never gonna happen, so he's here indefinitely.

I think Staveley has too much to lose (her business reputation, as a wheeler & dealer) by throwing around bids from La La Land without providing any proof of funds.

Should have purchased corporate box tickets too lol.

Buying a corporate box first (borrowing another cunt's line, from a years back) to show Ashley that they're serious, is akin to rolling up to brothel and paying a viewing fee first (to assess the goods on offer) and that fee is non-refundable.

That's something that could be resolved surely? Far more likely for my money that he just doesn't want to sell and just doesn't even enter into negations. Reading between the lines there he's only ever told her what he disliked about her offers but never actually made a counter offer of any sort, something that her side could work with. Of course, putting a counter offer in carries the risk that the other side match it and you would then have to actually sell the asset.

Just a further point on this:

Seems they've never been convinced AS is serious, bids or not. Why?

I think Staveley has too much to lose (her business reputation, as a wheeler & dealer) by throwing around bids from La La Land without providing any proof of funds.

Should have purchased corporate box tickets too lol.

Buying a corporate box first (borrowing another cunt's line, from a years back) to show Ashley that they're serious, is akin to rolling up to brothel and paying a viewing fee first (to assess the goods on offer) and that fee is non-refundable.

That's no way to run a brothel. Shameful.

Time to start setting fire to his precious Sports Direct shops up and down the country. Hurt him where he actually cares.

I’ve been reading up. If we held a peaceful protest outside of his HQ by blocking in the delivery truck then it would be legal providing the roads we block are public roads (or we have permission from the landlord) and the police were given an advanced warning. Looking at the map of the area there is only 2 entrances to the warehouse which can both be blocked by blocking the roads outside of it (they appear to be on public land but would need clarification).

Blocking his wagons for just 1 day would result in millions being lost for SD, blocking it for a few days or working week would hit them considerably.

It may sound laughable to suggest and a bit extreme, but surely there is only so much we can do. Our fans won’t leave SJP in the numbers and timescales needed for Ashley to take note. SD being unable to run effectively would make him sit up and take note and no doubt the other shareholders and board members would be very p*ssed off at him for his s*** landing on their doorstep.

Great plan. Sunday night, see you there!

:lol:

She hammered him in that article, without one defamatory or even negative comment, even complimenting him. Really highlighted the gulf between them. He won't see this though, the fat, luddite c***. He doesn't have the capacity. Hope he has a heart attack when he's a sweaty mess trying to thumb his embarrassing, flaccid pecker in his bong eyed horror of a wife. c***.

Douglas works for NCJ Media, being negative unless he’s the one to get the big scoop is how they roll.

The other guy is an out and out cunt and has never had sex in case it brought him pleasure.

Douglas works for NCJ Media, being negative unless he’s the one to get the big scoop is how they roll.

The other guy is an out and out cunt and has never had sex in case it brought him pleasure.

Big claim about 'the other guy' there, skidmark. :lol:

For all you know, he could be a poster on here....

The way I read it is that she's tried every possible combination to buy the club in line with her valuation and taking into account future risks. All her offers are sensible and I am inclined to believe she has acted in good will. End of.

I’ll watch my mailbox carefully then.

That what the kids calling it these days?

Well, at the very least she knows how to say the right things, which is more than that fat toad has managed to do in 11 years.

She clearly sees the potential of the club and it’s importance to the City of Newcastle.  I still think this takeover will happen, but it will probably be long and agonising for us fans unfortunately.

The other guy is an out and out c*** and has never had sex in case it brought him pleasure.

GM ain't gonna PM

He already shot you a warning sucka.